SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I don't think UND fb alumni expect someone with UND ties. We just need to get the program back on track. I'm not sure who people think the insiders are but I think Faison will do this his way and that is how it needs to be.

At some point in everyone's career they had no UND ties. They have to come here to get them.

Is that accurate? I never saw the interview but there has been some question as to whether the $70k is on top of the $150k or just to get to $150k. Or was the extra $70k for assistant salaries.

Could be off, he didn't give a $ amount on the show, but it was reported later that the amount was $70,000, and that it would put the HC salary over $200,000. Not sure how much of it is for other coaches, but either it is not a lot (20,000 or less), or the $70,000 is a separate pool from the increases for other coaches on staff.

Better up the ante or lower the expectations...

@DomIzzoWDAY: New #NDSU HC Chris Klieman will have base salary of 261,000 with other guaranteed money (media, camps) that will reach 326,000

Does that guaranteed money include his cut on ticket sales too, like Bohl had? I'm assuming the usual incentives are there too for conference championships as well as playoff appearances.

Is this better than what they gave Bohl, because I think Bohl got around $425,000 when he won everything last year?

Does that guaranteed money include his cut on ticket sales too, like Bohl had? I'm assuming the usual incentives are there too for conference championships as well as playoff appearances.

Is this better than what they gave Bohl, because I think Bohl got around $425,000 when he won everything last year?

Still less, according to a Fargo Forum article from this summer, Bohl received total compensation of $367,843 last year.

Interesting read if you have time: http://mobile.inforum.com/page/article/id/402419/

Bollinger was on the radar cuz he is an up and coming " blue chip" coach. He has been successful where ever he has been and that will continue. Stating it was cuz he was a ball boy would not be a statement from anyone who understands something about college fb or coaching. He would have been an excellent candidate. Don't know if would have been best candidate but some guys have "it" and he is one of them. Risks because of lack of head coaching experience, but I would have been willing to put my job on the line for a guy with his ability and intelligence. He is a class act, but he isn't interested so I'm not sure why the remark. Had he applied he may not have been best candidate but he would have been a good one.

I made the remark because I was trying to draw a parallel between Bubba and Bollinger. People don't seem to want Bubba despite the fact that he has a solid resume mainly because he spent 15 years coaching at UND. Lots of people were initially lusting over Bollinger despite the fact that his coaching resume is rather underwhelming mainly because he grew up in Grand Forks and was a good player at a high collegiate level.

I didn't make the comment in an effort to disparage Bollinger, rather I am just wondering why familiarity with UND is positive for one candidate and a negative for another.

I'll step back and hope only those that "understand college football and coaching" continue the discussion, as I am apparently not qualified to have an opinion.

How much over the minimum salary would you expect a newly hired candidate to be paid?

If i had the choice it would be close to the base salary that Hak gets. show the fans that we are serious about reviving the football program, that football AND hockey can succeed at the same time. I would love to go to a great football game in the afternoon and then a great hockey game later that same night.. i know it's not going to happen, i'm just glad that the salary will be higher than what muss was getting. but heck, the spirit campaign went like $20 million over the goal, so why can't they take out a million of that over a few years to get a contract for a coach that we wouldn't be able to get without stretching our budget? it would definitely raise my 'spirit'

I made the remark because I was trying to draw a parallel between Bubba and Bollinger. People don't seem to want Bubba despite the fact that he has a solid resume mainly because he spent 15 years coaching at UND. Lots of people were initially lusting over Bollinger despite the fact that his coaching resume is rather underwhelming mainly because he grew up in Grand Forks and was a good player at a high collegiate level.

I didn't make the comment in an effort to disparage Bollinger, rather I am just wondering why familiarity with UND is positive for one candidate and a negative for another.

I'll step back and hope only those that "understand college football and coaching" continue the discussion, as I am apparently not qualified to have an opinion.

Your comment was "only he was just a ball boy" didn't seem complimentary. I agree Bubba is a viable candidate. Like I said Bollinger is not a candidate. Don't get put off if someone sticks up for him. I never said you don't understand fb. The fact that I may or may not think I know something doesn't make me or anyone else anymore or less qualified than you to comment on a fan board. The powers that be don't seem to think enough of us to add us to the interviewing committee so we are all just a bunch of rubes with nothing else to do today.

Your comment was "only he was just a ball boy" didn't seem complimentary. I agree Bubba is a viable candidate. Like I said Bollinger is not a candidate. Don't get put off if someone sticks up for him. I never said you don't understand fb. The fact that I may or may not think I know something doesn't make me or anyone else anymore or less qualified than you to comment on a fan board. The powers that be don't seem to think enough of us to add us to the interviewing committee so we are all just a bunch of rubes with nothing else to do today.

We'd have done this deal already. "Wisdom of Crowds" is a book Faison should read copyright Cratter. Faison should've crowdsourced this hire! I'm kidding!

I don't think we will see the "9" unless Miller can sleuth it out. And to the rumors... that's all they are even from my guy...heck I could have been talking to "gfhockey" for all I know!?

I will still stand by the feeling that if Pflu isn't a "9" this process is just a flat out circus with Faison as the ring leader.

There was a small window for Faison to have his s*** together, have "his" guy in place and steal some much needed spotlight for this program with Bohl leaving but with SU winning yesterday and Klieman being named HC today any announcement at anytime now by Faison won't create much of a buzz IMO. I see it as a totally wasted opportunity.

How about this? Golladay to NIU? Nothing official, but.....

Would everyone just relax please? Faison needs time. His hands are tied. Just let this all play out. I trust and have faith that Faison has a plan and knows what he's doing. He understands how Division 1 football works, specifically with hiring a head coach. He has a great football network that he uses. He's a great PR guy and communicator and he knows what he's doing. He's a great leader of men and people just naturally gravitate towards him. They respond to him. He inspires confidence. He's the kind of guy people will run through walls for.

Regarding Pflugrad: unless something has changed since they originally trimmed it down to 9, he's out.

• Upvote 2

Would everyone just relax please? Faison needs time. His hands are tied. Just let this all play out. I trust and have faith that Faison has a plan and knows what he's doing. He understands how Division 1 football works, specifically with hiring a head coach. He has a great football network that he uses. He's a great PR guy and communicator and he knows what he's doing. He's a great leader of men and people just naturally gravitate towards him. They respond to him. He inspires confidence. He's the kind of guy people will run through walls for.

Regarding Pflugrad: unless something has changed since they originally trimmed it down to 9, he's out.

Is this just sarcasm or is there more to this...

Are you saying the process didn't work when we hired Lennon? I agree that the process is ugly but it did result in a good hire in that case.

A bit different then. We were D2, things moved a little slower. Also, the only candidates were three former/current UND coaches and some other guy from out west. It was pretty clear who was going to get the job from the outset.

A bit different then. We were D2, things moved a little slower. Also, the only candidates were three former/current UND coaches and some other guy from out west. It was pretty clear who was going to get the job from the outset.

Dale Lennon, Randy Hedberg, Jeff Tesch, and Steve Morton (assistant at Washington) got the interviews. RT was named A.D. on February 19, Lennon named coach March 30.

Interestingly enough, Morton was associate head coach at Weber last season. He's been all over FBS: Washington, Washington St., USC, Iowa St., Stanford, Nevada, San Jose St. He probably would have gotten a look if he had applied this time.

Not surprised that Golladay will try his luck in Dekalb. He will play for them.

The rest of your post. :lol:

I trust and have faith that Faison has a plan and knows what he's doing. He understands how Division 1 football works, specifically with hiring a head coach. He has a great football network that he uses. He's a great PR guy and communicator and he knows what he's doing. He's a great leader of men and people just naturally gravitate towards him. They respond to him. He inspires confidence. He's the kind of guy people will run through walls for.

The first paragraph sounds like a potential Hallmark card! ;)

Regarding Pflu: That's why many feel this process is a joke...including me. There are NOT 9 better candidates especially with any dumb a** point system in place.

Dale Lennon, Randy Hedberg, Jeff Tesch, and Steve Morton (assistant at Washington) got the interviews. RT was named A.D. on February 19, Lennon named coach March 30.

Interestingly enough, Morton was associate head coach at Weber last season. He's been all over FBS: Washington, Washington St., USC, Iowa St., Stanford, Nevada, San Jose St. He probably would have gotten a look if he had applied this time.

:huh: Rainman.