SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4152jH1UeHk

I'm not a Vikings fan but I've watched this 100 times and still fail to see what the tackler did wrong here.  He's falling down on his back himself...what's he supposed to do to make sure Brees doesn't break free as opposed to joining him on the turf? 

Heck, other than possibly breaking free, Brees maybe could've flipped the ball to the RB standing right in front of him.  Munnerlyn did the right thing taking him all the way to the ground.  I also don't think there was a whistle until after he was down.  If refs want to protect QBs, they should exercise better judgement and blow the whistle earlier when they see a QB locked up like that. 

Real nice debut for Teddy and a win for the Vikes. Atlanta might have an offense that is right towards the top in the NFL but their defense is probably bottom 10. Hopefully Teddy can recover quickly from his sprained ankle and be ready for Green Bay Thursday because if Ponder has to start Thursday it could get ugly.

Can we cut Ponder right after the game?  Seriously, I don't want to see him in a Vikings uniform ever again! :angry:  Thank god Bridgewater isn't seriously injured.

And I am sure the national media will talk about how "great" the Packer defense is, when it's all because of Ponder's ineptitude.  The FU defense could probably stop Ponder, that is how bad he is. :angry:

Cut Ponder on Friday, sign another QB off the street on Saturday and get Bridgewater back on the field at TCF Bank Stadium on October 12th vs. the surprisingly solid Detroit Lions.  Sounds like a plan to me!

How can anybody possibly think he's worth a roster spot? Just shows how thin the QB position is in the NFL right now.

I think he is done at the end of the season.  And I think the Vikings better draft another QB in 2015 to build some depth at the position because I don't think Cassel will be back either.

Ponder is probably done in the NFL period after this season when his contract is up with the Vikings. He just isn't close to a NFL caliber QB stares down coverage, stares down pressure, horrible decision maker, really struggles with accuracy and not a whole lot of arm strength to go with it.

And I think the Vikings better draft another QB in 2015 to build some depth at the position because I don't think Cassel will be back either.

Teams don't typically draft QB's to tell them "sign here - you're our career-long back-up." The Vikings will try to sign a veteran on the cheap.

Teams don't typically draft QB's to tell them "sign here - you're our career-long back-up." The Vikings will try to sign a veteran on the cheap.

Ah, the Denny Green method of building a team.  I still have a lot of enmity for the man. :devil:

They'll need to sign two veterans on the cheap because all that will be back next season is Bridgewater.

Ah, the Denny Green method of building a team. I still have a lot of enmity for the man. :devil:

They'll need to sign two veterans on the cheap because all that will be back next season is Bridgewater.

Good old Denny...still can't believe he wasted a first-round pick on a guy whose own college coach told him NOT to draft him.

Good old Denny...still can't believe he wasted a first-round pick on a guy whose own college coach told him NOT to draft him.

True, but the Vikes had two first round picks that year IIRC, and Denny referred to the Underwood pick as a 'bonus' pick. ;)

True, but the Vikes had two first round picks that year IIRC, and Denny referred to the Underwood pick as a 'bonus' pick. ;)

Yea, he was probably right, too. After all, you can't expect quality picks in the late first round anyways, right?*

*sarcasm alert