SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Yup, although he struggled withon James Neal's bomb. Now that Neal is back I expect malkin's production to improve. Their PP is absolutely filthy.

I still haven't gotten over the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals game 7 loss...forgive my bitterness. However, I'm still amazed at Sidney Crosby's "great leadership" in that game...as he sat out the last 1/2 of the third period because of his leg or thigh injury but somehow was miraculously able to leap over the bench onto the ice when the final horn sounded and skate around holding the Stanley Cup without too much trouble...

I still haven't gotten over the 2009 Stanley Cup Finals game 7 loss...forgive my bitterness. However, I'm still amazed at Sidney Crosby's "great leadership" in that game...as he sat out the last 1/2 of the third period because of his leg or thigh injury but somehow was miraculously able to leap over the bench onto the ice when the final horn sounded and skate around holding the Stanley Cup without too much trouble...

I wouldn't put too much into it. Jumping over the boards and playing effectively are two separate things. I don't think I would question his leadership or toughness. He takes a ton of crap. But some teams have been able to get to him in the playoffs (Flyers, Bruins). However, he still is the best player in the world. He has a gold medal, Cup, etc. Not only does he do it in the regular season but he does it well in all sorts of meaningful games/formats. He's obviously legit and will go down as one of the best players to do it.

• Upvote 1

I was bitter about the loss in the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals, but 2009 cured that for me. If you didn't have 2008 to fall back on I would understand your bitterness about 2009, but try to put it in proper perspective. They met in the finals back-to-back years and each team got to be on the winning side once. That seems fair to me. Don't be greedy.

As for Sid, I will tell you the same thing that I tell everybody else who whines about him...

You would LOVE him if he played for your favorite team, end of story.

Detroit had a 3-2 lead in the series and game 7 at Joe Louis Arena. Sorry, no excuse for not getting it done that year.

It could have been worse. See also: Vancouver Canucks, game 7, Boston Bruins, debacle at home, epic fail.

I was bitter about the loss in the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals, but 2009 cured that for me. If you didn't have 2008 to fall back on I would understand your bitterness about 2009, but try to put it in proper perspective. They met in the finals back-to-back years and each team got to be on the winning side once. That seems fair to me. Don't be greedy.

As for Sid, I will tell you the same thing that I tell everybody else who whines about him...

You would LOVE him if he played for your favorite team, end of story.

If he were a real man like Claude Giroux then maybe...but...he is Sid...and he can be described using many words that may result in a reprimand via Sic or other mods.

Claude the fraud is a punk. Talented player, yes, but not the class act that Sid is. Giroux behaves like a jackass on the ice. I'm sure you'll disagree, and the beauty of it all is the fact that you are entitled to your own opinion. Doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Go to about 2:20...Yeah, Sid is a class act. Just cause a guy can't grow facial hair doesn't make him a class act. Giroux>Sid. Flyers all the way.

That clip proves my point, not yours. Giroux was totally the instigator. You suggest skipping ahead to about 2:20 so we don't see what happens in the first 10 seconds. Seeing this again has only renewed my intense hatred for the Flyers. They're almost as bad as the Bruins when it comes to dirty play, cheap shots, and goon tactics.

What Sid did at the 2:20 mark was awesome! It's called getting into the opponent's head. It was as if to say "okay, you're going to be a complete and total prick to me... fine, I'll tap your glove out of the way and hopefully it will piss you off". Seriously, I really can't stand Giroux. I would so love to see somebody wipe that arrogant smirk off his face one of these days. Granted, that wasn't Giroux's glove, but he was one of the guys who got the whole $hitstorm going and the rest of the Flyers were willing participants.

So trying to disrupt a guy with the puck is dirty and cheap but a guy who knocks a guys glove out of the way is being awesome? Lemme guess, you thought Ben Blood starting stuff in the line with America's Team(The Gophs) was awesome too...

So trying to disrupt a guy with the puck is dirty and cheap but a guy who knocks a guys glove out of the way is being awesome? Lemme guess, you thought Ben Blood starting stuff in the line with America's Team(The Gophs) was awesome too...

Hey, if you watched as much as hockey as Dave, you wouldn't even bother to argue...:)

That clip proves my point, not yours. Giroux was totally the instigator. You suggest skipping ahead to about 2:20 so we don't see what happens in the first 10 seconds. Seeing this again has only renewed my intense hatred for the Flyers. They're almost as bad as the Bruins when it comes to dirty play, cheap shots, and goon tactics.

What Sid did at the 2:20 mark was awesome! It's called getting into the opponent's head. It was as if to say "okay, you're going to be a complete and total prick to me... fine, I'll tap your glove out of the way and hopefully it will piss you off". Seriously, I really can't stand Giroux. I would so love to see somebody wipe that arrogant smirk off his face one of these days. Granted, that wasn't Giroux's glove, but he was one of the guys who got the whole $hitstorm going and the rest of the Flyers were willing participants.

LOL...this bush-league mite move by Sid the Kid came at the end of an 8-4 playoff butt-whoopin' that the Flyers served up on the Saints Penguins. Had that been Zdeno Chara coyly pushing away Sidney's glove, DaveK would be crying for a 2:00 delay of game penalty.

Dave - what is your opinion of Crosby throwing uppercuts after the official engaged the two to break the scrum up?

LOL...this bush-league mite move by Sid the Kid came at the end of an 8-4 playoff butt-whoopin' that the Flyers served up on the Saints Penguins. Had that been Zdeno Chara coyly pushing away Sidney's glove, DaveK would be crying for a 2:00 delay of game penalty.

^^^This!

Honest answer to that question...

I vividly remember thinking to myself "Knock it off, Sid, you're better than that" as I watched that trainwreck unfold. I did not think that it was acceptable that he stooped to their level on that one particular out of character occasion. But then again I don't recall ever saying that he is perfect and 100% without flaw. As humans, we all make mistakes from time to time. The thing is certain players from certain teams have a tendency to intentionally make "mistakes" habitually.

Actually, "stooping to the level" of Giroux would be answering the bell and dropping the gloves before the officials get involved...like most other self-respecting hockey players would do.

Stooping to the level of Sid the KID (emphasis on the word kid) involves doing exactly what he did - throw punches under the veil of safety that is an intervening official.

Apparently Cindy Broke Claude wrist during the 2012 playoffs.

] During the offseason, Giroux claimed you broke his wrists while taking faceoffs. Do you recall any plays where that might have happened?

”No. I really like to win the faceoff. I don’t try to go after his wrists but if I caught it, I’m not sorry for it. I think it’s hilarious I hear that stuff from Philly. It’s comedy to me to be honest with you. They’re probably involved in that stuff more than any team in the league and they’re the ones always talking about it. I guess I’m not apologetic. I was trying to win a faceoff and if I caught his wrist, then I caught his wrist. He seemed to play okay so I couldn’t have hurt him that bad.”