SiouxSports.com Forum

Home games on TV

littlebreadman

Sorry, I should add some details, I just moved away from Grand Forks so I won't have local channels. I know in the past the games could be found on some high number channels both with dish and direct TV for most home games. Guess I will be getting the Webcast this year.

Yo__u mea___n t_he..........."buffering".............we_bca_______st?

Yo__u mea___n t_he..........."buffering".............we_bca_______st?

Would you give it a rest? We get it, you don't like the broadcast. I for one, never had a buffering problem with the broadcast last year. The only complaint that I would say that I had was that two or three games had points where the sound was off from the video.

Big Sioux fans moving to Arizona this fall. Would like to know from others who live there the best way to get games on TV. Cable or dish or direct?

I usually just go over to R.T. O'Sullivans in Mesa. It's typically packed with Sioux fans. But, if you're down in the San Tan Valley it will be a little farther for you. I'm only there during January and February so I don't bother getting a cable package.

Little tip for DirecTV subscribers...I have been with DirecTV for a few years now and am no longer under contract. I was paying something like $110 / month (with sports pack).

I called to cancel a few weeks ago and they literally cut my bill in half to $52.00 per month for the same package and gave me Sunday Ticket free for the entire season (I just need to cancel before next season to not get billed). All because I am a "VIP" customer.

If you have been with DirecTV for more than a couple years I suggest trying this. Everything is so damn expensive these days so I will take a discount wherever I can get is.

Little tip for DirecTV subscribers...I have been with DirecTV for a few years now and am no longer under contract. I was paying something like $110 / month (with sports pack).

I called to cancel a few weeks ago and they literally cut my bill in half to $52.00 per month for the same package and gave me Sunday Ticket free for the entire season (I just need to cancel before next season to not get billed). All because I am a "VIP" customer.

If you have been with DirecTV for more than a couple years I suggest trying this. Everything is so damn expensive these days so I will take a discount wherever I can get is.

Same with Dish Network (after contract expiration) and most cable companies after the initial discount period ends. Just threaten to leave and your bill will be magically reduced.....

I did the same thing about a year ago when I dumped Qwest and went with Charter for phone and internet. I told DirecTV that in order to stay competitive I needed $X cut from my bill. Wallah - I got my bill reduced for a year! Now, when it comes time to add Center Ice this year I think I'll be doing some more negotiating! Charter really, really wants me as a TV subscriber too, and now that FSSN is no longer on FCS and I will be heavily relying on my Charter internet for webcasts DirecTV is losing their leverage with me. ;-)

• Upvote 1

I have been with DirecTV for just over two years, I called to bump my subscription down from the top package to the one just below, because frankly, I don't need all of the channels that they have with that package...They gave me another great deal. I pay about 140 for everything top of the line DirecTV package.

Edited by Goon

I've done that with Comcast in the past, but my DirectTV is up in a couple of months, so thanks for the intel!

When you call you need to be clear that you want to cancel...they will then transfer you to their "save team." Which is a team of inside sales reps that gets bonused on how many clients they save (standard practice for large companies). Make sure your contract is up, otherwise you automatically loose the negotiation.

Edit: a good excuse to use is that you can't justify the cost..economy, etc.

hope the webcast and its producers are ready for all the fans that are losing there FCS feed or any other feed they were watching the games on. I can see this being an issue when the subscriptions and fans watching increase ten fold! It also sucks having to go to the web feed and not being able to DVR the game or pause it when needed. It's gonna be an interesting season as far as watching games. I guess it may be time to upgrade to a smart tv.

hope the webcast and its producers are ready for all the fans that are losing there FCS feed or any other feed they were watching the games on. I can see this being an issue when the subscriptions and fans watching increase ten fold! It also sucks having to go to the web feed and not being able to DVR the game or pause it when needed. It's gonna be an interesting season as far as watching games. I guess it may be time to upgrade to a smart tv.

If there are issues with the stream not being solid enough, it's not going to be UND or Midco's fault. That's on Neulion. Just like with live streaming on America One (formerly b2), UND sends one game feed (likely three stream qualities) to the Neulion servers. Then Neulion is responsible for hosting all of the traffic that logs in to watch the games.