SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. MICHIGAN TECH - Friday Game 1

AZSIOUX

RT @Buccigross:" Send your best to Minnesota State's @djohnstone21 Broken clavicle, bruised lungs, bruised ribs, & separation of sternum after hit last nite"

Wow..hope he make a quick recovery! But he is pretty lucky to have been hit in the head this hard and have all these injuries......but not have any head or neck injuries....he is very lucky!

EDIT: I think we all know he meant Michigan Tech.

hmmmm no head injury. well isnt that interesting. stupid refs

Last nights game is one to forget. The Sioux were outplayed, and won, but the pendulum swings in both directions as there were a few games this year that the Sioux have played very well, but lost. I'm sure we will see a much better effort tonight.

Stephen Anderson of the MIning Gazette wrote a fairly neutral article, and summed up the game succinctly, quoting Tech's head coach "We have to keep our cool, but our guys fought hard".

http://www.mininggazette.com/page/content.detail/id/529227/Heated-Huskies-down-1-0.html?nav=5009

And speaking of keeping their cool, does anyone know if Petran is playing tonight? After slashing Knight 3X, and then throwing a couple of jabs at Kristo AND on top of that, evidently going after one of the linesman. Personally, I'd be surprised if the WCHA doesn't suspend him for 1 game, but then again, not much surprises me anymore with the WCHA.

Heard on USCHO Johnstone's injuries: Broken clavicle,bruised lung,bruised ribs,seperation of sternum :ohmy: Mac Truck.

Hate to see that happen to anyone and I pray the kid has a quick recovery. But hockey is a game with some risk of injury. And a guy can get injured with there being no penalty. A penalty can't just be created out of thin air because there is an injury...

• Upvote 3

Look back at the Mankato games also - we are giving up a ton of shots consistantly - We are spending way too much of the game in our zone

Mankato game we gave up more high quality shots and made me a little more nervous, last night even when they spent time in our zone I thought we did a pretty good job keeping them outside and not giving up a whole lot of quality shots, but I do get what you are trying to say.

I like the UP patches on the left shoulder of the MTU sweaters.

I like that too. Nice recruiting pitch...a message to Northern Michigan and Lake Superior Sate.

Has anyone noticed St Cloud State doing the same thing since Motzko took over? Their shoulder patch was changed to one of the outline of the state if Minnesota. It used to be the same logo as the main crest - the Montreal Canadiens wanna-be's.

I like that too. Nice recruiting pitch...a message to Northern Michigan and Lake Superior Sate.

Has anyone noticed St Cloud State doing the same thing since Motzko took over? Their shoulder patch was changed to one of the outline of the state if Minnesota. It used to be the same logo as the main crest - the Montreal Canadiens wanna-be's.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I did notice that on the SCSU sweaters...nice touch.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I did notice that on the SCSU sweaters...nice touch.

I do love the new Tech jerseys. If Michigan Tech can out-recruit LSSU and Northern Michigan (given the location of the schools, they are likely recruiting the same players), the Huskies could be very formidable in the new WCHA.

looking by your name it looks like you are a vikings fan. so in all your years of being a viking fan you have never stated a critical thing about the team or made an observation that was less than wearing purple colored glasses. even in the 1998 NFC championship game where they blew their opportunity to go to the super bowl or agianst new orleans when favre blew it? if you don't like what I have to say don't read them, but I have every right to come on here and give my opinion whether it it positive or not.

OMG, go away!!