SiouxSports.com Forum

Montana game

geaux_sioux

Sorry, but last year with the package for DTV I had I could watch virtually every game. Now I have to change my DTV package and add a sports package for another $13 a month to watch what, one FB game? Sorry, but the contract with the BSC has left those of us in the MSP and Western Wisconsin unable to watch UND FB this year.

It's just because it's the Griz playing. Root Sports always shows them and they aren't available on the AmericaOne Big Sky TV site.

You do realize, don't you, that this game is being broadcast exclusively by Root, which has a contract with the Big Sky Conference? I assume you do, so what exactly would you propose UND should have done to get this game into your living room? Take your rudeness elsewhere.

Of course people are going to be rude Mr. Hajdu, did you expect them to be understanding when they can't get the game? There was never any problems gettting the games on the air when WDAZ did it (hell they even aired the hockey regional two years ago on channel 8). Ole is MSP is in his right to be frustrated and he sure as heck can say what he wants on a forum that is not owned by UND. Frankly, he is just calling out UND and how they handled the new TV deal. UND made its bed, now they have to sleep in it.

Of course people are going to be rude Mr. Hajdu, did you expect them to be understanding when they can't get the game? There was never any problems gettting the games on the air when WDAZ did it (hell they even aired the hockey regional two years ago on channel 8). Ole is MSP is in his right to be frustrated and he sure as heck can say what he wants on a forum that is not owned by UND. Frankly, he is just calling out UND and how they handled the new TV deal. UND made its bed, now they have to sleep in it.

This isn't a UND TV deal, as far as I understand. It's a Big Sky TV deal. The only other option would have been to not join the Big Sky Conference. Is that what you'd rather have?

Today's game is being broadcast by Root, which was contracted by the Big Sky Conference. This has nothing to do with WDAZ or UND.

You can't pick up the feed?

The conference contracted Root to broadcast the game, and Root has exclusivity on those rights. We made every effort to pick up the game for Fox College Sports, but to no avail. When you are a part of strong conferences, you are at the mercy of the conference rights holder. This, unfortunately, is not uncommon in Division I athletics. For example, FSN loses a handful of Gopher hockey games each year because of the Big Ten Network contract. If the Big Ten Network has the rights to a particular game, they have exclusivity and are under no obligation to allow other networks to pick up that broadcast.

The conference contracted Root to broadcast the game, and Root has exclusivity on those rights. We made every effort to pick up the game for Fox College Sports, but to no avail. When you are a part of strong conferences, you are at the mercy of the conference rights holder. This, unfortunately, is not uncommon in Division I athletics. For example, FSN loses a handful of Gopher hockey games each year because of the Big Ten Network contract. If the Big Ten Network has the rights to a particular game, they have exclusivity and are under no obligation to allow other networks to pick up that broadcast.

I have no problem with that, I understand. Frankley, I listen to it on the radio anyway (don't have cable) and I think they are doing a great job!

Dumbest post today. Even topped Ole's! Congrats!

• Upvote 4

That was an amazing finish, on par with the USD finish last season. Major kudos to the UND offense, despite whatever the hell the coaches were trying to do in the 3rd quarter. 4th quarter we went back to what worked (most of the time, running on 3rd and 3 or 4 still leaves me befuddled) and the players made it happen. Hardin is a beast, enough said there. Hanson showed some balls on that final play, he had to have known he was going to get crushed but he stood in, made an accurate throw, and the rest is history.