SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

As long as they keep the skating penguin logo I'm happy no matter what shade of yellow or gold they use. I was not happy about the logo change that went down after the back-to-back Stanley Cups in 1991-92. The pigeon penguin just didn't do it for me.

I agree...don't know why on earth they would change the primary logo after winning back to back titles.

I also liked the yellow jerseys as worn in Mario's early years...those were awesome.

Wow, two personal attacks against me in the same paragraph. That is not only uncalled for, but also a violation of forum rules if I'm not mistaken. You may not have ever said anything about the Cooke hit on McQuaid, and for the record I never said you did. Goon, on the other hand, had a major hissy fit over it last spring. I think you owe me an apology for the unprovoked personal attacks. I never called you any names, but you called me a "F'n idiot" and a "douche". I think perhaps your manners could use a bit of improvement.

Thanks, but no thanks. :)

I was glad to hear that Pavel Bure's number was retired on Saturday by the Canucks.

A nice gesture in theory...an epic fail in execution. The banner with Bure's #10 jersey on it is in the current Canucks colors of white, blue, and green. Pavel wore the flying skate with black, yellow, red, and white. Terrible, Vancouver, terrible.

• Upvote 2

A nice gesture in theory...an epic fail in execution. The banner with Bure's #10 jersey on it is in the current Canucks colors of white, blue, and green. Pavel wore the flying skate with black, yellow, red, and white. Terrible, Vancouver, terrible.

I agree too, they did the same with Stan Smyl and Trevor Linden. Bure also wore the red, white, blue, and dark blue with the killer whale "C" logo.

The Philadelphia Flyers - still one of the biggest jokes in the NHL.

And out of this, it sounds like Lecavalier sustained a facial injury that will keep him out for a bit, and Steve Downie suffered a broken orbital bone.

Ray Emery should be suspended for 5+ games.

I guess when your team sucks and you're getting spanked 7-0 that's how you save face in Philly. Some things never change.

I agree too, they did the same with Stan Smyl and Trevor Linden. Bure also wore the red, white, blue, and dark blue with the killer whale "C" logo.

I'm pretty sure Bure was gone by the time the orca jersey monstrosity was unveiled, wasn't he?

EDIT: I am wrong. Jersey came out in 1997 and Bure wore it during that season. Nonetheless...HIDEOUS!

Stamkos breaks his leg...against the Bruins.

I saw that yesterday - and it was gross. It looked like his right leg just snapped. Can't wait to hear how a specific someone here *cough cough* is going to try and convince us all that it was a dirty play. I mean, it had to be, right? It was the big bad Bruins that were involved.

I saw that yesterday - and it was gross. It looked like his right leg just snapped. Can't wait to hear how a specific someone here *cough cough* is going to try and convince us all that it was a dirty play. I mean, it had to be, right? It was the big bad Bruins that were involved.

I feel bad for Stamkos.

The Philadelphia Flyers - still one of the biggest jokes in the NHL.

And out of this, it sounds like Lecavalier sustained a facial injury that will keep him out for a bit, and Steve Downie suffered a broken orbital bone.

Ray Emery should be suspended for 5+ games.

I was surprised that he got nothing and that the Department of Player Safety defended not suspended him.

I didn't see the hit but unless it was the direct result of a fist to the face I'm not going to say it was dirty. :p

I'm sure if the Penguins were involved (or Matt Cooke) you would put your usual predictable spin on it. :lol:

Didn't we just go over this very recently? Maybe I need to refresh your memory - I never said a word about Cooke's hit on McQuaid. Also, I'm not even sure I've ever said anything bad about the Penguins on here. Matt Cooke in general - yes. Ulf Samuelson - for sure. And I'll most definitely give you !@#$ when the Bruins sweep the Penguins in the Stanley Cup playoffs. But what have I ever "spun" about the Penguins in general? I don't put spin on anything, I calls em like I sees em.

I like seeing this. The Blues are actually my pick to meet the Penguins in the Stanley Cup Finals next spring. I figure they've been making progress the past couple of seasons, getting better each year, and this is the year I think they're due to take that next step. It would be fun to watch them play the Blackhawks in a series that goes the full 7 games.

Sorry, Dave the Penguins will not be in the Finals in the spring. Here's to wishful thinking, though.

Admittedly there are no guarantees, but objectively speaking you would have to concede that they are certainly one of a small handful of teams that have better odds than most. It's not like you can completely rule them out the way you might rule out the Panthers or the Bluejackets,

They're at 11 wins and 7 loses in the worst division in the league. Dont get too excited.

While I admit there is no love lost between myself and the two individuals you named, it doesn't even come close to the animosity between the Penguins and Bruins organizations.

I know you'd like to think the animosity between these teams makes it the NHL's biggest rivalry, but it's far from it. For the last several seasons, Pittsburgh's bigger rivals have easily been Philadelphia and Washington.

They're at 11 wins and 7 loses in the worst division in the league. Dont get too excited.

Yeah....but they have the best player in the world, hands down, no questions asked. I'm a Blackhawks fans, but there is no other team I would rather watch than the Pens. Super good team. If they win the Cup this year would not be overly shocked. Hawks v. Pens in the Cup would be awesome.

• Upvote 1