SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber St. v. North Dakota

bincitysioux

Well, as excruciating as it was to watch the Sioux fall apart against Sacramento St., they dug in and came away with a gutsy win against Northern Arizona. After a dubious start, they played some excellent basketball the final 30 minutes against the Lumberjacks, salvaged a road split, and have won 4 of their last 6 games.

Weber St. is coming in reeling a bit, in the midst of a 4 game road trek, and having lost two straight. I think Weber is a far superior team, but if ever they were ripe for the picking, it is now. UND has played well at home of late. This can be a big statement game, and as we have all seen, it is very important to protect your home floor in this league.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, as excruciating as it was to watch the Sioux fall apart against Sacramento St., they dug in and came away with a gutsy win against Northern Arizona. After a dubious start, they played some excellent basketball the final 30 minutes against the Lumberjacks, salvaged a road split, and have won 4 of their last 6 games.

Weber St. is coming in reeling a bit, in the midst of a 4 game road trek, and having lost two straight. I think Weber is a far superior team, but if ever they were ripe for the picking, it is now. UND has played well at home of late. This can be a big statement game, and as we have all seen, it is very important to protect your home floor in this league.

Protecting the home floor is the name of the game in this conference. Last week there were 10 conference games and only North Dakota ( thats right, us) won a road game. Read it on the Big Sky website.

looking forward to this one. first ever weber at und game as big sky members. first ever game between the 2 schools was this yr in ogden.

weber vs your old conf...

GREAT WEST

Overall 7-2

South Dakota 0-0

Chicago State 0-0

Utah Valley 4-2

New Jersey Tech 0-0

Houston Baptist 0-0

North Dakota 1-0

Texas-Pan Am 2-0

we have never played NDSU.

looking forward to this one. first ever weber at und game as big sky members. first ever game between the 2 schools was this yr in ogden.

weber vs your old conf...

GREAT WEST

Overall 7-2

South Dakota 0-0

Chicago State 0-0

Utah Valley 4-2

New Jersey Tech 0-0

Houston Baptist 0-0

North Dakota 1-0

Texas-Pan Am 2-0

we have never played NDSU.

Most UND fans would probably just forget the whole Great West experience. Recruiting was difficult, there wasn't really anything to play for, and fan interest went way down.

Seems like a lot of other team fans assume that UND is well down the list historically with other current DI schools that used to be in our former DII conference. UND has a winning record vs every former NCC conference mate that is now DI except Creighton:

UND leads NDSU 159-129

UND leads SDSU 106-78

UND leads USD 99-88

UND leads Neb-Omaha 54-34

UND leads N Iowa 49-32

UND leads N Colo 40-19

UND behind Creighton 3-9

(those don't include this year's games)

Our nemesis up into the 80's used to be teams like Old Dominion, Chattanoga, S Illinois, and Louisiana Tech.

UND hasn't had many recent games vs Montana or Montana St, but the records are

vs Montana, 5-7

vs Mont St, 7-8

Just curious, how many NCAA appearances does Weber St have? Hasn't Weber missed a boat load of tournament bids by losing the conference tournament after winning the regular season? Also, any idea what Weber's records vs BYU, Utah, and Utah St? Know those games draw big crowds when in Ogden.

Wildcats look to rebound from back-to-back losses up north

Flying to Grand Forks, N.D., and then Greeley, Colo., makes this likely the toughest travel trip of the season for WSU, which will have played eight of its first 12 conference games on the road after Saturday.

“We can’t worry about all that stuff because everyone that goes over there (to Grand Forks) has to go through it,” ’Cats coach Randy Rahe said. “You just have to get there and get yourself ready to go.”

You can't convince me that the North Dakota-Northern Colorado road trip is more difficult than flying to Sacramento, then flying to Phoenix and having to bus 2-3 hours up to Flagstaff to get to NAU, and then back to Phoenix again..................

I plan on watching. I'd like to drive up from Fargo to go but weather conditions changed those plans. I'm hoping for a better game than we had with them earlier in the year.

Ditto here.

I will be watching the game. I got my Sioux hockey jersey on and am ready to cheer on UND to victory over the mighty Weber State!!! GO UND!

Wish I lived closer to GF, I'd be there. I had this game and Montana circled on the schedule since it came out as Thursday games that I wanted to attend, but kindergarten is kicking my son's butt so I think his teacher would frown upon me keeping up until midnight on a school night. I plan on making it to the rest of the Saturday games though.

I wonder if my wife wants to celebrate Valentines Day at the Sioux Center? Then I could make 4 of the last 5 home games. :bigsmile:

Just curious, how many NCAA appearances does Weber St have? Hasn't Weber missed a boat load of tournament bids by losing the conference tournament after winning the regular season? Also, any idea what Weber's records vs BYU, Utah, and Utah St? Know those games draw big crowds when in Ogden.

By my count, Weber has 8 NCAA tournament appearances with the last one coming in 2007.

They've one the regular season title 18 times.

We have 19 Big Sky titles, 14 NCAA touney appearances, (not including 3 NIT, 1 CBI, and 1 CIT) 6 NCAA tournament wins.

Games vs the Big 3 in the State not too impressive.

10-27 vs BYU (all 10 wins coming in Ogden)

14-26 vs Utah

26-39 vs Utah State

23-6 vs Southern Utah

4-2 vs Utah Valley

In the last few years, crowds of 9,272, 10,453, 9,359 and 8,695 have watched instate games.

We have 19 Big Sky titles, 14 NCAA touney appearances, (not including 3 NIT, 1 CBI, and 1 CIT) 6 NCAA tournament wins.

14-26 vs Utah

26-39 vs Utah State

23-6 vs Southern Utah

4-2 vs Utah Valley

In the last few years, crowds of 9,272, 10,453, 9,359 and 8,695 have watched instate games.

Weber definately has the bar set as far as basketball pedigree goes for the Big Sky. I fully expect North Dakota to join the Wildcats and the Griz as the third conference power sometime in the next few years!

Question for you Wildcat, what is the overall concensus as to how most Weber fans feel about North Dakota and SUU joining the Big Sky?

14-26 vs Utah

26-39 vs Utah State

23-6 vs Southern Utah

4-2 vs Utah Valley

You can see WSU basketball history stats & info at http://www.weberhoops.com/history.htm

Weber definately has the bar set as far as basketball pedigree goes for the Big Sky. I fully expect North Dakota to join the Wildcats and the Griz as the third conference power sometime in the next few years!

Question for you Wildcat, what is the overall concensus as to how most Weber fans feel about North Dakota and SUU joining the Big Sky?

I'm not Wildcat but personally don't like it much, (just because the Big Sky is too big and growing) I keep waiting for one of these days someone moves a fat roll and we find Seatle U has been in the conference for a year that no one remembered. I would have rather of kept the WAC and built two Western based FCS conferences with scheduling alliances. But that hasn't been popular on the WSU forum.

http://www.bigskyfans.com/wildcats/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3733&p=31134&hilit=split#p31134

"WSU and UM band together and cherry pick the best football/basketball schools from the oversized big sky and put together a new FCS conference and leave the rest in the Big Sky.

Idaho (with a long term conference commitment), UM, MSU, WSU, EWU, Poly and/or Davis for the Cali footprint, Seattle U, (and maybe pick up UND, NMSU, and/or Denver). Leaves the Big Sky with ISU, SUU, UNC, PSU, Sac St, NAU, and any others left off from the new conference."

Anyone going to the game tonight travel safely. My guess is WSU wins a close one 76-69.

I think this is a very good opportunity for a big time statement win tonight. We need a similar performance to what we did against PSU. I think Huff will have another monster game, and I think Anderson snaps out of his little funk. What I will be looking for is major contributions from everyone else. Can Lenny come off the bench and hit a few 3's. Can Schuler step up and give us 10-12 points. Can Webb play at a high level tonight? Can Wilmer give us some much needed post play? Can Benton give us some quality minutes? With a team like Weber, you need a team effort to pull it off.

We cannot afford any long droughts or we will be done for. Shooting 30% like last time will not get it done.

I will be at this game, cannot wait for the festivities tonight. Lets see if we can't get a raise out of the student section for once (wishful thinking on my part)

What I get from most Weber fans, is that they are more excited about SUU than UND because of the whole instate rivalry thing, and the real only beef about UND being in the conf is travel and distance, both of which doesnt bother me.

I may be one of the few, but I think all 4 additions to the Big Sky are good. 4 good football programs, and 2 good hoops programs, it's not the new additions to the Big Sky hoops that are bringing it down, it's some of the older ones that have been here for a long time (ISU, NAU, EWU).

I like it, the additions have made the Big Sky a stronger and more stable conference.