SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. UAA

AZSIOUX

I think one thing that last year did for sure was develop a fourth line for this years squad. Pattyn got valuable minutes, and I think he'll lead an extremely gritty fourth unit the entire season that should see a lot of time.

If you break down a twenty minute period into shifts of roughly 35-40 seconds you have roughly 30 shifts a period. If your fourth line can take maybe five of those shifts you've got a good chance to win the game. At the same time, if you can get them on the ice in the third period to spell your top units three to four times it makes all the difference in the world. If you're up a few goals in the third period, you can roll four and save some gas in the tank for Saturday.

In the playoffs last year you could see which team had more able bodied forwards the day before at the X. Minnesota was the better team, but UND ran out of gas.

I think one thing that last year did for sure was develop a fourth line for this years squad. Pattyn got valuable minutes, and I think he'll lead an extremely gritty fourth unit the entire season that should see a lot of time.

If you break down a twenty minute period into shifts of roughly 35-40 seconds you have roughly 30 shifts a period. If your fourth line can take maybe five of those shifts you've got a good chance to win the game. At the same time, if you can get them on the ice in the third period to spell your top units three to four times it makes all the difference in the world. If you're up a few goals in the third period, you can roll four and save some gas in the tank for Saturday.

In the playoffs last year you could see which team had more able bodied forwards the day before at the X. Minnesota was the better team, but UND ran out of gas.

Those are short shifts...although, I agree that a 4th line that can pick up big time minutes is key-

top players on the top line should be skating 20-22 minutes including special teams, second line should be getting 18-20 minutes, checking 12 or so, and 4th line 8 or so

Those are short shifts...although, I agree that a 4th line that can pick up big time minutes is key-

top players on the top line should be skating 20-22 minutes including special teams, second line should be getting 18-20 minutes, checking 12 or so, and 4th line 8 or so

Yeah, I tried to average it out a bit. Obviously your fourth line is given a lot shorter leash than your first line. The life of a fourth liner is to keep a cycle grind shift going, or get the puck out of your own end, dump it in there end, and get the heck off the ice.

I totally expect 2 lopsided games this weekend. Sioux will win by a total of 8 goals when all is said and done.

I think UND comes out and rolls Anchorage the first game, but the second game is a lot closer. I don't care what the score is either night, just get two wins.

I think Anchorage rope-a-doped us last weekend, trying to get UND to think this weekend will be easy. Seriously,if they are playing their slowdown game, they could be in the games and with a great goaltending effort, who knows. I'm hoping this years squad has a take no prisoners attitude right from the start, and keep their foot down on the pedal should they get an early lead.