SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher vs Sioux

rlund123

It's the last WCHA series ever, could be the last meeting barring NCAA tourney games for 5 years. Just wish each city hosted a series!! Tickets are already crazy high right now but that won't stop sioux fans! Buy them up!

Get back to you in 11 days on this on both teams, HC and CC first :)

Yes I am looking at tickets but might just wait for the Final Five! I predict a split but I know we can get a sweep if we play like we have been especially with Mitch and Parks back for 2013. Anyone else going? I don't feel like paying 100+ a seat. Its funny how all the gophers fan are bragging about the #1 in the Polls. Yet they are barely above us in the Pairwise. haha GO SIOUX!

Its never to early to talk Gophers v Sioux, This is the last series between these two great rivals for 5 years unless they meet in the NCAA. I live in Minnesota and the Tickets are way over a 100 dollars, It will be tough for sioux fans to get tickets and get in Marriuci if you live in North Daktota

Its never to early to talk Gophers v Sioux, This is the last series between these two great rivals for 5 years unless they meet in the NCAA. I live in Minnesota and the Tickets are way over a 100 dollars, It will be tough for sioux fans to get tickets and get in Marriuci if you live in North Daktota

Yes I agree never too early to start talking about how Lucia and the Goofers are "scared of playing the Sioux and don't want to rivarly to continue and get too banged up"

Money talks! Go sioux!

I think minnesota would push hard for a wisco or michigan outdoor game at twins ballbark

I would put money on Wisco myself with UND as an outside chance. The biggest perk to inviting UND is the ticket sales, which is why I'd rule out Michigan.

I am contemplating getting Sioux/Gopher tickets for this series, are there any areas of Marriucci to avoid? Best place for sioux fans? Where is the Gopher student section?

Looking at lower 3 and lower 23 at this time.

Sioux fans are generally scattered throughout the arena but most will probably be in the SRO area (top of the bowl extending around the rink). If you get tickets in the bowl you more than likely will not be next to Sioux fans, but if you get SRO tickets you can find a group of Sioux fans to stand with. At least that has been my experience during my last two trips to Mariucci. Perhaps others have had better luck sitting in the bowl.

I believe the student section is 12, 13, & 14