SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

While it is certainly fair to blame that on me as I am admittedly and proudly the living and breathing encyclopedia of hair bands, it was actually MafiaMan and Oxbow6 who first got the thread off topic. Go back to page 58 and scroll about halfway down the page, and you will see where it got off track. Now I will be the first to admit that I jumped feet first into it and contributed but in this particular example it would have happened with or without my involvement. While I love discussing music ('70s and '80s rock in particular) I actually agree with Ray77 that it is a different topic for a different thread. Would an admin. be willing to start a new thread in the appropriate forum and move the music related posts to it? I think it was becoming a good discussion and I would like to see it have a chance to continue but not in this thread.

There was quite a lengthy discussion of rock/metal bands and all things Warrant under the 'MafiaMan Offseaon Thread' which is located in the Mens Hockey Forum. Be prepared to debate Uncle Tom's Cabin as the greatest song of all time with Mafia as well as all things Cherry Pie. :)

I don't know if I would rank Uncle Tom's Cabin as the greatest song of all-time but I do agree that it is one of the greatest songs of all-time and Cherry Pie is in my top five albums, but more importantly I think that the late great Jani Lane (RIP) was the best songwriter of all-time. The sad part is that few people know anything beyond DRFSR and Cherry Pie. Dog Eat Dog and Ultraphobic were amazing works of art as well but flew way below the radar due to the timing of being released during the era when grunge enjoyed its 15 minutes of fame. Jani Lane's solo album "Back Down To One" and the unrealesed "Jabberwocky" are also magnificent pieces of musical perfection. But enough of that here, off to find the MafiaMan offseason thread. Thanks for the heads-up.

"see the factory where I worked, silouetted in the back..."

I think what makes those guys (collectively hair bands) awesome is that they never took themselves seriously...they were all about the good times...so it is hard for me to take them seriously when they didn't even take themselves seriously...

Take Ratt again...the first name of that band was "Buster Cherry"...seriously???

So, to recap:

Wild's Granlund a budding star

Bon Jovi > Ratt

Red Wings in trouble

Bulletboys-Winger-Cinderella at the Hyslop in the summer of '89 was the greatest concert ever

San Jose should advance to the second round

An 80's hair band thread-derailment without mention of Def Leppard and the Hysteria album is a farce

Ben Bishop was certainly needed by Tampa Bay this post-season

MafiaMan off-season thread indeed contains some killer videos and songs...just go back a few pages. I think it was a top 20.

This has been a terrific first round. Maybe best ever.

Six hours of hockey every night for two weeks, intense, rivalry-based hatred fueled by a desire for the greatest trophy in all of sports.

Yeah, its just the first round.

Still a lot of work to do in the NHL...western conference with 14 teams to the eastern conference's 16...Florida and Tamp Bay in an odd divisional set-up...Nashville in the WESTERN conference and a divisional foe of mountain-time zone Colorado...

It's still a better set-up than the past few years, but I miss the old 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, and 4-5 playoff format where teams are re-seeded every round.

I used to be a Hawks #1 guy but now I'm a Wild #1 & now Blues #2 Hawks #3 but. The Blues are a close #1 & all three #1 against all others

Its really very entertaining this year

The quality of the playoffs is fantastic !

& HD tv is a huge part of Hockey being so much better

The Hawks/Blues series has been great and very entertaining hockey. I think the Hawks will end the series in game 6 and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it takes OT again.

Missed the play but heard the announcers on NBCSN talking about a Stars player getting a 5 minute major and game misconduct for another spearing penalty. Seems like that series has really had a lot of issues with players spearing each other.