SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs UNC 12/21

SWSiouxMN

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this mean?

He is sarcastically referring to how the hockey team starts out typically slow in the first half, then gets to Christmas break, and turns it around and does very well. Of course if this team pulls what the hockey teams has done the last 3 years, we are dancing.

I seriously hope that Traylor is not academically inelgible, however it might appear to fit the description. (I do not know anything about the situation) He played Thursday during finals week and Monday against SUU, grades were put out for everyone on Tuesday at Noon. What really sucks is that he was really starting to turn a corner for us.

Just wait til after Christmas break

Hak isn't walking thru the doors of the Betty to turn the switch with his annual 2nd half run!

But I think it is fair to really look at the HCs UND has in place for it's major sports programs and ask are they truly D1 caliber?

Jones needs to make serious and hard decisions on his lineup. In my opinion he is playing way too many minutes for Allard and Benton, they should be out of the equation. I don't see anything that they are bringing to the team to warrant the minutes they are playing. You can't play Benton at the 4 like he did last night, way to short. As mentioned before if we are going with 4 guards then play Huff at the 4 some and not Benton. He also needs to rest Anderson more due to him cramping up every game, just more breaks for him not necessary long ones but just enough to get fluids in him. Get down to 8 players and give our best players the minutes that give us the best chance to win, Brekke, Huff, Anderson, Webb, Schuler, Antwi, Wilmer, Traylor (if eligible) and if not Archer. Seems like every game we should win but for one thing or another we don't. Several games ago we couldn't make a free throw, then we shoot under 30% in another and then again last night we have 20 more shots than our opponent and again shoot poorly. The shots are there and we have the shooters and for some reason they are not going down, they look good . Positives from last night was I thought we moved the ball better and guys weren't standing around on offense as much and Huff played a nice controlled game. We just need to get to 2013 and maybe the dark cloud that is over this team will disappear. One more note from our first 2 games in the Big Sky: how poor is this officiating. Hopefully, I don't get fined but Allard, Schuler, Antwi that I can remember got hammered on about 6 different shots and no calls. When you go up for a shot jumper and get body chucked almost out of the gym that is a foul. It was the same brutal physical game at SUU. These officials need to get a grip or a lot of players are going to get injured.

Disappointing loss for sure and I hope the coaches both mens and womens bb can make the adjustments needed to succeed at the D1 level. So far not so good.

Do you guys think Jones is on the hot seat this season? I don't recall how long he has been with UND but have we had a winning season under him?

I think both mens and womens bb coaches are great guys I hope they can turn things around.

Disappointing loss for sure and I hope the coaches both mens and womens bb can make the adjustments needed to succeed at the D1 level. So far not so good.

Do you guys think Jones is on the hot seat this season? I don't recall how long he has been with UND but have we had a winning season under him?

I think both mens and womens bb coaches are great guys I hope they can turn things around.

Jones is 88-105 right now, and this is his seventh season. There have been three seasons with a record just over .500, one with an exactly .500 record and two with a sub-.500 record.

UND will likely be a decided underdog with all the following opponents (considering that the ISU game is in Pocatello).

H Bowling Green

@ Idaho State

@Weber St

H Montana

Could be 0-5 in the Big Sky before we know it.

The three home games after that are very winnable, but the team can't be disillusioned by then.

H Montana St

H E Wash

H Portland St

Jones is 88-105 right now, and this is his seventh season. There have been three seasons with a record just over .500, one with an exactly .500 record and two with a sub-.500 record.

Jones is paid ridiculously low for a DI coach (under 80k ?). Not sure you can get anyone for that, except some young coach out of DII ranks. Isn't Idalski paid more than any coach but Hakstol?

Jones is paid ridiculously low for a DI coach (under 80k ?). Not sure you can get anyone for that, except some young coach out of DII ranks. Isn't Idalski paid more than any coach but Hakstol?

Is Jones' salary at a low level because that's all UND is willing to pay for a basketball coach, period, or is it because there's no point paying more than that for a coach who is apparently perfectly content with that salary and who is not likely to be offered more by any other school? I tend to think it's the latter.

Is Jones' salary at a low level because that's all UND is willing to pay for a basketball coach, period, or is it because there's no point paying more than that for a coach who is apparently perfectly content with that salary and who is not likely to be offered more by any other school? I tend to think it's the latter.

both basketball and football payrolls are pretty low for d1. Not sure about some of the other sports.

both basketball and football payrolls are pretty low for d1. Not sure about some of the other sports.

I think UND better look at other DI schools (not major schools like Minny or Nebraska) but like Northern Iowa or even Montana and start paying more. Take some Hak money and spread it around a little bit.