SiouxSports.com Forum

Yale vs. Minnesota

iluvdebbies

Can someone explain the game winner to those of us stuck at work? I actually wanted to see UM pull it out for WCHA and possible match up tomorrow. Sioux better come out and play 60 full minutes.

Gophers won the faceoff back to Marshall, He misses it and skates back into the zone to get it. Gets to the corner and makes a soft boards pass to his d partner. Yale guy swoops in and grabbed the puck, skated around the net and passed it out front for a one timer goal. Wilcox had no chance.

Minnesota win the draw, but the puck shoots back into their zone. A Yale forechecker wins the puck on the end boards behind the MInnesota net. F1 goes around the net, Wilcox hugs the post, the defender goes to F1, and the F3 trailer drives on the weakside. F1 makes a beauty of a pass and F3 burries it into a wide open net

Gophers won the faceoff back to Marshall, He misses it and skates back into the zone to get it. Gets to the corner and makes a soft boards pass to his d partner. Yale guy swoops in and grabbed the puck, skated around the net and passed it out front for a one timer goal. Wilcox had no chance.

Thanks.

Shameful no way Yale beats goofs if they play with purpose for 3 perio. LAZY OVER CONFIDENT goofs

I think your off. Gophers weren't lazy, they just aren't that great. First line has struggled 5 vs. 5 for quite a while. PP didn't click and that was the difference.

Wilcox overplayed the disaster of a Marshall turnover. He needs to get a piece of the centering pass if he is going to over commit that far.

I think your off. Gophers weren't lazy, they just aren't that great. First line has struggled 5 vs. 5 for quite a while. PP didn't click and that was the difference.

Wilcox overplayed the disaster of a Marshall turnover. He needs to get a piece of the centering pass if he is going to over commit that far.

Thanks for hanging out and being classy sagard.

Which is just odd cause when the Gophers were on their game...holy crap look out they were world beaters. All I can say is, Gopher fans have to be disappointed in Bjugstad's season. He is such a good player but never fully showed what he could do game in and game out. Seemed like in some games, he'd mail it in.

As a Gopher & Minnesota fan, all I can say is "at least I'm used to heartbreaking, kick in the groin losses."

I do disagree, Sagard, though about Wilcox overplaying. He had no shot on that one.

One & Done lesson learned, I have a hard time seeing North Dakota losing in this region now. Although I won't shed a tear if you lose, good luck anyway!