SiouxSports.com Forum

So what is the Big Announcement?

GeauxSioux

1. IPF ground breaking

2. hit the 300 million marj

3. Faison is resiging

Faison isn't going anywhere. The tweet said huge weekend for UND Athletics, and the $300 million goal was for the entire school, so that isn't it. Official announcement of the IPF is a good possibility.

Could it be the long range planning for the monorail between the Alerus and the Ralph? :p

I see your "monorail" and raise you (or would that be "slide you") a retractable roof. :p:lol:

And of course the monorail would go from Alerus to The Ralph and to "The Roof". ;)

Big Announcement: UND Alum to donate 100 million dollar football stadium to match the REA. Stadium will be places on campus where the old Ralph sits.

Am I setting my expectations too high on this one?

I'd love it if you were right; but, unfortunately, if forced to bet I'd bet the under.

I'd love it if you were right; but, unfortunately, if forced to bet I'd bet the under.

Can you imagine how much more fun it would be to have football right there on campus for the students, right next to the dorms and the fraternities, with that huge parking lot for tailgating. It would really improve student turnout, as well as give even more of a good college atmosphere to the game. I guess we can dream...

Can you imagine how much more fun it would be to have football right there on campus for the students, right next to the dorms and the fraternities, with that huge parking lot for tailgating. It would really improve student turnout, as well as give even more of a good college atmosphere to the game. I guess we can dream...

It would be incredible, but as of right now, it really is just a dream.

What exactly is this 300 million going to go towards? A few specific projects? Research? Facilities? Does anyone know?

Direct from the website - bolded text is my assumptions.

Goals by Funding Priority

Students: (assuming this means scholarships) $100 million

Educators: (assuming this means growing/keeping high quality educators) $100 million

Programs: (assuming this means investing in educational programs) $50 million

Places: (assuming this means infrastructure) $50 million

While I certainly hope that it is a big deal, given the nature and source of the tweet, I have a hard time believing it's anything too big. Isn't Nodak Nation basically the old "Sioux Crew"? How much insider info would a student organization have that the administration wouldn't want to keep to themselves for a press conference and ultimate announcement. They wouldn't be able to keep it quiet if the students know would they?

I'm guessing it's something pretty generic, but they did say "UND Athletics".

Hoping for the biggest and best, but tempering my expectations on it.

While I certainly hope that it is a big deal, given the nature and source of the tweet, I have a hard time believing it's anything too big. Isn't Nodak Nation basically the old "Sioux Crew"? How much insider info would a student organization have that the administration wouldn't want to keep to themselves for a press conference and ultimate announcement. They wouldn't be able to keep it quiet if the students know would they?

I'm guessing it's something pretty generic, but they did say "UND Athletics".

Hoping for the biggest and best, but tempering my expectations on it.

Hopefully one of these announcements finally live up to the hype, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

• Upvote 1

Hey everyone, appreciate your excitement, but NoDak Nation is really a student fan group (the old Sioux Crew), with social media accounts run by students. They're hyped up for this weekend (of course - after all, single-game Men's Hockey student tickets sold out earlier than any other series this year), and are especially excited because of some things they have planned for Friday/Saturday for students. They're just trying to communicate their excitement/hype/interest about this weekend via social media.

Sorry to be a debbie downer on all this talk, but just be aware of where the tweet originated. Going to be a fun weekend! GO UND!