SiouxSports.com Forum

Fools!

kim

Staying in the WCHA would have been the death of UND hockey as we know it. There were two groups in the WCHA. Group 1 included MN, WI, UND, DU, CC, UNO, and UMD. These are the schools with a large commitment to hockey. Group 2 included MTU, BSU, MSU, UAA, and SCSU. As long as there were sufficient schools with a big commitment to hockey, league votes were fine. With the coming of the B1G, MN and WI were gone. Now the small low budget teams would control the votes. UND had to do something to protect itself. Staying in the WCHA would not have been good for UND.

So why did Group 2 St Cloud manage to tag along with the teams in Group 1 who formed the NCHC?

I was in Sams club one day and they had a set up where you could put whats on your tablet on your television. Wouldn't this work with an iPad? With a smart tv, there's got to be a way to put up these broadcasts. I know, I was looking at this gizmo yesterday at office max that was like a smart DVD player without the dvd.I am also wondering if this would work? NeoTV Prime with Google TV

I have a cable that I can connect to a tv (has to have the right plug in) to my laptop. I don't have the same plug in on my Android phone or Galaxy tablet but then when I travel, I take all three with me.

Last night,

I couldn't see the Sioux/Vermont game, BUT they did have the Bison/Northern Iowa football game and Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State girls soccer game on AGAIN and something called the Texas High School Football Review Show. Maybe YaneA can just leave her cell phone on during the games and give me play by play ???!!!

what percentage of the people who viewed FSN every weekend are going to subscribe to watching their iPhone?

you are blind!

This was a bad deal for UND hockey.

Last night, I watched the game on my TV by hooking the computer up to it. While it isn't perfect, it's actually way better than watching on FCS last year.

Last night,

I couldn't see the Sioux/Vermont game, BUT they did have the Bison/Northern Iowa football game and Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State girls soccer game on AGAIN and something called the Texas High School Football Review Show. Maybe YaneA can just leave her cell phone on during the games and give me play by play ???!!!

Would the IHeartRadio app tuned to 96.1 The Fox bring the game to your phone or other device? Otherwise, I do text scoring updates and wry game observations to MafiaMan and I can certainly copy you on them!

I'm not going to take the time to see if the numbers are available from FSN or the Big10 Network but just because UND had the most viewers on one channel doesn't mean they have more viewers than Minnesota and Wisconsin. UND had the most viewers on NBCSSN, a channel that aired zero Minnesota games. I agree that the UND/Minnesota game would get more viewers than a Wisconsin vs whomever game. However, I would bet most Minnesota games will have more viewers than Wisconsin games. Minnesota is a hockey school, Wisconsin does very well with attendance usually, but that doesn't always translate into viewers.

The CBSSN agreement is a bad deal for UND. The exclusivity clause is the part that wrecks it for UND the most. The rest of the deal is actually pretty good for UND and the conference.

Just because it aired zero Minnesota games does not mean you cannot make a comparison. I would bet that the UND-Miami(OH) game on CBSSN will have more viewers than any Minnesota game on the Big10 Network during the first half of the season. Also, I would like someone to explain how the UND-BU game is allowed to be aired on NBCSN since we supposedly cannot have FCS cover the games. Would love to see the contract that was signed by the NCHC.

Would the IHeartRadio app tuned to 96.1 The Fox bring the game to your phone or other device? Otherwise, I do text scoring updates and wry game observations to MafiaMan and I can certainly copy you on them!

Yes, the iHeartRadio app works,that is what I use when I am at work.

I agree that UND is a mover and a shaker in the league but that doesn't mean they overrule everyone else. How happy would people have been had Minnesota and Wisconsin received more preferntial treatment in the old WCHA? Who would have been happy if those two big schools were able to dictate to the other schools how TV would work? Why is the situation different for UND in the NCHC?

Preferential treatment? You mean like the Minnesota rule for the final five?

Just because it aired zero Minnesota games does not mean you cannot make a comparison. I would bet that the UND-Miami(OH) game on CBSSN will have more viewers than any Minnesota game on the Big10 Network during the first half of the season. Also, I would like someone to explain how the UND-BU game is allowed to be aired on NBCSN since we supposedly cannot have FCS cover the games. Would love to see the contract that was signed by the NCHC.

The CBS Sports contract is with the NCHC...it does not trump all of college hockey. Hockey East has a deal with NBC Sports. Since UND is playing at BU, it can be aired on NBC sports per their Hockey East contract. If it was a UND home game, then it would likely have to be aired on CBS Sports if it were to be aired nationally.

Preferential treatment? You mean like the Minnesota rule for the final five?

That's why I said more.

What comparison can you make? That one UND hockey game which featured the #7 and the #14 hockey teams in the country had more viewers than the other 23 games aired on one specific channel? It's great that UND was number one. But it tells us nothing more than that they beat out 23 games.

The BU-UND game can be aired on NBCSN because it is not hosted at an NCHC school. Only home games at the 8 schools fall under the CBSSN contract. I'm guessing NBCSN is upset at the new deal as well and that's why they grabbed one of the bigger UND matchups as soon as possible.

I was in Sams club one day and they had a set up where you could put whats on your tablet on your television. Wouldn't this work with an iPad? With a smart tv, there's got to be a way to put up these broadcasts. I know, I was looking at this gizmo yesterday at office max that was like a smart DVD player without the dvd.I am also wondering if this would work? NeoTV Prime with Google TV

For Christmas last year my dad got me an Apple TV. I can mirror my tablet and phone to my television this way. The bummer is it is $100 for Apple TV. Those with Microsoft products will save coin with the same options. The problem in face besides my slow internet is the iPad screen stretches for about ~80% of my television. I consider that a first world problem though.

• Upvote 1

Put me in the camp of being happier with my coverage this season. Last year, when I couldn't make it to the home games, I was stuck watching the crappy, grainy low-definition feed being aired on Directv through the FCS channel. This season, I'm watching the HD webcast on my tablet through my TV, and couldn't be happier with the quality.

It's nice living within an hour of three NCAA hockey teams, 2 of which are NCHC teams, the other one I work for. Chatted with a higher member of an NCHC athletic department about the CBSSN TV deal today. He said each school had one vote about the TV deal. There were 7 yes votes and one no vote. The only no vote was Brian Faison.

Seems like Faison was pretty knowledgeable about how this deal would negatively affect UND's viewership. Glad he is in the fan's corner about trying to get the games as viewable as possible.

It's nice living within an hour of three NCAA hockey teams, 2 of which are NCHC teams, the other one I work for. Chatted with a higher member of an NCHC athletic department about the CBSSN TV deal today. He said each school had one vote about the TV deal. There were 7 yes votes and one no vote. The only no vote was Brian Faison.

Seems like Faison was pretty knowledgeable about how this deal would negatively affect UND's viewership. Glad he is in the fan's corner about trying to get the games as viewable as possible.

Well now why did you have to go and ruin gfhockey's schtick??

But but but - the league voted - In my book a pathetic excuse - we should have more and this is not ok

I understand the frustration. I'm frustrated... I liked watching on tv.

However, can I ask for a legitimate reason why you consider it an excuse? What should/could UND have done to prevent the league from signing this contract? What do you know that UND didn't do to prevent this contract?