SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs Yale - NCAA 2nd Round

AZSIOUX

Doesn't?? Please explain why. If you are top line guy and your team is down 1 going into the 3rd in a must win scenario and you don't get a sniff of ice time in that final period...what's the rationale? Not saying he needs to be benched but this line combo isn't, hasn't and IMO won't work going forward.

Maybe they're referring to the extreme case - suit & tie???

To be fair, OD just got on that top line at the very end of the year

You're right :)

Then just 1 goal that he accidentally threw off the back of the goalies skates from the corner. Ha

Go sioux punish Yale!

Mac truck destroys a couple of bulldogs!!

This will be a tough game today. While Yale does not have the goaltending of Niagara, as a team they sell out on defense. There was a clear difference between Minnesota and Yale yesterday. Yale players sacrificed everything to block the Gopher shots and a number of their players payed a painful price. MN threw over 80 shots at goal but only 28 made it on net. While quite a few comments are being made about Hakstol's third period line changes in the Niagara game, everyone seems to be overlooking that he also shortened the bench in the third period. I don't know that he could do that strategy for the whole game without people getting too tired. He basically loaded up two lines in the third and then periodically spotted a third line. Knight and Kristo were on the ice a lot with the power plays and short-handed situations. I think O'Donnell being on the top line allowed him the luxury of four better balanced lines and a more rested team for the third period.

I think the Sioux will have better luck against the Yale goaltender today, but that is if they can get to him. Overall I think the Sioux have a decent chance of making it to Pittsburgh. Go Sioux, thank you Yale.

We met a number of very nice Gopher fans yesterday and no jerks. They must have stayed home. Most of the Gopher fans were cheering for UND.