SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

Seems to me like Canada made many more of those mistakes than the U.S., and guys that have been playing at the professional level at that. The NHL guys aren't immune from making those kinds of mistakes, otherwise Canada wouldn't have had it handed to them.

Yup, exactly. But I just wanted to point out that is why Housley had sat him....because of dangerous playmaking. Out of Canada they initially called it "playing selfishly" but I would consider it living in the edge. I think you have to start early in this thread to know what we're talking about.

I wasn't simply trying to point out Rocco's flaws or anything....it was trying to determine why Housley would sit one of their best players in such an important game.

I wasn't simply to point out Rocco's flaws or anything....it was trying to determine why Housley would sit one of their best players in such an important game.

I'm guessing (and only guessing) that had the Slovakia game not gotten totally out of hand, Grimaldi would have been put back into the line-up at some point.

Yup, exactly. But I just wanted to point out that is why Housley had sat him....because of dangerous playmaking. Out of Canada they initially called it "playing selfishly" but I would consider it living in the edge. I think you have to start early in this thread to know what we're talking about.

I wasn't simply trying to point out Rocco's flaws or anything....it was trying to determine why Housley would sit one of their best players in such an important game.

So where was it said he was sat due to dangerous playmaking? I hadn't seen anything but tweeted rumours, none of which stated dangerous playmaking. And while I missed the two you are pointing to when watching (and rewatching), I did see several other dangerous passes by the US that lead to odd man rushes. Funny that Hradek, who was ripping Rocco for everything, didn't mention those two either in the telecast. Not to mention no one else was sat for a lousy pass, turnover, or missed defensive assignment. I'd have to think about who on the US team I'd sit for the most dangerous playmaking, but it wouldn't be Rocco. I don't think it's quite as simple as Rocco making dangerous passes, as that has been done by multiple players on multiple teams, including the US

So what it the reason for Lucia sitting now for two entire games? Not a word about that have I seen. BTW, where in the US/Canada game was the Strome breakaway? I tried to find it but can't. First period? Or later?

Watch Rocco come back to GF and start tearing it up again like he was starting to do before the holiday break.

It will be thanks to Phil Housley teaching him how to play hockey, I'm sure. :silly:

Dude, we get it. If you were king, you'd have Rocco skating on all four lines

Dude, we get it. If you were king, you'd have Rocco skating on all four lines

No, just a regular shift would be fine. I don't think that's asking too much for a player with the tools that Rocco has.

Keep responding with moronic things like that every time I post. I don't mind.

That way, everyone can see what a buffoon you are.

So where was it said he was sat due to dangerous playmaking? I hadn't seen anything but tweeted rumours, none of which stated dangerous playmaking. And while I missed the two you are pointing to when watching (and rewatching), I did see several other dangerous passes by the US that lead to odd man rushes. Funny that Hradek, who was ripping Rocco for everything, didn't mention those two either in the telecast. Not to mention no one else was sat for a lousy pass, turnover, or missed defensive assignment. I'd have to think about who on the US team I'd sit for the most dangerous playmaking, but it wouldn't be Rocco. I don't think it's quite as simple as Rocco making dangerous passes, as that has been done by multiple players on multiple teams, including the US

So what it the reason for Lucia sitting now for two entire games? Not a word about that have I seen. BTW, where in the US/Canada game was the Strome breakaway? I tried to find it but can't. First period? Or later?

1. Bob Mckenzie first tweeted it was disciplinary...followed up by saying he heard it was for playing selfishly, whatever that means. Bob Mckenzie is typically very accurate.

2. I watched and rewatched the game and did see a few of dangerous passes Rocco made...which I only noted, again, to try and find an answer to why he was sat. Yes other players made them too but I defeintely noticed a couple of Rocco's.

3. Sorry, I watched and rewatched the last US vs CAN game.... that is where I saw the dangerous passes. I was looking at his playing style as a whole. He wasn't hitting the stat sheet vs RUS or CAN (first game) but I too thought he looked like one of the better players out there, so I was shocked at why he was sat. Strome's breakaway was in the latest game.

4. No idea why Lucia sat....I really haven't noticed him all tournamant...maybe that's why.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Rocco as he's one of my favorite players on the Sioux and I have been following his production long before he even played a UND game....I'm just curious why Housley (who everyone is praising right now) chose to sit him. A good friend of mine (gopher/CHL fan) had never seen Rocco play and his thoughts were similar to mine, as far as this tournament has gone, super skill/risky play.

No, just a regular shift would be fine.

Keep responding with moronic things like that every time I post. I don't mind.

That way, everyone can see what a buffoon you are.

I hope Team USA wins gold, Rocco scores an OT game-winner, and he and Phil Housley hug on the ice.

I don't mind your comments either, internet tough guy.

I hope Team USA wins gold, Rocco scores an OT game-winner, and he and Phil Housley hug on the ice.

I'm going to laugh when USA wins gold and Phil Housley and Rocco hug each other.

I don't mind your comments either, internet tough guy.

It's funny that you think that would bother me if that happened. If that's what you are implying.

You still haven't heard a single thing I've said.

what a waste of time

It's funny that you think that would bother me if that happened. If that's what you are implying.

You still haven't heard a single thing I've said.

what a waste of time

In summary:

Rocco benching - a true injustice to hockey fans everywhere.

Mario benching - I hate that guy anyways and his dad coaches the Gophers so who cares?

1. Bob Mckenzie first tweeted it was disciplinary...followed up by saying he heard it was for playing selfishly, whatever that means. Bob Mckenzie is typically very accurate.

2. I watched and rewatched the game and did see a few of dangerous passes Rocco made...which I only noted, again, to try and find an answer to why he was sat. Yes other players made them too but I defeintely noticed a couple of Rocco's.

3. Sorry, I watched and rewatched the last US vs CAN game.... that is where I saw the dangerous passes. I was looking at his playing style as a whole. He wasn't hitting the stat sheet vs RUS or CAN (first game) but I too thought he looked like one of the better players out there, so I was shocked at why he was sat. Strome's breakaway was in the latest game.

4. No idea why Lucia sat....I really haven't noticed him all tournamant...maybe that's why.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing Rocco as he's one of my favorite players on the Sioux and I have been following his production long before he even played a UND game....I'm just curious why Housley (who everyone is praising right now) chose to sit him. A good friend of mine (gopher/CHL fan) had never seen Rocco play and his thoughts were similar to mine, as far as this tournament has gone, super skill/risky play.

Fair enough, although in spite of a few dangerous passes by Rocco, there were enough bad plays to pick from to sit almost anyone, so I still don't understand the singling out of Rocco when he was forced to sit.

Do you know what period the Strome breakaway occurred? Don't want to watch the entire game again to find it, and don't want to listen to the color guy in the US/Canada game again. I hope he doesn't select Rocco as his player to bash again in the gold medal game.

In summary:

Rocco benching - a true injustice to hockey fans everywhere.

Mario benching - I hate that guy anyways and his dad coaches the Gophers so who cares?

I am a true Sioux fan (and have constructively criticized our squad/players from time to time) and from what I have seen so far from posting on this website is there is no "gray area" for most of these Sioux fans (which I like to a point). I will debate any goofer fan on any Sioux topic and will go down fighting for the Sioux.....but some on this site don't see anything but the Sioux. So if you are a gopher fan....you will be mocked by anything you say. Not that I agree with you or anyhing....just letting you know. Even if you look through my recent posts...I will be blasted for even bringing up something negative about Rocco. Obviously it was Housley's fault for him sitting (maybe it was...maybe it wasn't), but even bringing up the topic will get me blasted for trying to think un-biasedly.

Fair enough, although in spite of a few dangerous passes by Rocco, there were enough bad plays to pick from to sit almost anyone, so I still don't understand the singling out of Rocco when he was forced to sit.

Do you know what period the Strome breakaway occurred? Don't want to watch the entire game again to find it, and don't want to listen to the color guy in the US/Canada game again. I hope he doesn't select Rocco as his player to bash again in the gold medal game.

I believe it was the 2nd, it was at 330 am so I was sort of out of it. Actually maybe it was earlier...I noticed two turnovers right after he had his assist (making it 2-0). Again not exactly sure but right when they happened they were noticable. Before the game I had read that he may have been focing things a tad too much...so right when I saw some of those turnovers I just really didn't want him to sit again. Overall, I really think he should be playing on a higher line...Biggs is not a very "headsy" player from what I've seen. He creates 0 plays for anyone else.

I am a true Sioux fan (and have constructively criticized our squad/players from time to time) and from what I have seen so far from posting on this website is there is no "gray area" for most of these Sioux fans (which I like to a point). I will debate any goofer fan on any Sioux topic and will go down fighting for the Sioux.....but some on this site don't see anything but the Sioux. So if you are a gopher fan....you will be mocked by anything you say. Not that I agree with you or anyhing....just letting you know. Even if you look through my recent posts...I will be blasted for even bringing up something negative about Rocco. Obviously it was Housley's fault for him sitting (maybe it was...maybe it wasn't), but even bringing up the topic will get me blasted for trying to think un-biasedly.

I get a kick out of posters here who feel any Sioux fan who says anything positive about a program or coach other than North Dakota is a 'troll' or 'buffoon'.

Rocco is college hockey's Tim Tebow for some folks around here.

BTW, www.ponyhockey.com if you want more information about Stillwater hockey. :)

I get a kick out of posters here who feel any Sioux fan who says anything positive about a program or coach other than North Dakota is a 'troll' or 'buffoon'.

Rocco is college hockey's Tim Tebow for some folks around here.

True...to a point. There are some people on here that know what their talking about though.

True...to a point. There are some people on here that know what their talking about though.

Lots of people on here know what they're talking about. You'd be surprised at some of the real-life faces and names behind monikers here. I am not disputing that at all, nor am I professing to be some hockey know-it-all.