SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Thoughts on 2012 Season

bincitysioux

San Diego State ended up winning 7 in a row at the end of the season. UND scored more points than anyone else against San Diego State. San Diego State is going to a bowl game. If only we would of had a better defense.

I watched their game against Wyoming this weekend and was thinking the exact same thing.

San Diego State ended up winning 7 in a row at the end of the season. UND scored more points than anyone else against San Diego State. San Diego State is going to a bowl game. If only we would of had a better defense.

as a counterpoint, the only relevant game film sdsu had on und was mines. that said with a better d UND at least beats sdsu, which would have been very nice

as a counterpoint, the only relevant game film sdsu had on und was mines. that said with a better d UND at least beats sdsu, which would have been very nice

With a better D, UND wins a few more games and the season turns out differently; likely wins against SDSU, Cal Poly, Northern Arizona, and Northern Colorado.

As a counterpoint at that point in the season every team only has one or two game tapes on their opponent.

• Upvote 1

To compare a team in week 2 to week 11 makes no football sense.Teams change dramatically and find their identity as a season goes along. Different everything.

To compare a team in week 2 to week 11 makes no football sense.Teams change dramatically and find their identity as a season goes along. Different everything.

True, but one thing that did not change was the UND offense. It began the season near the top of the country in total offense, and stayed there all season. Nothing I've seen from the UND "O" or SDSU "D" leads me to believe there is any difference today.
  • Upvote 1

Congrats to Greg Hardin for being named third team All American by the Sports Network.

Well deserved, he was awesome this year.

One thing about it...as long as the new QB can get the ball down the field UND is always going to have a "punchers chance" in games with this guy.

One thing about it...as long as the new QB can get the ball down the field UND is always going to have a "punchers chance" in games with this guy.

I'm not one bit worried about the passing game going into next year. I'm worried about getting the run game back and the defense transforming in the same way that SDSU's did this year. Both Bartels and Mollberg can launch the deep ball with ease unlike Hanson who had arm strength limitations, lets just hope they learned alot from him this year.

If UND cant play defense or run the ball when they have the lead, consistently winning games won't happen and that is the main concern. I agree though, if UND's pass offense stays prolific, then a .500 record should be obtainable.

• 2 weeks later...