SiouxSports.com Forum

Exciting News Coming From the NCHC?

IrishSiouxFan

Anything other than a potential tv deal would be disappointing for me. The game quality on Fox College Sports is pretty terrible, but it is so much better than not being able to watch it at all. They really need to find a way to allow schools to setup their own broadcast deals, in conjuction with the conference's current broadcast option. Even a webcast option like BigSky has would be better than nothing.

Anything other than a potential tv deal would be disappointing for me. The game quality on Fox College Sports is pretty terrible, but it is so much better than not being able to watch it at all. They really need to find a way to allow schools to setup their own broadcast deals, in conjuction with the conference's current broadcast option. Even a webcast option like BigSky has would be better than nothing.

It is not FCSs fault. Midco is the one sending the crappy signal.

I thought there was already a tv deal in place with cbs sports?

My understanding is that the CBS deal is for the whole conference, so they will just select games from each week to broadcast. Outside of whatever game CBS is showing, contract language won't allow for other channels like Fox College Sports to pick up games. Meaning we may only see handfull of games throughout the entire season; as opposed to our current deal that broadcasts all home games. What the NCHC should have tried to do, w

as workout a deal with FCS to have NCHC games broadcast on all three of their channels. Or setup a deal to let schools have their games broadcast through other networks, as long as they do not conflict with the CBS sports broadcast schedule. I could be wrong with some of this, but this has been my understanding on how the new conference and tv broadcast works.

It is not FCSs fault. Midco is the one sending the crappy signal.

I undestand that, and I can't believe they havn't improved that for a top college program. Anyway, my point was more towards that fact that a crappy broadcast is WAY better that no broadcast. Hopefully they figure something out.

Can't believe this hasn't been posted on here yet.

Press release from the NCHC:

Minneapolis, MN (Tuesday, March 5, 2013) -- The National Collegiate Hockey Conference is aggressively taking several major steps as its inaugural season grows ever closer.

As the State of Hockey gets set to crown Minnesota's champions in boys' high school hockey, the NCHC and its member schools will be in Minneapolis on March 7 for a Hat Trick of announcements:

- Unveil the Conference logo, which will act as the NCHC's visual stamp for years to come.

- Reveal details about its first-ever NCHC post-season tournament, which will be played at Target Center in downtown Minneapolis.

- Introduce the launch of the new Conference website.

Meanwhile, in neighboring St. Paul, the NCHC will have a booth at the Let's Play Hockey Expo in downtown St. Paul, just steps away from where the Class AA and A boys' tournaments are unfolding. This presence will give thousands of hockey fans the opportunity to get to know the NCHC and understand why the NCHC will arguably be the strongest college hockey conference in America.

Minneapolis, MN (Tuesday, March 5, 2013) -- The National Collegiate Hockey Conference is aggressively taking several major steps as its inaugural season grows ever closer.

As the State of Hockey gets set to crown Minnesota's champions in boys' high school hockey, the NCHC and its member schools will be in Minneapolis on March 7 for a Hat Trick of announcements:

- Unveil the Conference logo, which will act as the NCHC's visual stamp for years to come.

- Reveal details about its first-ever NCHC post-season tournament, which will be played at Target Center in downtown Minneapolis.

Meanwhile, in neighboring St. Paul, the NCHC will have a booth at the Let's Play Hockey Expo in downtown St. Paul, just steps away from where the Class AA and A boys' tournaments are unfolding. This presence will give thousands of hockey fans the opportunity to get to know the NCHC and understand why the NCHC will arguably be the strongest college hockey conference in America.

Nice post, I hadn't seen that and I follow them on Twitter and like them on Facebook! Must have missed it.

I'll be sure to stop by their booth at the hockey expo and ask them how I convert my center-ice lower-level tickets at the Final Five into priority seating at the NCHC conference tournament, like the Big Ten is offering.

I'll be sure to stop by their booth at the hockey expo and ask them how I convert my center-ice lower-level tickets at the Final Five into priority seating at the NCHC conference tournament, like the Big Ten is offering.

The WCHA should share their list with the NCHC. It is not like they will need it anymore.

Ha! Yeah, the WCHA is really going to be happy to help out the NCHC in the future. :silly: :)

I know they won't and I said so last week. Then at the same time why should the people that have had priority with the WCHA have priority in the NCHC? It is not like they have been buying tickets for years.

Doesn't the list belong to the X? They're the one ones sending out the priority ticket requests and collecting the money/

I'm pretty sure that the list would belong to the WCHA. The X just services it for them as a part of running the tournament.

I'm pretty sure that the list would belong to the WCHA. The X just services it for them as a part of running the tournament.

Even if the X did have control of the list.....what would the benefit be to help out the NCHC and the Target Center. The X will have a tourney going on at the same time.