SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-14 Season

UND Fan

NODAK, you seriously need to get a hobby buddy if your still so stressed out about UND hoops. It's a new week kid. Get over it!

Not stressed, everyone knows what the problems are with this team and yet they come on a video and talk all team and preach all team and hardly every play team. If they did play the way they talk then we would have won half the games we've lost. Last game they did a better job, lets see if it carries over to tonight and saturday and I am hoping it does.

• 3 weeks later...

I am watching the NDSU basketball game right now and I think if we were to play them again that would be a very different game. NDSU is much improved since then. I think the big difference between them and us is they have some post scoring with Bjorklund and Aaberg and we have only Traylor.

There are 351 D1 schools and we rank 83rd in FG percentage and 114th in points per game, neither not too bad. We rank 327th in rebounds/game, MMMMMMMMMM. Maybe the coaches should work on something, like boxing out.

The UND women are ranked SEVENTH, in rebound margin with 11.1, they average 45 RPG, while the men average 31 RPG. Maybe the coaches need to watch the women rebound and take notes.

• Upvote 1

The UND women are ranked SEVENTH, in rebound margin with 11.1, they average 45 RPG, while the men average 31 RPG. Maybe the coaches need to watch the women rebound and take notes.

Agree, the coaches just need to watch game films and realize none of the big's even attempt to box out. Heck you can see that without watching game films, just pay attention to whats going on during the game.

• Upvote 1

Big Sky Power Rankings

2. North Dakota (7-5, 5H / 3A) - They are a tough team to predict, because they potentially have the highest ceiling of any team in the Big Sky, but they might have the lowest floor among the top four. They are playing well now though, and you can't help but be impressed by their 2-2 performance on a tough roadtrip (the same one that saw UNC go 0-4). Quietly, after having depth issues the last few years, they have perhaps the best bench in the Big Sky, with key contributions from Jamal Webb, Cole Stefan, and Alonzo Traylor. They are dangerous.

Top Freshman in the Big Sky

- Quinton Hooker (North Dakota) - Hooker is not asked to do a lot for North Dakota, but he is a solid contributor with a bright future. He needs to work on his outside shot, but he has made 17/36 from inside the arc. Like other UND players, he has been adept at forcing turnovers, with a 3.2 steal percentage, which is in the top 170 in the nation. He has also shown an ability to be a playmaker, with a solid 22.3% Assist Rate. He is a good rebounder as well for his position. His role will be much bigger next year when all the seniors graduate, and he is getting a lot of valuable experience.
  • Upvote 1

How many wins does everyone think it will take to make the conference tournament? Last year I believe 8-12 made it but I believe 10-10 will make it this year. For us to get a 2 seed I believe we will need to win at least 12 games.

Im thinking 10 will be the cut off for the tourney, and I think 13 is the magic number for the 2 seed. Like I posted in the other thread. UND needs to defend home court and get 2 out of 3 in the Sac, NAU, and SUU road games.

If this team did nothing other than box out and shoot free throws for 3 hours every day in practice they would probably be in first place right now.

I wonder what they actually do in practice every day? Just set a ball screen for the guard at the top of the key all day long?

Probably just sit around and look at their Great West Championship rings. I'm sure none of them want or try to get better... they don't care and just want better individual stats :silly:

Probably just sit around and look at their Great West Championship rings. I'm sure none of them want or try to get better... they don't care and just want better individual stats :silly:

Have you watched them play? They aren't getting better and do not know how to actually find a man and box that person out. Literally incapable.

Standings as of 2/18/14

Weber St. 11-3

Northern Colorado 9-5

North Dakota 8-6

Northern Arizona 8-6

Montana 7-7

Eastern Washington 7-7

Montana St. 7-7

Sac. St. 7-7

Idaho St. 7-7

Portland St. 6-8

Southern Utah 0-14

Bolded teams are this weekends opponents.

Standings as of 2/18/14

Weber St. 11-3

Northern Colorado 9-5

North Dakota 8-6

Northern Arizona 8-6

Montana 7-7

Eastern Washington 7-7

Montana St. 7-7

Sac. St. 7-7

Idaho St. 7-7

Portland St. 6-8

Southern Utah 0-14

Bolded teams are this weekends opponents.

There is absolutely no room for any kind of a hiccup with this conference so tight from the 3rd spot to the 10th spot. This is crazy the way the standing are. Any team that gets in can win the whole thing and its a shame this conference does not allow everyone in, still makes no sense to me.

I hate to say this but you can tell by watching certain players on how they re-act when they are not scoring and how they act on the bench it's only about individual stats for them. That is the major problem with this group of guys as it has been for 4 years. I see players standing and cheering on the bench and I see players when they come off the floor go thru the entire bench and give high fives and then the other ones ( individuals) that don't stand and cheer and when they are taken out walk straight to their chair and sit down, those are our captains by the way.

There is absolutely no room for any kind of a hiccup with this conference so tight from the 3rd spot to the 10th spot. This is crazy the way the standing are. Any team that gets in can win the whole thing and its a shame this conference does not allow everyone in, still makes no sense to me.

Really? I like it… it makes the regular season actually means something.

These games are more exciting because something is on the line.

Big Sky Power Rankings

4. North Dakota (8-6, 3H/3A) - They are like Jekyll and Hyde. For 25 minutes against Montana State, they looked pitiful, trailing by 20 early in the second half. Then they kicked things in gear, and cut the lead to three, but couldn't quite overcome the Bobcats. They could give Weber a run for their money in the Big Sky tourney, or lose in the first round - sometimes it seems like there is no in between for them.