SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber St. v. North Dakota

bincitysioux

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weber showed their depth at teh bigs when one talented big guy got in foul trouble they brought in another talented big and when he needed a rest they brought in another talented big....

hopefully that elbow brekke took didn't/doesn't set him back..

the broken practice basketball hoop is another example of the athletic department/REA not giving two craps about anything other than hockey....what a joke to see that thing hanging there in the way for such a big game??!!

I agree - UND hung around but ultimately Weber State's depth and front court play was the difference. It was good to see Brekke get some minutes but it will take a couple of games at the least to get him back to where he was before the injury. In order for UND to reach the team level of the "Montanas" and "Weber States", they need to improve front court depth and overall play. Wilmer just doesn't cut it and tonight was Brekke's first conference game; just another reason not having Alonzo Traylor and Jaron Nash eligible hurts this team tremendously. At least their presence is something to look forward to next year.

As far as that broken basketball hoop goes, I didn't notice it but it doesn't surprise. At this time of year (hockey season) UND puts all other sports on mute. It really is upsetting and an embarrassment if you're not a typical "only UND hockey" fan. I guess that's why I have my doubts regarding the current direction of both the basketball and football teams, despite trying to convince myself otherwise.

When they went 3 for 3 on three pointers in their first few possessions of the 2nd half that obviously really hurt us. It got us out of our zone in a hurry. Schuler being matched up with Otis down low when we were in man was not a good. That is about 6'6" vs. 6'2". He had position anytime he wanted.

Problem is who else do you put down low. Schuler is definately undersized for that position but he is the only one on this team that knows how to box out and he even did it last night but Otis kept going over his back. If you put Allard there he would have just fouled the guy and we lose Schuler's scoring and court presence. I would think we would have back side help but that rarely came from the post. It's a tough situation for Schuler but he needs to be on the court.

Wilmer just doesn't cut it and tonight was Brekke's first conference game; just another reason not having Alonzo Traylor and Jaron Nash eligible hurts this team tremendously. At least their presence is something to look forward to next year.

Hopefully Traylor can get his grades up. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not at UND next year.

Hopefully Traylor can get his grades up. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not at UND next year.

Thinking the same thing about Traylor. I sure hope he works hard so that he can keep his scholarship and play on this team next year, but more importantly get his education. He showed during the non-conference season that he could be a valuable asset on the floor for this team.

I agree - UND hung around but ultimately Weber State's depth and front court play was the difference. It was good to see Brekke get some minutes but it will take a couple of games at the least to get him back to where he was before the injury. In order for UND to reach the team level of the "Montanas" and "Weber States", they need to improve front court depth and overall play. Wilmer just doesn't cut it and tonight was Brekke's first conference game; just another reason not having Alonzo Traylor and Jaron Nash eligible hurts this team tremendously. At least their presence is something to look forward to next year.

As far as that broken basketball hoop goes, I didn't notice it but it doesn't surprise. At this time of year (hockey season) UND puts all other sports on mute. It really is upsetting and an embarrassment if you're not a typical "only UND hockey" fan. I guess that's why I have my doubts regarding the current direction of both the basketball and football teams, despite trying to convince myself otherwise.

Does anyone know any details about when the hoop broke? Could it have happened late yesterday afternoon during the team shoot around? If it happened yesterday, it would be tough to completely remove the hoop before game time. If it happened before that, then it's inexcusable.

Our lack of depth down low did us in last night. Great seeing Brekke back last night, hopefully he can get into game shape quick. Weber also hit key shots to kill any momentum UND was getting on more than one occasion.

I didn't see this broken hoop that you guys are talking about?

They definitely need to put in a four-sided video board above center court.

Does anyone know any details about when the hoop broke? Could it have happened late yesterday afternoon during the team shoot around? If it happened yesterday, it would be tough to completely remove the hoop before game time. If it happened before that, then it's inexcusable.

Ran into a UND Athletics person at the hockey game tonight and posed that question, was told that a motor was burnt out and caused the basketball to be stuck Thursday morning during their shootaround. He wasn't very happy that this occured yesterday.