SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

I went to the CC game tonight and this is the first game I've seen all year where they played a fundamentally sound game for 60 full minutes. Archibald, Guentzel, Walters and co. were neutralized. CC attacked and crashed the net.

I think because CC is typically a 'run and gun' team, they fair much better against teams that play the same type of style. I think that's why they've historically given UND fits, even if they've been struggling against other teams.

Denver beats Miami 3-1 despite being outshot 34-12.

Ouch.

And that loss puts Miami's league record at 2-5.

Prior to the season, who would have predicted that??

I can't ignore the elephant in the room anymore - it's obvious that Enrico Blasi needs to be fired.

Sheesh. If stating a simple fact is all it takes to make you guys short and snarky I can imagine how you would react to someone actually trolling or replying in kind.

It is just a little defensive reaction because of the Gopher trolls that do come around here. You all begin to sound alike at some point. :)

Minnesota looses in a shootout 1-0

Counts as a tie everywhere but the Big 10 standings.

But they still lost. And B10 standings do matter.

No they didn't. It was a tie in our record and MSU's. They simply were rewarded an extra point.

THIS is just one of the reasons why I hate shootouts!

We agree on one thing. Dang things create too much confusion. Goes down as a tie byt MSU gets an extra point. Wouldn't that affect the standings?

It affects the conference standings, and thus the seeding for the conference tournament at the end of the year. It does reduce the number of tie-breaking procedures to determine seeding for the conference tournament. Other than that, it has little effect. However, the joy of the crowd and the MSU players when they won the shootout was quite evident. So there is also that.