SiouxSports.com Forum

Indoor Practice Facility Coming Soon!

Sioux10Fan

Apologies for contributing to the thread drift, but IMO GFC will be hard-pressed to win another state title of any kind until this issue is dealt with: http://forum.siouxsp...-boundary-line/

I believe the way the districts are set up is patently unfair and inequitable.

And everytime someone even suggests changing them, a bunch of parents whine and complain about it. :angry: And I believe most of them can be seen at the ND State Hockey Tournament every year wearing red sweater vests and khakis. :silly: Honestly people, Grand Forks is (and will continue) growing southward. At some point, you will have to change the boundaries or else one school will have lots of empty spaces and the other will be overcrowded. And no, adding onto Red River HS is NOT a solution.

And everytime someone even suggests changing them, a bunch of parents whine and complain about it. :angry: And I believe most of them can be seen at the ND State Hockey Tournament every year wearing red sweater vests and khakis. :silly: Honestly people, Grand Forks is (and will continue) growing southward. At some point, you will have to change the boundaries or else one school will have lots of empty spaces and the other will be overcrowded. And no, adding onto Red River HS is NOT a solution.

That is unless more south end kids get some sense like my friends and I did and go to central even though we grew up deep in Red River territory. Since that is unlikely districts need to be modified since the north end of town touches a river and can't grow while the south is exploding. We need those great cross town games that are competitive like they used to be with hockey and basketball especially.

That is unless more south end kids get some sense like my friends and I did and go to central even though we grew up deep in Red River territory. Since that is unlikely districts need to be modified since the north end of town touches a river and can't grow while the south is exploding. We need those great cross town games that are competitive like they used to be with hockey and basketball especially.

I'd be more concerned with the staff, infrastructure and facilities at GF Central to be able to handle a larger influx of kids. But, if it's about being more completitive in sports with GF Red River, then...what the heck!

I'd be more concerned with the staff, infrastructure and facilities at GF Central to be able to handle a larger influx of kids. But, if it's about being more completitive in sports with GF Red River, then...what the heck!

They did just add on a new gym and some classrooms that can be used for choir and music stuff so maybe they have more class rooms than before. I do know that when I was at central it was defiantly not over crowded and could easily handle a lot more students.

Sports wise Red River has the upper hand in coaching and I know some good players have gone to Red River instead of Central because of that.

They did just add on a new gym and some classrooms that can be used for choir and music stuff so maybe they have more class rooms than before. I do know that when I was at central it was defiantly not over crowded and could easily handle a lot more students.

Sports wise Red River has the upper hand in coaching and I know some good players have gone to Red River instead of Central because of that.

What class were you? I was class of 94. I graduated with a couple UND standouts...Jay Panzer and a RB named Phillip Moore.

So since the indoor facility was apart of the spirit campaign does that mean all of the money is there and ready to go?

Not necessarily. The campaign goal was $300 million. A lot of projects were eligible to be included under the Spirit Campaign banner. But that doesn't mean that the individual projects were completely funded.

I am so happy I had the chance to see the old hockey arena one final time over winter break. I will be attending UND in the fall and it will be strange not seeing it. I grew up on the base for eight years and remember attending many outdoor fooball games and hockey games at the old arena. I hope the outdoor stadium isn't going to be affected by the new building. I can't wait to go over the hill and see the field. That was the first thing I had to do when I took a trip to Grand Forks to see UND this winter.

• Upvote 4

I am so happy I had the chance to see the old hockey arena one final time over winter break. I will be attending UND in the fall and it will be strange not seeing it. I grew up on the base for eight years and remember attending many outdoor fooball games and hockey games at the old arena. I hope the outdoor stadium isn't going to be affected by the new building. I can't wait to go over the hill and see the field. That was the first thing I had to do when I took a trip to Grand Forks to see UND this winter.

a fellow base brat eh?

Yes. I was equally excited to get back to the base as I was to see une. I was so disapointed to see what has happoned. I could very well see the base closing in a few years and think UND should have the mascot of the Warriors of the north . It would help keep the history of the base alive. In the past years Base members have done so much for the town of Grand Forks.