SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Two slew-foots and an elbow to the head...I even marked the time for you...did anyone else see what Saint Sid did in the three clips I posted?

Bad stuff, worse than facing the guy and dropping the gloves, but Dave has a weird standard no one will ever understand, so I don't try. He likes the gophers style of cheap shots and hiding behind referees, which is all we need to know.

I'm not saying I didn't see them, it's just that those three "infractions" were incredibly tame.

TAME? Skating up behind a guy and bumping the back of his skate so he falls unsuspectingly on his back and possibly smacking the back of his head on the ice is TAME?

I've always thought your back-and-forth fodder with Goon and Ray77 had points on both sides...I now see why they both wonder what the hell you see out there on the ice sometimes!

Note the 8-10 second mark of the video and the 34-38 second mark of the replay in front of Pittsburgh's goalie...

Broomball's version of a slew-foot is using your broomball stick to do exactly the same thing that a skate would. I sustained a concussion in 1999 thanks to a slew-foot during a broomball game. Thank God I was wearing a hockey helmet. It occurred right after I scored a goal...raised my stick and the defenseman I had just beaten shoved the back of my left foot. I went straight up into the air and landed on my back, the back of my head slamming into the ice. Despite being completely stunned, I had to be dragged by teammates away from going after the guy. I'm guessing you have labled ME as the instigator in that incident, a classless clown, right?

Broomball's version of a slew-foot is using your broomball stick to do exactly the same thing that a skate would. I sustained a concussion in 1999 thanks to a slew-foot during a broomball game. Thank God I was wearing a hockey helmet. It occurred right after I scored a goal...raised my stick and the defenseman I had just beaten shoved the back of my left foot. I went straight up into the air and landed on my back, the back of my head slamming into the ice. Despite being completely stunned, I had to be dragged by teammates away from going after the guy. I'm guessing you have labled ME as the instigator in that incident, a classless clown, right?

You have to remember DaveK applauds the Pukes and Rats in Hockey, these are the gutless P.O.S. that skate up and down the ice taking liberties with the opposition and then when the check comes due they hide behind the officials or drop to the ice and turtle.

DakeK admires these disgusting “Rats” like Ulf Samuelsson, Alex Burrows, Patrick Kalteta, Maxim Lapierre, Matt Cooke’s of hockey. These are the guys that if I lined up against them I knock them in the mouth because they’re a disgrace to hockey. Dave probably has a poster of all these d-bags hanging his garage.

Edited by Goon
  • Upvote 1

You have to remember DaveK applauds the Pukes and Rats in Hockey, these are the gutless P.O.S. that skate up and down the ice taking liberties with the opposition and then when the check comes due they hide behind the officials or drop to the ice and turtle.

DakeK admires these disgusting “Rats” like Ulf Samuelsson, Alex Burrows, Patrick Kalteta, Maxim Lapierre, Matt Cooke’s of hockey. These are the guys that if I lined up against them I knock them in the mouth because they’re a disgrace to hockey. Dave probably has a poster of all these d-bags hanging his garage.

And yet he is against fighting in hockey? Makes no sense...

So, to reiterate, Giroux is a punk, but 'Slew-Foot Sid' is a class act.

Not sure I agree with that assessment.

Have you guys played hockey....you could search every player and find something that would look dirty to you guys. They are both very good players that play with a ton of emotion. Slew foot sid and Claude the fraud is a stretch boys.

Have you guys played hockey....you could search every player and find something that would look dirty to you guys. They are both very good players that play with a ton of emotion. Slew foot sid and Claude the fraud is a stretch boys.

My 'Slew-foot Sid" comment was meant sarcastically after I read about the "punk," "fraud," and "jackass" label applied to Claude Giroux. I posted three videos to show DaveK that #87 has had his own moments of not-so-Lady-Byng-like play on the ice and they were promptly met with 'move along...nothing to see here' comments in return.

And, no, I have never played hockey, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

My 'Slew-foot Sid" comment was meant sarcastically after I read about the "punk," "fraud," and "jackass" label applied to Claude Giroux. I posted three videos to show DaveK that #87 has had his own moments of not-so-Lady-Byng-like play on the ice and they were promptly met with 'move along...nothing to see here' comments in return.

And, no, I have never played hockey, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Exactly...there is quite a double-standard in play here.

Right. You would then be the 'Goon' for lighting their asses up after they injured one of your guys....but as long as they play for his team, then it's somehow ok. :)

I've been following hockey since the late '70s. The term "slew foot" has not been in the vocabulary of the announcers who have called the thousands of games that I have watched, so you are going to have to come up with something that actually matters. LMAO @ "slew foot". It is a completely insignificant non-factor, end of story. I could give a rats a$$ about "slew foot".

Apparently you need to brush up on your NHL rulebook...

Here's a nice little video I found...on your favorite team's own website...

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=140508

In case the video explanation by your own Penguins folks was over your head...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26344

52.1 Slew-footing - Slew-footing is the act of a player or goalkeeper using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.

52.2 Match Penalty - Any player who is guilty of slew-footing shall be assessed a match penalty.

52.3 Fines and Suspensions - There are no specified fines or suspensions for slew-footing, however, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28).

THOUSANDS of games since the 1970's, Dave, and you've NEVER heard the term "slew-foot"? Gee...here's your beloved Penguins being victimized by such a penalty...at the hands of those despicable Bruins too...priceless! I can't wait to hear your take on this one...between the guys at the home station and the announcers at the rink, the term is used several times in this video alone AND IT'S AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FREAKIN' SCREEN FOR YOU TO SEE. Maybe the volume and picture on your 1985 Magnavox need to get checked out...

THOUSANDS of games since the 1970's, Dave, and you've NEVER heard the term "slew-foot"? Gee...here's your beloved Penguins being victimized by such a penalty...at the hands of those despicable Bruins too...priceless! I can't wait to hear your take on this one...between the guys at the home station and the announcers at the rink, the term is used several times in this video alone AND IT'S AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FREAKIN' SCREEN FOR YOU TO SEE. Maybe the volume and picture on your 1985 Magnavox need to get checked out...

I would think someone who watched as many games as Dave would be more familiar with this term...;)

As long as they play for my team it is somehow okay? Where were you when I called out Penguins like Deryk Engelland, Eric Gogard, and Georges Laraque for being a disgrace to the team? A goon is a goon no matter what team he plays for. Disagree with my principles if you must but don't accuse me of having a different standard for players on my favorite team because I don't.

Anyone who defends Matt Cooke as much as you definitely has a different standard.
  • Upvote 1