SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan Offseason Forum Page

Blackheart

They need old ornery judges running things. Then it'd be bye bye Braun, A-Rod, Cruz, Giambi.....the list goes on and on.

Lifetime bans need to start happening in sports. Starting with A-fraud.

I think it needs to start with players refusing to play with teammates who juice. Too often, these bums are welcome back with open arms once their suspension is up.

I think it needs to start with players refusing to play with teammates who juice. Too often, these bums are welcome back with open arms once their suspension is up.

My guess is because it is a lot more rampant than people want to think. And its been going on forever. Players were using amphetimines and other substances back in the 60's.

My guess is because it is a lot more rampant than people want to think. And its been going on forever. Players were using amphetimines and other substances back in the 60's.

They also ate at McDonalds, smoked like chimneys, and drank like fish too. I'd hardly say doing a line of cocaine made anyone a better baseball player, unlike the substances Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa were using.

Like I stated earlier, if players refused to play with dopers and teams didn't sign dopers, doping would end. Melky Cabrera gets 86'd by the Giants last year but the Blue Jays had no problem immediately dishing out $8 million a season for two years worth of his services. Why?

They also ate at McDonalds, smoked like chimneys, and drank like fish too. I'd hardly say doing a line of cocaine made anyone a better baseball player, unlike the substances Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa were using.

Like I stated earlier, if players refused to play with dopers and teams didn't sign dopers, doping would end. Melky Cabrera gets 86'd by the Giants last year but the Blue Jays had no problem immediately dishing out $8 million a season for two years worth of his services. Why?

Why? Win at all costs, that's why. Teams win, fans buy tickets. To end this problem, fans need to stop going to baseball games. That would get the attention of owners. Fans have to say enough is enough!

Why? Win at all costs, that's why. Teams win, fans buy tickets. To end this problem, fans need to stop going to baseball games. That would get the attention of owners. Fans have to say enough is enough!

But how many fans actually care? Not pretend to care becuase it seems right or express fake outrage when it is a player on a rival team, but actually care? Most are more concerned about being entertained and would prefer to let it lurk in the shadows. Like all of the sudden it was a huge surprise to find out McGwire and Sosa weren't 100% clean? Most people choose to turn a blind eye because the home run chase was high quality entertainment. You are dead on with the winning part. Owner's need to field a winner to make money. GM's and coaches will take chances because if they don't win, they lose their jobs. No one is going to give them much more than a pat on the back with their pink slip if they lose a ton of games and while trying to claim the moral high-ground on having clean players. None of them will admit to knowing anything shady their players are doing if they are caught (or not caught) but they aren't blind either.

But how many fans actually care? Not pretend to care becuase it seems right or express fake outrage when it is a player on a rival team, but actually care? Most are more concerned about being entertained and would prefer to let it lurk in the shadows. Like all of the sudden it was a huge surprise to find out McGwire and Sosa weren't 100% clean? Most people choose to turn a blind eye because the home run chase was high quality entertainment. You are dead on with the winning part. Owner's need to field a winner to make money. GM's and coaches will take chances because if they don't win, they lose their jobs. No one is going to give them much more than a pat on the back with their pink slip if they lose a ton of games and while trying to claim the moral high-ground on having clean players. None of them will admit to knowing anything shady their players are doing if they are caught (or not caught) but they aren't blind either.

Nobody cares. Barry Bonds is still loved in San Francisco despite what everyone knows. And MLB and the players union pretend to be putting the hammer down now on cheaters...had the Biogenesis information been given to MLB officials instead of the Miami press, MLB would still be sitting on the information. Hell, even Mark McGuire is back in the game.

Post 6,000. Yay me.

• Upvote 1

Not sure where this shoud go...but what a great recent story by WDAZ on Kauk. I remember Gretzky and Kauk would come to our pool table in the Union at lunch everyday and visit and even shoot a game with us from time to time. He's put on a few pounds since those days but still see him at UND FB and hockey when we go.

• Upvote 1

Not sure where this shoud go...but what a great recent story by WDAZ on Kauk. I remember Gretzky and Kauk would come to our pool table in the Union at lunch everyday and visit and even shoot a game with us from time to time. He's put on a few pounds since those days but still see him at UND FB and hockey when we go.

I was a little surprised it didn't have a thread yet... maybe I'll go start one.

Edit, dropped a new thread in "community":

Meet Grand Forks "Super Fan" Mark Kauk

Seriously? Let the players juice and then build 300 foot fenced parks? Are you kidding me? Roger Maris must be rolling over in his grave.

If Maris got to hit at the current Yankee stadium think of the home runs he'd have hit with the short porch in right.

• 5 weeks later...

Back to the music talk for a minute. I watched all your videos posted.........great memories.

But nobody even mentioned this band!

One of my favorites.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2QsZOTIs_Hc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D2QsZOTIs_Hc

Crunching guitars? Check. Ear-piercing lead vocalist? Check. Hot girl in bikini on first album cover? Check. Slaughter...what's not to like?

Hey Mr Mafia Man How are you doing? The weather down here in southern Mn is supposed to be over 100 today. Schools getting out early (1:00 PM). In a little over a month I will have Ice again in the Arena.

It's way too early for the kids to be in school.

Hey Mr Mafia Man How are you doing? The weather down here in southern Mn is supposed to be over 100 today. Schools getting out early (1:00 PM). In a little over a month I will have Ice again in the Arena.

It's way too early for the kids to be in school.

Schools started down here on August19. They get out in mid May and make my recreation job a challenge.

Still a million bucks short of being a millionaire, Ice Arena Man! I hope you are well...coming to MSP again soon? Sparky is pushing for me to meet him at the Hogg sometime soon...

Still a million bucks short of being a millionaire, Ice Arena Man! I hope you are well...coming to MSP again soon? Sparky is pushing for me to meet him at the Hogg sometime soon...

May be heading there this weekend. May stay at the same motel that I stayed at when I went to the Final 5 .Got to take advantage of getting away as soon I will be starting to put in the ice sooner than I would like to admit.! Other wise I will be at a confernce at the Earl Brown center towards the end of September. Staying at Embassy Suites for the conference.

If you decide to put another order of hats in I would be interested. I snoozed when the last order was due.