SiouxSports.com Forum

Goon

Why does there have to be an "excuse"? We just got beat. Sometimes we may have been the better team. Sometimes we weren't? Either way, the other team scored more goals.

Why did we not win in '98? We had the great Dean Blais, who knew how to get players to play big in big games. We had the exact same team we had in '97 when UND won the whole thing, except now the team had another year of experience, including championship game experience? And how about '99? Still the same team, but this year they were upperclassmen.

You get those answers for me, then I'll give you your "excuse" as to why Hakstol hasn't won in his trips to the Frozen Four. I also guarantee you a very fine career as a consultant for college hockey coaches.

Because you can't win every year.....because it is tough....like all you guys have been stating since this silly thread began. We won in '97 and '01, that's pretty good to me and our win% was pretty good when we got there during that time frame.

What I was trying to say is that it is odd we didn't come away with at least one natty when we were on the door step almost every year (during hak's earlier years).

Why did Michigan not win in '97? They had the great Red Berenson, who knew how to get players to play big in big games. Michigan had the exact same team they had in '96 when they won the whole thing, except now the team had another year of experience, including championship game experience?

Michigan's perspective on the Sioux '97 team...

It would be interesting to see how many college hockey coaches have been fored in the past 9 years solely based on team performance. Also would be interesting to see how many coaches with a winning record were let go as well. This is the nature of this sport at this level. Unless you are awful as a coach or comit some other university infraction, College hockey coaches don't usually get fired and hired too often. Sotty. Just the way it is.

What do Miami, BU, BC, Duluth, Denver, Wisconsin Yale, and Michigan have in common that we don't? They played in the national title game in recent times. I don't care about SJHovey posts and Goon backing it up - I realize we played Denver in '05 and that was the last time Denver won, but they won back-to-back, I will give that program some credit and leeway there.

I don't care. I would rather have my team, UND that I cheer for, play in a national title game sooner than later. Conference season and post season championships are nice and Hak's overall record with the team the last 9 year is great too, but I want the team to compete and play in the national title game. At the end of the day, no one remembers their overall season record or what conference championship the team won. Fans will remember great times and experiences at the Final Five in recent years when the team won etc...., and who knows, they might win the NCHC regular season conference title this year. I don't care. Get to the title game for once and compete and if they win, great

Bottom line, you compete for a National Title. Hak and his players the last 9 years would take a national title any day over Hak's overall winning record, regular and post conference tournament victories and championships/continued success.

Please quit over analyzing things. Keep it simple. Win and/or compete in the national title game. Obviously we want UND to win that game. It's simple. You play for a National Title. That's what truly matters. Period.

• Upvote 2

Yeah potulny was just trying to exercise the demons from the Ralph;)

I think this is what you are looking for...number 3 seems to be a pretty good fit for the former Gofer...:)

Definition of exorcise (vt)

Bing Dictionary

ex·or·cise

free person or place from evil: to use prayers and religious rituals with the intention of ridding a person or place of the supposed presence or influence of evil spirits

send evil away: to use prayers and religious rituals with the intention of driving away an evil spirit believed to be possessing a person or place

get rid of oppressive feeling: to clear the mind of a painful or oppressive feeling or memory

" Hak and his players the last 9 years would take a national title any day over Hak's overall winning record, regular and post conference tournament victories and championships/continued success."

I tend to agree with this as it pertains to Hakstol. I'm not so sure as it pertains to players as only a small # of his players over the past 9 years would have actually experienced the title.

It would be really interesting to actually know what Hakstol's take would be on this hypothetical situation.

" Hak and his players the last 9 years would take a national title any day over Hak's overall winning record, regular and post conference tournament victories and championships/continued success."

I tend to agree with this as it pertains to Hakstol. I'm not so sure as it pertains to players as only a small # of his players over the past 9 years would have actually experienced the title.

It would be really interesting to actually know what Hakstol's take would be on this hypothetical situation.

He wouldn't waste his time thinking about or answering it.

• Upvote 1

What do Miami, BU, BC, Duluth, Denver, Wisconsin Yale, and Michigan have in common that we don't? They played in the national title game in recent times. I don't care about SJHovey posts and Goon backing it up - I realize we played Denver in '05 and that was the last time Denver won, but they won back-to-back, I will give that program some credit and leeway there.

I don't care. I would rather have my team, UND that I cheer for, play in a national title game sooner than later. Conference season and post season championships are nice and Hak's overall record with the team the last 9 year is great too, but I want the team to compete and play in the national title game. At the end of the day, no one remembers their overall season record or what conference championship the team won. Fans will remember great times and experiences at the Final Five in recent years when the team won etc...., and who knows, they might win the NCHC regular season conference title this year. I don't care. Get to the title game for once and compete and if they win, great

Bottom line, you compete for a National Title. Hak and his players the last 9 years would take a national title any day over Hak's overall winning record, regular and post conference tournament victories and championships/continued success.

Please quit over analyzing things. Keep it simple. Win and/or compete in the national title game. Obviously we want UND to win that game. It's simple. You play for a National Title. That's what truly matters. Period.

I'm just glad you could straighten that out for the rest of us!

Just so you know I'm proud to brag about my favorite team having more national titles than that great team BC!

I love the fact that they own more WCHA titles than anyone!

They had a three year straight run of winning the Broadmoor trophy.

Those items may not be important to you, but I bet they are to many people that follow my favorite team besides me!

• Upvote 1

Mr. Moderator can we please close this thread, I'm begging, please, please. It is no loger relevant as it is all the same arguments being made over 114 pages. Hak hasn't won a tite, other teams have. UND is entitiled to titles, no one else is. Hak is doing fine, it is just the times we are in. There 114 pages summed in a couple of sentences.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Mr. Moderator can we please close this thread, I'm begging, please, please. It is no loger relevant as it is all the same arguments being made over 114 pages. Hak hasn't won a tite, other teams have. UND is entitiled to titles, no one else is. Hak is doing fine, it is just the times we are in. There 114 pages summed in a couple of sentences.

Nah, keep it open. It'll just save time if and when UND's season comes to and end this year short of a national championship.