SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 6 Scores

dakotadan

I watched part of the AC-Youngstown State game and the SIU-ISU game today. The MVFC is really down this year. Both YSU and ISU are highly overrated. Neither team should be in the top 25 and I can only chalk up their undefeated records to this point to favorable scheduling. Both teams would be near the bottom of the Big Sky this year.

• Upvote 1

I watched part of the AC-Youngstown State game and the SIU-ISU game today. The MVFC is really down this year. Both YSU and ISU are highly overrated. Neither team should be in the top 25 and I can only chalk up their undefeated records to this point to favorable scheduling. Both teams would be near the bottom of the Big Sky this year.

While NDSU did look very deserving of a number one ranking, Youngstown was aboslutely horrible.

It pains me to say it, but in my opinion the biggest reason Youngstown looked so bad is because Fargo is so darn good. They have a very good team again this year.

I also watched the Southern Illinois game. They beat the #9 team in the country in ISU, and they looked pretty bad while doing it if you ask me. I think it is looking like the MVFC is quite top-heavy this year. Pretty big drop off after Fargo if you ask me. I think every ranked Big Sky team would handle every ranked MVFC team pretty easily with the exception of Fargo.

Cause handling Pittsburgh isn't worthy of top 25. Both teams would be near the top of the Big Sky.

Montana leads UNC 33-10 now.

I think the Griz are going to rack up a pile of rushing yards against North Dakota in a couple weeks................................ ???

If by a pile you mean 400+...you are correct sir.

It pains me to say it, but in my opinion the biggest reason Youngstown looked so bad is because Fargo is so darn good. They have a very good team again this year.

I also watched the Southern Illinois game. They beat the #9 team in the country in ISU, and they looked pretty bad while doing it if you ask me. I think it is looking like the MVFC is quite top-heavy this year. Pretty big drop off after Fargo if you ask me. I think every ranked Big Sky team would handle every ranked MVFC team pretty easily with the exception of Fargo.

I would agree with this bin. Fargo has a really solid team with a lot of depth. This is something it took them some time to develop and something we are really lacking right now. We need to continue to string together some recruiting classes.

I would agree with this bin. Fargo has a really solid team with a lot of depth. This is something it took them some time to develop and something we are really lacking right now. We need to continue to string together some recruiting classes.

The key word is "continue." A couple years ago, that would have beeen "start to get one recruiting classes." Lots of progress made in the past couple years, which makes the next few years more exciting than this year, which is pretty tough because I've been surprisingly more excited for football season than hockey season.

Agree on ISU. Disagree on YSU. YSU handled Pitt and UNI. NDSU is just that good. Nobody's going to come within 14 points of them till maybe the semis.

Agree on ISU. Disagree on YSU. YSU handled Pitt and UNI. NDSU is just that good. Nobody's going to come within 14 points of them till maybe the semis.

UNI is down this year. They aren't the smashmouth, in your face team they have been in the past. They aren't as solid across the board. This was my opinion after seeing their game this year and the opinion of one of my family members has a little more invested in Fargo football than I have. He was at the game last week at UNI.

I think Youngstown in a playoff team, just after seeing them today I think they are overrated. They will lose at least one more game in the MVFC.

ISU-R lost to SIU today. Very surprised. NDSU is very good this year. Loving life.

UNI is down this year. They aren't the smashmouth, in your face team they have been in the past. They aren't as solid across the board. This was my opinion after seeing their game this year and the opinion of one of my family members has a little more invested in Fargo football than I have. He was at the game last week at UNI.

I think Youngstown in a playoff team, just after seeing them today I think they are overrated. They will lose at least one more game in the MVFC.

Youngstown could easily lose another game. They don't have a great defense. I won't judge them too much on today's performance. They fumbled the first play and threw a pick-six when they were going to tie it up. Everything went wrong for them.

Both YSU and ISU are highly overrated. Neither team should be in the top 25 and I can only chalk up their undefeated records to this point to favorable scheduling.

ISU, yes. They got a bump from a big win over an EMU team that turns out to be way worse than expected. Still a top25 team, however.

YSU on the other hand had arguably the best resume in the country coming in. 2 wins over top 25 teams and a thrashing of Pittsburgh I think they are a top 10 team at worst. UNI is pretty solid as well, but were far-sighted enough to schedule themselves out of the playoffs. They have some big flaws, but aside from NDSU, cal poly, Jmu, and a handful of others, there aren't many teams without some glaring weaknesses.

if you go back to the playoffs last year, this is now the 5th top 10 (give or take) offense NDSU has humiliated, and their offense is definitely improving quickly. NDSU would do this or worse to every team in the big sky. Pretty hard to hold it against YSU for getting beat just like GSU or lehigh last year.