SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

So is anyone else nervous about the list of candidates? I realize from the get go that everyone said the best candidates would more than likely apply on 12/10 but we only have one applicant that interests me, Pflugrad.

Yes. I honestly was expecting at least 3-4 go to names...still keeping my fingers crossed!

So is anyone else nervous about the list of candidates? I realize from the get go that everyone said the best candidates would more than likely apply on 12/10 but we only have one applicant that interests me, Pflugrad.

I'm rapidly approaching that point. I felt all along that at best Pflugrad was a longshot. But given who else has actually applied, he's head and shoulders above everybody else IMO.

Recent article in Forum/not mention as a possibility

That article was pure speculation. Their future coach may or may not be on that list. Several people on that list are real long shots at best. The 2 coordinators from Minnesota are very unlikely to leave Jerry Kill's staff unless he is going to step down. The coach from Pueblo is favored to get the job at Eastern Michigan.

More like he doesn't want the Bison. Knows which program has more upside.

Yeah no reason to assume all the UND candidates are going to run straight to NDSU with their resumes...the expectations and pressure there are going to be tremendous. Stepping in after potentially 3 FCS Championships is a meat grinder.