SiouxSports.com Forum

Fools!

kim

It's nice living within an hour of three NCAA hockey teams, 2 of which are NCHC teams, the other one I work for. Chatted with a higher member of an NCHC athletic department about the CBSSN TV deal today. He said each school had one vote about the TV deal. There were 7 yes votes and one no vote. The only no vote was Brian Faison.

Seems like Faison was pretty knowledgeable about how this deal would negatively affect UND's viewership. Glad he is in the fan's corner about trying to get the games as viewable as possible.

So und, the school that basically pioneered the nchc, gets shafted by the conference, both on tv and choice of officials.

• Upvote 3

So und, the school that basically pioneered the nchc, gets shafted by the conference, both on tv and choice of officials.

I get that UND should feel like more than 1/8th of a vote because they were a founding member. But there are 7 other founding members in the conference. It's a conference, UND should play a role but why do they deserve more than what Denver, Colorado College, Duluth or Miami get? Those are the big schools in the conference... do those five schools get two votes and everyone else gets one? That's a great way to attract members. Does UND get all the votes and everyone gets none?

Why does UND deserve all the credit and the votes? Did they form the conference themselves? Did they force all the schools to join? Why even let the other schools decide on the name... I guess it should have been the North Dakota Hockey Conference because UND is the only school that matters because they were important in starting the conference. It's a conference, not an individual school leading the way. How difficult is that to understand?

Miami has been to the championship game more recently than us. Duluth and Denver have won more championships than us in the past 12 years. St. Cloud State was in the Frozen Four last year and beat Miami! Do they get a few more votes than us?

Would UND want to be a part of a conference where their vote mattered less than other schools? Then why the f do you expect other schools to do the same?

• Upvote 1

What fools we are at UND! Who would dump national TV coverage on a sport and replace it with a quirky, costly computer coverage. Dumb!!!! It is my understanding that they did this for the NCHC to secure a partial TV deal. It looks like we did not look out for the interest of UND and this will be the death of the UND hockey recruiting and fan base!!

I am very disapointed with the leadership (or lack thereof) who allowed this to happen. Who ever endorsed this deal should be fired!

Please let me know who i can send a letter. Unfortunately, the letter will not contain money until the get this resolved.

What a joke!!!!!!

this made me laugh

I get that UND should feel like more than 1/8th of a vote because they were a founding member. But there are 7 other founding members in the conference. It's a conference, UND should play a role but why do they deserve more than what Denver, Colorado College, Duluth or Miami get? Those are the big schools in the conference... do those five schools get two votes and everyone else gets one? That's a great way to attract members. Does UND get all the votes and everyone gets none?

Why does UND deserve all the credit and the votes? Did they form the conference themselves? Did they force all the schools to join? Why even let the other schools decide on the name... I guess it should have been the North Dakota Hockey Conference because UND is the only school that matters because they were important in starting the conference. It's a conference, not an individual school leading the way. How difficult is that to understand?

Miami has been to the championship game more recently than us. Duluth and Denver have won more championships than us in the past 12 years. St. Cloud State was in the Frozen Four last year and beat Miami! Do they get a few more votes than us?

Would UND want to be a part of a conference where their vote mattered less than other schools? Then why the f do you expect other schools to do the same?

I can't answer all your questions because I'm not in the know as to how these decisions went down. What I do know is that I have many friends and family members out of the area that no longer have the access to und hockey that they did in the past. Some of them are jumping through the multiple hoops to access the online stream. Most of them aren't. Just don't expect everyone to be content with the situation.

I can't answer all your questions because I'm not in the know as to how these decisions went down. What I do know is that I have many friends and family members out of the area that no longer have the access to und hockey that they did in the past. Some of them are jumping through the multiple hoops to access the online stream. Most of them aren't. Just don't expect everyone to be content with the situation.

I don't expect people to be content. I'm jumping through hoops to get the games. I have to bring a computer home from work every weekend to watch. And pay $63 to get it.

I do expect people to understand UND is in a conference and doesn't get to make all the decisions by themselves.

Im curious as to how many hoops need to be jumped.. 1) turn on computer. 2) go to undsports.com 3) sign up for an account ($63?) 4) launch browser

Im curious as to how many hoops need to be jumped.. 1) turn on computer. 2) go to undsports.com 3) sign up for an account ($63?) 4) launch browser

It may sound simple. But between my friends and family maybe 30% are watching online or on midco and 70% are not watching at all, when 100% of them watched on tv in recent seasons of the past. Not sure how viewership nationwide overall is affected but it must be down:/

It may sound simple. But between my friends and family maybe 30% are watching online or on midco and 70% are not watching at all, when 100% of them watched on tv in recent seasons of the past. Not sure how viewership nationwide overall is affected but it must be down:/

I understand it's not simple but if someone wants to watch the team 60$ isnt going to stop them. It seems stupid to fight about. yes, the FCS package was the !@#$, no denying that. At this time thought we still have a pretty good gig going on. The Sensor's in Bloomington Minnesota had the game on tonight. It's not like this tv contract is going to kill the program, those who think so are the people who rock the tin hats when people talk about aliens.

Are you familiar with UND's exit from the WCHA?

We are, and it doesn't quite match the gpl consensus agreement among Gopher fans; like everything else, you guys make stuff up to suit your own beliefs, then spew it all over message boards, as if it's the truth.

• Upvote 1

Very well said.