SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Muss must have almost all the rope left within the coaching profession. ;) Wow...that was quick!

I think Philly was winless in the pre-season...and now winless to start the real season. However, It's not the coach's fault that the organization can't find a goalie worth a damn. I think everyone but Felix Potvin and Kelly Hrudey have been given a chance in net in the last 7-10 years in Philly.

Looking forward to watching Cullen and the Preds vs. the Wild tomorrow night. After watching the Wild live Saturday night, they could greatly use his playmaking ability. Wish it would have worked out for him to stay in MN.

Being that you are a Bruins fan, I will take your opinion with a grain of salt. If a goalie from any other team did the same exact thing to a Bruins player you would be crying about it like a little girl.

Not likely...thats because the Bruins are like Chuck Norris...they don't sleep, they wait...:)

The Pens outplayed them in 3 of those 4 games but hit the post about 38 times (okay, I'm exaggerating slightly but they did hit the post a ridiculously insane number of times in that series). Nevertheless, yeah the Bruins were playing extremely well in the postseason last year. However, winning does nothing to erase their deserved reputation of being a dirty team.

:lol:

• Upvote 1

The Pens outplayed them in 3 of those 4 games but hit the post about 38 times (okay, I'm exaggerating slightly but they did hit the post a ridiculously insane number of times in that series). Nevertheless, yeah the Bruins were playing extremely well in the postseason last year. However, winning does nothing to erase their deserved reputation of being a dirty team.

The Pens outplayed them in 0 of the games, that's why it was a sweep! ;).

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but it is possible to outplay an opponent and still lose due to either a hot goaltender or some incredibly back luck. In this particular case it was a combination of both of those factors.

Are we still talking Penguins/Bruins here or are we now discussing Red Wings/Blackhawks?

It was a sweep because the Pens outscored them in 0 of the games. But certainly anybody with an open mind would concede that they did in fact outplay the Bruins in 3 of those 4 losses. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but it is possible to outplay an opponent and still lose due to either a hot goaltender or some incredibly back luck. In this particular case it was a combination of both of those factors. Rask was great between the pipes, but perhaps the pipes themselves were even better at keeping the Pens from lighting up the scoreboard.

I am aware of the possibility of outplaying an opponent and losing (see Sioux vs. Michigan) but that didn't apply to this series. The better team got the breaks and won this series, plain and simple. Its not like it was a one-and-done format...so you're telling me Boston got all the breaks for 4 straight games against Pittsburgh? The Pens were out-skated, out-hustled, out-muscled, and out-scored for 4 games...maybe you should have an open mind about what happened.
  • Upvote 2

Boston did not get all the breaks for all four games. They got all the breaks in Games 1, 3, and 4. Those three games were all very similar to the Sioux game vs. Michigan that you referenced as the better team did not win. The Penguins were outplayed in Game 2.

If the Pens hadn't sucked at outscoring their opponents, they'd have the Stanley Cup. As would every other team not named the Blackhawks.

I heard during the Jets/Wild game that this is a rivalry game....for who? The Jets have never been in the same division as the Wild/North Stars, maybe its only by distance but isn't Chicago more of a rival game for the Wild than Winnipeg? Us Jets fans hate the Canucks more than Minnesota (of course everyone hates Detriot ;)).

The Wild won't have any true rivals in their new division until they start actually beating them and/or being a threat to them in the playoffs. Right now they only have "RIGOs" Rivals In Geography Only.

Actually, Winnipeg and Minnesota have had a few spirited games and are developing a rivalry rather quickly...

Actually, Winnipeg and Minnesota have had a few spirited games and are developing a rivalry rather quickly...

Perhaps, but everything else (old Norris Rivals) seems so forced by the media out here. I do think that with the new divisional setup it won't take long for things to heat up once it gets down to the stretch run of the regular season and the first couple rounds of the playoffs.

Perhaps, but everything else (old Norris Rivals) seems so forced by the media out here. I do think that with the new divisional setup it won't take long for things to heat up once it gets down to the stretch run of the regular season and the first couple rounds of the playoffs.

I think its hard to have a long standing rivalry when teams switch cities and/or divisions as much as hockey. There is still Montreal/Boston, Detroit/Toronto. But Winnipeg/Vancouver got lost in the Jets moving to Phoenix and even Atlanta moving back to Winnipeg they aren't in the same division. But hopefully as time goes on new rivals (Minnesota-Winnipeg) can get a rivalry going.

However, this is all deflecting from my original point that the Bruins are the dirtiest team in the league. Your comeback to that was to reference the fact that they swept the Penguins in last year's conference finals, which is completely beside the point. The fact that they won the series (regardless of how they won it) does not mean they can't still be a dirty team. It is possible to play that style and still win. If you have been watching hockey for as many years as I have you would know that to be true.

When you say the Bruins are dirty do you mean dirty like Matt Cooke or dirty like Ulf Samuellson?:)

We can agree to disagree on the rest...

Since you think it is so funny...

FYI : Every other team not named the Blackhawks includes Boston. Just thought that maybe you should be made aware of that fact. ;)

I'm aware...as much as I wanted Boston to win, the Blackhawks simply were the better team in the finals. I can live with that.