SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. St. Cloud State

AZSIOUX

To your 2 questions...Rocco and St Clair.

Kristo Knight Rocco

RPM

Mitch Colton Drake.

Kristo can play off wing...he did during the failed Rowney at wing experiment earlier this year.

IMO solidifying line spots for Rocco and Mark Mac is the key to get this team humming offensively.

Or the above post is an option too

I just don't see having 3 right-handed shots on the same line. But it would be nice to get Rocco on a regular line to see what his potential really is. I can see St. Clair instead of Pattyn.

Whoa whoa whoa, Goon, let's not let reason, common sense, and facts get in the way of spontaneous reactions to last night's tie. Obviously UND needs to fire Hakstol tomorrow morning, replace two of their three goalies, and re-join the WCHA because the team simply cannot compete with Miami, Denver, and CC.

Yeah and god forbid if some one dares to show some criticism or concern for how the team is playing! Oh, the humanity of it all! Goose step or die, eh?

:silly:

• Upvote 1

I just don't see having 3 right-handed shots on the same line. But it would be nice to get Rocco on a regular line to see what his potential really is. I can see St. Clair instead of Pattyn.

Regardless of 3 righties, all I know is what I've seen and those 3 have easily been of most dynamic offensive combo in the limited time they have played together. No team has had an answer for them when they have been on the ice together. Bottom line, until Hak is steadfast in a linemate for Kristo and Knight all other combos are in limbo. Rocco IMO needs to center or play wing on a line with Mark Mac if he isn't going to be on the top line.

• Upvote 1

Yeah and god forbid if some one dares to show some criticism or concern for how the team is playing! Oh, the humanity of it all! Goose step or die, eh?

:silly:

I'm just pointing out a few folks who fly off the handle while sitting behind a moniker on a message board who wouldn't have the balls to say such things should they walk by a player at Wilkerson or saw Hakstol at the library.

I'm just pointing out a few folks who fly off the handle while sitting behind a moniker on a message board who wouldn't have the balls to say such things should they walk by a player at Wilkerson or saw Hakstol at the library.

which library does hakstol hang out at? :) does booing the team at the ralph count?

C'mon, we're all sitting behind monikers saying what we think. I agree with you to an extent, but you are being too judgmental, just like the people you are disagreeing with.

Some people on here think they should be the coach, some people just love Sioux hockey and they don't get into the x's and o's. There are people everywhere in between, as well. There's nothing wrong with that.

Let's all try to put an end to the constant witch-hunts on here.

(I didn't mean to single you out, MafiaMan. I've been thinking this for a little while now, and I just wanted to get it out there. I'm talking to myself, too)

Some people on here think they should be the coach...

I coach youth traveling baseball at the 11 year old division...doesn't mean I feel qualified enough to be the skipper for the MLB Phillies.

I simply get tired of people saying player x 'sucks' and should ride the pine or reading dumb-a$$ comments like those about Herb Brooks being a 'one big win' coach.

You disagree? That's ok. I won't lose sleep over it.

nothing that happened on sat night changed my opnion of what I had sat morning. minnesota is still by far the better team, I do feel our chances of winning the cup are out the window, we are struggling right now and I do not want to see minnesota again this season. only thing positive is we didn't get swept but on the other hand we didn't get a split either. you have the number one team down by two goals with less than 10 minutes to play and can't win doesn't say a whole lot for a team that is supposed to have the potential to do "special" things this season. a 4-4 tie doesn't mean you hang with the best, alll it says is you can't beat them. I see a 7-5 finish the rest of the regular season and that assumes we sweep the beavers.

It will be interesting to see if St. Clair plays this weekend. If I recall correctly, Jayson mentioned something about St. Clair being dinged up during Friday's live chat...but he certainly looked good (via radio) on Saturday.

St. Clair got hurt during the live chat? Weird...:)

Still carrying a grudge against Phil Housley, I see. Time to get over it. It would appear Rocco has.

haha. nice try. You just brought up that you are a coach and complained about criticism of coaches.

In my original post in this thread today, I wanted to tell everybody to respect people's opinions and don't take it personally. You obviously missed that part of my message.

you are being a blowhard and nobody is going to want to post anything on this site for fear of you freaking out and pulling out the "HEY, I'M A COACH!" Card.

haha. nice try. You just brought up that you are a coach and complained about criticism of coaches.

I just wanted to tell everybody to respect people's opinions and don't take it personally. You obviously missed that message.

you are being a blowhard and nobody is going to want to post anything on this site for fear of you freaking out and pulling out the "HEY, I'M A COACH!" Card.

I coach 7-8 year old girl's soccer and I know as much about soccer as I do hockey...not very much at all, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express a couple years back so I guess I'll keep throwing my 2 cents out there! ;)

I coach 7-8 year old girl's soccer and I know as much about soccer as I do hockey...not very much at all, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express a couple years back so I guess I'll keep throwing my 2 cents out there! ;)

Unfortunately for you hockey and soccer are nearly identical as far as tactics go

anything less than three points isn't going to cut it in the race for a top two spot in the league.

Agree...a 3 point weekend would leave us just tied with SCSU. Sweep and we are up 2 points on them in the race for a top 2 spot.

In my original post in this thread today, I wanted to tell everybody to respect people's opinions and don't take it personally. You obviously missed that part of my message.

LOL...no one will want to post anything here because of ME? That's rich.

Big weekend...Four huge points. I think we can go 8-4 down the stretch here. That should put us in the top 3 in the league, which is huge for getting to the Final Five. The bottom 3 right now (AA, MTU, BSU) are clearly inferior to the three teams ahead of them (CC, MSUM, Wisco). You don't want to play any of those 3 with a trip to the 5, and likely their season on the line.

Big weekend...Four huge points. I think we can go 8-4 down the stretch here. That should put us in the top 3 in the league, which is huge for getting to the Final Five. The bottom 3 right now (AA, MTU, BSU) are clearly inferior to the three teams ahead of them (CC, MSUM, Wisco). You don't want to play any of those 3 with a trip to the 5, and likely their season on the line.

Tech is a team I wouldn't want to play either. Their record is what it is, but Pearson seems to get the most out of them in big games.