SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

When I say they're dirty I mean they're dirty like Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic, Zdeno Chara, and Brad Marchand. Funny how Boston fans take such great pride in that style of play (going so far as to call them the "Big Bad" Bruins), yet when the shoe is on the other foot and somebody like Ulf Samuelsson or Matt Cooke serves them a dose of their own medicine they whine and cry more than any other fanbase. Such a double standard with Boston fans, they think the Bruins should be allowed to bully the whole league but nobody is allowed to return the favor. It's been that way since the '70s. Generations of players have come and gone, and yet they continue to put that style of team on the ice year after year. Such a dishonorable franchise and fanbase. I have no respect for them whatsoever.

jeez, how do you really feel??

When I say they're dirty I mean they're dirty like Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic, Zdeno Chara, and Brad Marchand. Funny how Boston fans take such great pride in that style of play (going so far as to call them the "Big Bad" Bruins), yet when the shoe is on the other foot and somebody like Ulf Samuelsson or Matt Cooke serves them a dose of their own medicine they whine and cry more than any other fanbase. Such a double standard with Boston fans, they think the Bruins should be allowed to bully the whole league but nobody is allowed to return the favor. It's been that way since the '70s. Generations of players have come and gone, and yet they continue to put that style of team on the ice year after year. Such a dishonorable franchise and fanbase. I have no respect for them whatsoever.

crying_baby2.jpg

• Upvote 2

Perhaps, but everything else (old Norris Rivals) seems so forced by the media out here. I do think that with the new divisional setup it won't take long for things to heat up once it gets down to the stretch run of the regular season and the first couple rounds of the playoffs.

I agree. The media would always crank up the Al Secord stories everytime Chicago came to town...but they also tried to sell the dirtiness of the 'rivalry' with Vancouver too.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave, you're so out of touch it's not even funny.

I think arguing with him is a lost cause, this is the same guys that applauds the Rats and then chastises the goons that have more honor than the rats. I do agree, John Scott is a worthless P.O.S., what a waste of a roster space.

Drinking again? Milan Lucic is leading his team in points; Chara is one of the best defenseman in the league. Shawn Thornton is a player of honor and you don’t see him sitting out 5-10 game suspension like Patrick Kaleta and John Scott. You do realize that hockey is a physical game and the other teams in the league actually went out and got tougher because Boston was kicking their asses up and down the ice. Unfortunately, Buffalo goes beyond the hockey code.

The rats have more honor than the goons, and John Scott is one of the goons that you have such a fetish for. Your criticism of Scott is probaby the first time that I have 100% agreed with you on anything, but it completely contradicts everything else that you stand for.

Oh Boy! You just proved my point without exerting any energy. You probably have a picture of Matt Cooke and Ulfie hanging in your den?

What a laugable post! You just exposed yourself for being exactly what I think you are.

So, let me guess, I am right? Right? This is too easy.... I bet you have a new Matt Cooke Wild jersey as well. Am I close?

Edited by Goon

So, let me guess, I am right? Right? This is too easy.... I bet you have a new Matt Cooke Wild jersey as well. Am I close?

Yup, you nailed it. :) NBCSports channel had a 30 minute special on NHL rivals tonight and it featured the Bruins and the Pens...it mostly focused on the 70s and 80s when the Bruins just crushed Pittsburgh, and then the 90s with Lemieux and Jagr, and finally a lot of focus on last years playoffs. It was good stuff no matter who you root for...unless of course it's Matt Crooke...:)

Yup, you nailed it. :) NBCSports channel had a 30 minute special on NHL rivals tonight and it featured the Bruins and the Pens...it mostly focused on the 70s and 80s when the Bruins just crushed Pittsburgh, and then the 90s with Lemieux and Jagr, and finally a lot of focus on last years playoffs. It was good stuff no matter who you root for...unless of course it's Matt Crooke... :)

I hate the Pens and one of my buddies just loves the Pens and he things the Bruins are one of the dirties teams in the NHL. I should have him hang out with DaveK.

Your buddy is almost right. The Bruins are not "one of" the dirtiest teams in the league, they are THE dirtiest team in the league. Shawn Thornton gave us a great example of that tonight when he hit Tanner Glass from behind head first into the boards.

I didn't get to watch the game last night and I haven't seen it, so tough to comment on it. However, I've read recaps of the game and also watched highlights and not one thing was mentioned about the hit in the articles and not one of the highlight videos showed the hit. DaveK - you wouldn't be over dramatizing this hit, would you? I find that tough to believe that you'd do something like that. :lol:

Did Bruins fans over dramatize when McQuaid turned his back on Cooke at the last second to draw the penalty during the playoff series last spring? That would be a resounding hell yes! And, yes, I am over dramatizing this one to make that very point. It goes both ways. There was in fact a boarding call on Thornton but you won't hear me still crying about it in 20+ years. I only mentioned it to illustrate the point that sometimes the shoe is on the other foot.

Dave - this goes to show how big of a F'n idiot you are. I have never said one thing about the Cooke hit on McQuaid, and I did a real quick search through these threads and the ONLY one who has continually brought up that hit his you, from what I've seen. You're a douche.

• Upvote 2

Your buddy is almost right. The Bruins are not "one of" the dirtiest teams in the league, they are THE dirtiest team in the league. Shawn Thornton gave us a great example of that tonight when he hit Tanner Glass from behind head first into the boards.

Since Thornton wears black and gold, that was a good hit. :) Context of the game. :)

Remember, the Bruins had a hissy fit when the Penguins announced their intent to change colors back in 1980 and actually tried to claim to have exclusive use of those colors?

I hate the Vegas gold that Pittsburgh uses now...yellow was so much better and I wish they would go back to that color.