SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan Offseason Forum Page

Blackheart

Also in Honeymoon Suite's favor are two things:

#1) The band name - Honeymoon Suite. Dang...that's good.

#2) My years of study in all things '80's has led me to theorize something that I like to call "The Trixter Effect." It's a rather complicated formula, but in short, pick a 1980's hair band. If you feel the band would invite Trixter along as an opening act, then they cannot label themselves as a true 1980's hair band. For example, let's take an obvious case: Guns 'N Roses. Can you imagine Axl Rose calling up the band that came up with THIS song and asking them to come on tour with Slash and the rest of the gang?

Of course you can't! Therefore, Guns 'N Roses is a true 1980's hair band. Now, on the other end of the spectrum, is this:

Are you picturing Nelson and Trixter together in concert in about 1991? Seven days a week and twice on Sunday, right? Therefore, Nelson is not a 1980's hair band - just a wanna-be.

Let's look at one more example of "The Trixter Effect" just to make sure you've got it: The band is Britny Fox.

OK, at first glance, I'll admit, it doesn't look good. First of all, the band name: Britny Fox. Hmnnnn...sounds like the girl band Vixen's cousin. Touring with Trixter looks like a done-deal. But, wait. There's a red challenge flag on the field. Let's roll the tape to the 1:38 minute mark of the video. Hmnnnn....our schoolgirls are getting a bit rowdy.

1:53...2:07...2:18...2:41...2:48...OK, I've seen enough evidence that I don't need to go on. It's clear that the boys of Britny Fox (and probably the schoolgirls) would be giving the Trixter guys swirlies in the bathroom every day at recess and stealing their Snack Packs at lunchtime - clearly an '80's hair band.

Care to try one on your own and put the theory to the test?

Styx kicks ass, we should go to that one eh? When is it?

July 17th. The down-side is Target Center, but I'll take what I can get.

I've seen Styx five times since 2006...and have yet to be disappointed in their show.

MN State Fair (2 times), Target Center, St Paul's Midway Stadium, and Treasure Island.

I forgot to post this last week:

Bloomington Kennedy HS boys defeated Jefferson last week 2-1...their first victory over their cross-town rival in FOURTEEN YEARS!

The king is dead! The king is dead!

How the world changes. Kennedy had a couple of players in the mid 80's that were good. Can you remember who they were? I keep thinking one was a goalie.

How the world changes. Kennedy had a couple of players in the mid 80's that were good. Can you remember who they were? I keep thinking one was a goalie.

I don't know if it changes...I think Kennedy's varsity team is still a two-line ONLY team because they can only get about 14 kids to go out for hockey. Jefferson's program has been in a steady decline for about 10 years now.

I don't know if it changes...I think Kennedy's varsity team is still a two-line ONLY team because they can only get about 14 kids to go out for hockey. Jefferson's program has been in a steady decline for about 10 years now.

Their decline coincided with their coach going over to Holy Angels, right?

Their decline coincided with their coach going over to Holy Angels, right?

Greg Trebil left the Bantam A program at Jefferson and took the head coaching job at Holy Angels Academy in 1996. He and Tom Saterdalen (then Jefferson's head varsity coach) had a HUGE falling-out over four of Trebil's Bantam A players then heading over to AHA for the start of their run of glory on the high school team.

Trebil's last season of '11-'12 was a train wreck. The Stars that season lost to Breck by an 8-2 score, Burnsville by a 15-3 mark, and Benilde-St Margaret's (the new "it" school in Minnesota) by a 15-2 tally. They also lost to New Prague for the first time in I believe 20 years. Ouch.

Foreigner and Styx coming to the Target Center in July. Yea baby!

They're coming to Bangor in July as well, and I definitely plan to attend. Also includes Don Felder (from the Eagles, for you youngin's out there :p )

Juke Box Hero is one of my favorite songs. And, if I remember correctly, "Waiting for a girl like you" was written in like 16 minutes.