SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky News

bincitysioux

I am looking forward to hearing how you think UND can get a hockey-only invitation to the B1G, or even better, how Kelley could have prevented the B1G from forming a hockey conference. Or perhaps you think UND can gain full membership in the B1G? You are as delusional as LakesBison, or maybe you are Lakes!

1. John Hopkins has established an affiliate precedent with being added as the 6th team to play Lacrosse.

2. Kelley could not have prevented anything.

3. UND will not gain full membership in the Big 10.

4. Nobody is as delusional as lakesbison.

• Upvote 1

1. John Hopkins has established an affiliate precedent with being added as the 6th team to play Lacrosse.

You go get 'em Bulk Truck. If you can see a way to get UND an affiliate hockey membership in the B1G hockey conference, this board would cheer your efforts. (btw, the B1G already has 6 hockey members, they had to add one to get to 6 members for lax)

You go get 'em Bulk Truck. If you can see a way to get UND an affiliate hockey membership in the B1G hockey conference, this board would cheer your efforts. (btw, the B1G already has 6 hockey members, they had to add one to get to 6 members for lax)

Everything is an art of negotiating, gain something here and give up something there. What would you, personally, give up to gain admission of UND hockey in the Big 10. I will sit back and hear what you have to say! :whistling:

Everything is an art of negotiating, gain something here and give up something there. What would you, personally, give up to gain admission of UND hockey in the Big 10. I will sit back and hear what you have to say! :whistling:

I got nothin'. ;)

UND/Faison did pretty darn well putting together the NCHC with Denver, Miami and the rest after Goldie and Bucky went to the B1G.

I got nothin'. ;)

UND/Faison did pretty darn well putting together the NCHC with Denver, Miami and the rest after Goldie and Bucky went to the B1G.

I am not talking financial assets, I am talking philosophical and thought process capital or assets. Faison reminds me of Bob Entzion at NDSU and I will leave it at that.

Please tell me what's so special about the Big 10 for hockey? Winning a NC, our conference has many of those, attendance UND is #1, television, UND has that. How many hockey games are on the Big 10 network? The BTN showed 22 games last season, only 3 were shown from Oct 11 - Jan 10th. THREE!!! Because hockey takes a backseat to football and basketball in the Big 10. The Big 10 has big named schools that's all, and 2 of those schools in that 6 team league haven't done squat in hockey.

I am not talking financial assets, I am talking philosophical and thought process capital or assets. Faison reminds me of Bob Entzion at NDSU and I will leave it at that.

Bulk Truck reminds me of Bill Kiefer and 100 starving and dead horses. Can't even take charge of his own affairs, but he insists we foolow him. I will leave it at that.

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

Have you heard of a lot of Associate Conference Commissioners? I doubt that most people have, other than perhaps the conference they follow most.

Your sarcasm isn't appreciated or necessary. I hope you have a better day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Is this a good thing? I have never heard of her.

I'll bite. I assume it's a good thing because I assume that the people in charge of the hiring process are competent and diligent and know much more about the qualities and experience needed to be a conference commissioner than I do. (not sarcasm). 

Williams graduated from Texas A&M in 1997 where she competed as a student-athlete in both women's basketball and volleyball.

http://www.nacda.com/sports/cefma/mtt/williams_andrea00.html

Associate Commissioner, Football & Basketball Operations Andrea Williams

http://www.bigten.org/school-bio/big10-staff.html

Just trying to get a read on who this new commissioner is. I guess my only concern is she graduated in 1997. That sounds a touch young to be commissioner of a DI conference. 

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

I'll bite. I assume it's a good thing because I assume that the people in charge of the hiring process are competent and diligent and know much more about the qualities and experience needed to be a conference commissioner than I do. (not sarcasm). 

I can tell that's not sarcasm, thanks. I figured the current deputy commish would take over so this announcement was a bit of a surprise.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Just trying to get a read on who this new commissioner is. I guess my only concern is she graduated in 1997. That sounds a touch young to be commissioner of a DI conference. 

You're comparing her to when you graduated so anyone who graduated in the last half of the 20th Century seems young to you.  ;)