SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

It was worth getting up early to watch that game.

Rocco played great, as did the rest of the team. Watching Seth Jones made me think how great he would have looked in a North Dakota sweater!

Yeah, but Jones would have been a one (maybe two) year player at best. We'll just have to settle for him helping Team USA win medals in international tournaments.

Yeah, but Jones would have been a one (maybe two) year player at best. We'll just have to settle for him helping Team USA win medals in international tournaments.

That's fine with me!

Jones is quite a skater for a big guy. It'll be fun to watch his progress.

Even when praising Rocco's work and the 2 goals, Hradek takes yet another shot at him as "sometimes being too cute in the defensive end". Show me one time Rocco's been "too cute" in this entire tournament. He's been making good plays in the d end since day 1, even when he shouldn't be the forward that should have had to be back there.

And what other small US forward has won a battle against the Big Swede dmen behind the net, until Rocco did before the first goal. Answer: none.

In the Canada game, right after Rocco made a great drop pass on the break to McCabe...later he made a no look, back pass off the half boards in his own zone and it ended up right on the stick of a Canadian player standing in the slot who was 1v1 with Gibson...who stoned him.