SiouxSports.com Forum

1st round tonight

Fetch

Ottawa and Montreal...embarrassing.

I think MacLean really made a mistake by calling that late timeout and after he did that I have no problem with who the Canadiens sent out on the ice. I think he may have just woke up the Canadiens and we will see that next game, I really like all the emotion from everybody in this series and think it will probably boil over a few more times before the end.

I think MacLean really made a mistake by calling that late timeout and after he did that I have no problem with who the Canadiens sent out on the ice.

I guess that's your take, but the Canadians gooned it up well before then. This IMO was MacLean's way of saying enough is enough. Montreal played zero "hockey" the last 15 minutes of the game.

This is an interesting take on the incident. I don't blame the head coach for doing what he did. Fun games to watch so far.

Montreal Gazette

] While the timeout didn’t go over well in the Canadiens’ dressing room, captain Brian Gionta offered a voice of reason when he said he thought he understood what MacLean was trying to do.

“It looked like he told them to hold back and stay out of all the mess,” said Gionta.

MacLean said he was concerned with the escalation of what he called “stupid” incidents in the third period.

“16:58 elbowing, 19:42 cross-checking 8:31 instigator-face shield.” MacLean read from the list of penalties on the scoresheet. “I have 10 players left on my bench and I didn’t know what was going to happen next. I felt sorry for the referees but they wouldn’t let me bring my players back to the bench so I could tell them what to do so my only recourse was to call the timeout. It was already dumb enough as it was . (I did what I did) In order to protect my players from actions instigated by the Montreal Canadiens. I’m going to do that every time.”

Edited by Goon

I guess you Wild fans have thrown in the towel when the conversation turns to restaurants & other series.

Will be very tough to get the series back out of Chicago with a rookie goalie.

Top lines on each team are negating each other but the Hawks depth is what will win this series.

Toews will take over the series & take the Hawks to the Cup.

Go Hawks!!! Go Sioux!!!

I was at one in Winnepeg long ago had my 1st iced coffee there

I had my first iced coffee back at Fort Benning in Georgia in 1992. I asked the Sgt that was leading our training what he was drinking in the thermos coffee cup that sounded like it was full of ice. Sgt replied, "Ice coffee, we live in the south; we don't want to drink hot coffee when it's always hot. You should give it a try."

Ice Coffee is pretty good.

Edited by Goon

I had my first iced coffee back at Fort Benning in Georgia in 1992. I asked the Sgt that was leading our training what he was drinking in the thermos coffee cup that sounded like it was full of ice. Sgt replied, "Ice coffee, we live in the south; we don't want to drink hot coffee when it's always hot. You should give it a try."

Ice Coffee is pretty good.

Great stories from Fetch and Goon about their iced coffees, favorite cappucino brand, and what flavor reindeer drink they like at Caribou Coffee...but does anyone care to chat about some hockey?

Let's start with the Penguins being tested by those pesky Islanders. Who saw that coming after the game 1 drubbing in Pittsburgh?

Have fans in Vancouver burned that city to the ground yet? Has there been a more disappointing playoff team in the last 5-10 years than the Canucks?

Ottawa is taking it to Montreal...good.

St Louis and Los Angeles...this one is going 7.

After an off-season filled with some major losses and holes to fill, nobody gave Washington a chance...is this the year they finally break through?

Great stories from Fetch and Goon about their iced coffees, favorite cappucino brand, and what flavor reindeer drink they like at Caribou Coffee...but does anyone care to chat about some hockey?

Let's start with the Penguins being tested by those pesky Islanders. Who saw that coming after the game 1 drubbing in Pittsburgh?

Have fans in Vancouver burned that city to the ground yet? Has there been a more disappointing playoff team in the last 5-10 years than the Canucks?

Ottawa is taking it to Montreal...good.

St Louis and Los Angeles...this one is going 7.

After an off-season filled with some major losses and holes to fill, nobody gave Washington a chance...is this the year they finally break through?

Penguins/Islanders - I hope this one goes 7 and the Islanders win it in OT.

Vancouver/San Jose - Hey Vancouver, see ya on the golf course - a sweep couldn't have happened to a better team (except Montreal!).

Ottawa/Montreal - I hope Ottawa ends Montreal's season in Montreal on Thursday. And for good measure, it would be fun for Montreal to try and pull what they did in Game 3 and go 0-5 in a line brawl again.

St. Louis/LA - great series that I hope goes 7. Would be nice to see St. Louis pull this one out.

Washington/Rangers - is it possible for both teams to lose a series? If so, this would be a good one for that to happen.

Detroit/Anaheim - can we just be done with Detroit already? Barely made the playoffs and now they're giving Anaheim all they can handle. Detroit just has a way of doing that.

Chicago/Minnesota - ugh...unfortunately I think you can put this one in the books. Minn gave a valiant effort with Harding in net - Harding deserves a lot of credit. Next year Minn will be in the thick of it, not this year.

Boston/Toronto - Boston hit the skids late in the year, and I think fortunately for them, they got Toronto. I think that's a better draw for Boston over either the Islanders or Senators. If they get by Toronto in Round 1, they'll have a tough go of it in Round 2 no matter who they play.

Penguins/Islanders - I hope this one goes 7 and the Islanders win it in OT.

Vancouver/San Jose - Hey Vancouver, see ya on the golf course - a sweep couldn't have happened to a better team (except Montreal!).

Ottawa/Montreal - I hope Ottawa ends Montreal's season in Montreal on Thursday. And for good measure, it would be fun for Montreal to try and pull what they did in Game 3 and go 0-5 in a line brawl again.

Detroit/Anaheim - can we just be done with Detroit already? Barely made the playoffs and now they're giving Anaheim all they can handle. Detroit just has a way of doing that.

Chicago/Minnesota - ugh...unfortunately I think you can put this one in the books. Minn gave a valiant effort with Harding in net - Harding deserves a lot of credit. Next year Minn will be in the thick of it, not this year.

I would love to see the Islanders beat the Penguins. I'm not an Islanders fan (or a hater), but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Islanders jerseys. Paging Mike Bossy...

Ottawa/Montreal...just when Canada gets as many teams in the playoffs as they've had in ages, one of them is guaranteed to go home after the first round. And thanks to Vancouver's early post-season exit, there will be at least TWO Canadian teams done after round one. That's too bad.

Detroit/Anaheim? Can we just be done with Anaheim already? You can't say "NHL playoffs" with the words "Red Wings," can you?

I think Minnesota might pull the plug on Yeo simply because of the fan expectations here. Tom Powers actually ran a "Shades of 1991" article on the WIld...BEFORE the start of the Blackhawk series.

I would love to see the Islanders beat the Penguins. I'm not an Islanders fan (or a hater), but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Islanders jerseys. Paging Mike Bossy...

Ottawa/Montreal...just when Canada gets as many teams in the playoffs as they've had in ages, one of them is guaranteed to go home after the first round. And thanks to Vancouver's early post-season exit, there will be at least TWO Canadian teams done after round one. That's too bad.

Detroit/Anaheim? Can we just be done with Anaheim already? You can't say "NHL playoffs" with the words "Red Wings," can you?

I think Minnesota might pull the plug on Yeo simply because of the fan expectations here. Tom Powers actually ran a "Shades of 1991" article on the WIld...BEFORE the start of the Blackhawk series.

Yes, I can say "NHL Playoffs" without the words Red Wings - and I'm hoping to pretty quick here! :whistling:

I don't see Minnesota firing Yeo. You really do?

Yes, I can say "NHL Playoffs" without the words Red Wings - and I'm hoping to pretty quick here! :whistling:

I don't see Minnesota firing Yeo. You really do?

It's best 2 out of 3...we'll see.

I have said before that I don't see them firing Yeo...but the problem here might be the media and the fans. I told people on July 4th that the Wild would not win the Stanley Cup but friends greeted the signings of Suter and Parise with the attitude of "Stanley Cup or heads will roll". I'll be curious to see what happens. I don't expect his firing...but wouldn't be suprised if it happened.

Crosby should get some sort of anti-MVP award, the team played better without him :)

I still can't believe he gets a pass on the 2009 Stanley Cup game 7 win over Detroit. You know, the one where he was too injured to play in the last half of the 3rd period but could skate around like a demon when it came time for the Stanley Cup presentation...