SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. UAA - Friday in Fairbanks

AZSIOUX

Sioux win 5-0. Nice start for Clarke Saunders...wonder if Gothberg will start tomrrow...

Was thinking the same thing. I think Clarke has to be back in the net tomorrow. But the nonconference games are where you need to get all your goaltenders playing time.

Was thinking the same thing. I think Clarke has to be back in the net tomorrow. But the nonconference games are where you need to get all your goaltenders playing time.

Agreed. Wonder what Saunders is thinking right now...this has to be a totally different atmosphere compared to last year for him (being on a team that is expected to win) Here's hoping he has a big year!

Hak is as complimentary of the team effort as I can ever recall, in the after-game radio interview.

Happy with the effort.

No deer-in-the-headlights.

Dillon Simpson was excellent, great decisions, etc.

Saunders was really good in the 3rd. 2-3 grade A saves.

Then said not an outstanding night for anybody, but a real solid night for everybody.

Need to get better on entries and scrums on the PP.

Said one of the sophomores commented, in jest, in the locker room that "we don't need the green line!" referring to the big boys.

• Upvote 2

If these guys play as well as they did tonight next weekend & the guys that are out tonight contribute like they should it could be really ugly for Anchorage at the Ralph next weekend.

Yeah, this game should promote some real good competition for starting next week...
  • Upvote 1

Hak is as complimentary of the team effort as I can ever recall, in the after-game radio interview.

Happy with the effort.

No deer-in-the-headlights.

Dillon Simpson was excellent, great decisions, etc.

Saunders was really good in the 3rd. 2-3 grade A saves.

Then said not an outstanding night for anybody, but a real solid night for everybody.

Need to get better on entries and scrums on the PP.

Said one of the sophomores commented, in jest, in the locker room that "we don't need the green line!" referring to the big boys.

It's hak

He could have the trophy sitting next to him and it would be if we want to be in this spot next year we need to play a full 60 minutes we had some lapses out there that could have really hurt us and the fans if it wasn't for an outstanding job in net.

Big key to win was UND's lack of time on the PK. Expect that to change w Mac back tonight though. He'll be good for 3 minors at a minimum.

And I'll bet he gets his moneys worth on all 3 :) macs going to be a force again. Glad he's back tonight

Gothberg starts tonight. Guys looked good last night...I for one was not surprised at all by the outcome last night. Sioux recruits are some of the best players on the continent AA did not have that kind of fire power. Plus, those young guys were probably jacked to get all that ice time. They proved they can play for sure.

Gothberg starts tonight. Guys looked good last night...I for one was not surprised at all by the outcome last night. Sioux recruits are some of the best players on the continent AA did not have that kind of fire power. Plus, those young guys were probably jacked to get all that ice time. They proved they can play for sure.

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

Going into this game, most people thought Grimaldi would have to have a big game for us to win. In my opinion, Rocco played pretty poorly, his passes weren't accurate and he had many turnovers. Besides the one time at the beginning of the game, he didn't generate anything off the rush. Yes he scored a goal, and yes he hit a post but other than that I can't remember a scoring chance. After the exhibitions I was expecting a lot more. Him playing poorly makes the win last night even more impressive.

Going into this game, most people thought Grimaldi would have to have a big game for us to win. In my opinion, Rocco played pretty poorly, his passes weren't accurate and he had many turnovers. Besides the one time at the beginning of the game, he didn't generate anything off the rush. Yes he scored a goal, and yes he hit a post but other than that I can't remember a scoring chance. After the exhibitions I was expecting a lot more. Him playing poorly makes the win last night even more impressive.

The guy's human.

Has Grimaldi, the coaching staff or anyone else declared Grimaldi 100%?

He had a bizzare injury and if might be presumtious to assume he is back to normal. I personally have no baseline for his skating before the injury and I didn't see the game last night BUT in the in the games before this weekend I did feel that he was a bit hesitant around the boards as well as maybe having a few balance/stability issues in close contact situations.