SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Bemidji State

AZSIOUX

mitch mark gaarder

rodwell pattyn st.clair

On the 3rd line, it's tough to know who to put on the wings with Mark Mac. Mitch has been so so at best. OD has played below that. I'd like to see Chyzyk get a shot this weekend on that line. He has size, skates well and has shown IMO better offensive skill than Mitch, OD or Connor. He was somewhat productive up thru the Notre Dame series. Mark, Bryn with OD, Mitch or Connor might click.

4th line was in beast mode with Jim, Rodwell and the General until last weekend. Hope those 3 are back together.

On the 3rd line, it's tough to know who to put on the wings with Mark Mac. Mitch has been so so at best. OD has played below that. I'd like to see Chyzyk get a shot this weekend on that line. He has size, skates well and has shown IMO better offensive skill than Mitch, OD or Connor. He was somewhat productive up thru the Notre Dame series. Mark, Bryn with OD, Mitch or Connor might click.

4th line was in beast mode with Jim, Rodwell and the General until last weekend. Hope those 3 are back together.

Mitch has been below average...couple pipes and a goal but he looks lost. As for Mark...he's such a good player, he needs to play with parks and Rowney....end of story. Let them gel before the tourney. We'll make quick work of the next four games anyway.

mitch mark gaarder

rodwell pattyn st.clair

Rodwell Mark St.Clair

Mitch Pattyn Gaarder

That is if you leave Mitch in(before last weekend I would have said no but he played smater in Denver) and if you don't want mark with parks and Rowney which Im not sure why you wouldn't?

Just go out there, battle, control what's yours to control, have good energy, every shift, battle and battle.

(OK, I just wrote Dave Hakstol's pre-game comments.)

To be honest with you, I don't see a problem with those. Short shifts and keep the forwards in front of you and hit everything that moves.

Play a full 60 minutes and good things will happen. I won't say 120 minutes because we need to take it one game at a time. In fact, just do the right things, make the smart plays, and compete at a high level every shift and things will take care of themselves.

• Upvote 1

I hope St. Clair is still on the 3rd or 4th line. He has consistently been a burst of energy and effort in just about every game he's played.

Agree. He brings it every game. If Hak goes back to Jim, Derek and Pattyn on 4th line, Colton has to have a spot on the 3rd line.

Just took a look at BSUs schedule. Tough season for them as a whole. My 2nd fav team and sure hope they can make a run at a WCHA title someday soon!

6 total wins this season. Wins @ UNO, vs Lake Superior, Uaa, Umd home and away.

BSU has played on 9 overtimes with 6 ties and 3 ot looses.

1-9-4 since new year. Been a rough ride for BSU

You left out the 5-1 thumping the Beavers put on Denver!

Yes, it has been a rough year on us.... Too many one goal losses/OT games that they lead in the third.

That almost sounds like shortening up the bench and just playing the top guys late in the game until they are too tired to finish.

Nah, BSU has rolled all four lines for most of the year. Actually the fourth line is fun to watch out there (Cain, Gerbrandt, Brewer) and has seen a lot of ice time. But as a whole, this BSU team just does not have the scorers, or if they do, no one has stepped into that role. And when they do score, the goalies take the night off.......