SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Figured Cooke would get more than the hit deserved and I believe he did just because of his history. The biggest thing that had to factor in had to be his history because the few spears to the groin and the Seabrook hit had much more intent than the Cooke hit.

Figured Cooke would get more than the hit deserved and I believe he did just because of his history. The biggest thing that had to factor in had to be his history because the few spears to the groin and the Seabrook hit had much more intent than the Cooke hit.

Haha. Had backes not had his head down that's a clean hit ten years ago. Also, yes this mostly has to do with history.

Haha. Had backes not had his head down that's a clean hit ten years ago. Also, yes this mostly has to do with history.

I also didn't think the Seabrook hit was as bad as some did but I'm a Hawks fan so that could explain it some. The only real bad thing with the Seabrook hit was he did seem to target the head some. I'm sure Backes has dished out a few of those kind of hits himself though too.

Wow Columbus ties it late to force OT after Fleury misses the puck trying to stop it behind the net.

3 goal lead squandered by the Penguins. Didn't someone mention earlier that in every game this series the losing team gave up at least a 2 goal lead?

Oh, didn't you know, NDSU football is more popular than NHL hockey playoffs!! (Or at least that is the way Bison fans will spin it) :)

It is the way kvly will spin it. The bison spring game is scheduled to be shown on kvly at 1:30 pm on Saturday. Wings/bruins was supposed to be on at 2pm. Why kvly can't put this meaningless spring game on another channel is beyond me.

Can't wait for the Blues/Hawks game tonight...been one of the best first round match-ups and series in a long long time.

Now I can't wait for game 5..............

Wow...this is playoff hockey.

Fleury has to start. Vokoun hasn't played a minute all year and Zatkoff has no postseason experience. Fleury made a horrible blunder on that tying goal tonight but other than that he has been solid the entire series. Their only chance to win is if he plays.

I agree...the Penguins don't have many options in goal.

In addition to the poor decision to go out and play the puck on the tying goal, the OT winner was a softie. Columbus had the right game plan for a rattled goalie in OT - throw everything at the net.

Me too.....Friday night, a burger or two and some beers. This Hawks Blues series has been awesome.

The speed and skill in this series is just sick. Kane was sensational last night...and Toews wasn't far behind. Oh...and Seabrook is back for game 5!

The speed and skill in this series is just sick. Kane was sensational last night...and Toews wasn't far behind. Oh...and Seabrook is back for game 5!

Hey, great, Seabrook is back while Backes is still likely out. Mission accomplished, Brent!

Hey, great, Seabrook is back while Backes is still likely out. Mission accomplished, Brent!

We agree on lots of things...like 1D is the best band ever, gfhockey is your bestie and Melrose has no peer...but not on this. Seabrook isn't Cooke or even Perry for that matter. He caught his head but IMO that was hardly a cheap shot.

It is the way kvly will spin it. The bison spring game is scheduled to be shown on kvly at 1:30 pm on Saturday. Wings/bruins was supposed to be on at 2pm. Why kvly can't put this meaningless spring game on another channel is beyond me.

You've got to be kidding me, the Bruins and Wings are on and they want to put NDSU's meaningless spring game on.

We agree on lots of things...like 1D is the best band ever, gfhockey is your bestie and Melrose has no peer...but not on this. Seabrook isn't Cooke or even Perry for that matter. He caught his head but IMO that was hardly a cheap shot.

Motley Crue is the best band ever

you're my SiouxSports.com bestie

Melrose is awesome and I'm not afraid to say that

Seabrook isn't Cooke or Perry, but that's a bad hit and most certainly will impact this series if Backes isn't able to return.

Seabrook isn't Cooke or Perry, but that's a bad hit and most certainly will impact this series if Backes isn't able to return.

Impact...yes but that was a line 'em up bang bang play. Seabrook was out to lay the wood but intent to injure I question.

Cooke should have received a bigger suspenion IMO. Perry took a questionable boarding penalty again last night. Lucic is becoming a nightly thug. These 3 are in a class Seabrook isn't in.

And for the record KISS is the best band ever.

Impact...yes but that was a line 'em up bang bang play. Seabrook was out to lay the wood but intent to injury I question.

Cooke should have received a bigger suspenion IMO. Perry took a questionable boarding penalty again last night. Lucic is becoming a nightly thug. These 3 are in a class Seabrook isn't in.

And for the record KISS is the best band ever.

Seabrook lined him up from quite a ways away. While I don't think he intended to hurt Backes, he certainly deserves a suspension.

I almost put KISS down as the best and ever...boy they have some good music. And I didn't get into KISS until about 1985 and had to discover all their 1970's stuff after that. I'm back...back in a Detroit groove...