SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

With Denver winning 5-0 after 2 they should hold on to win and I believe this is what we will see for the 1st round next weekend.

1. SCSU

12. AA

2. Minny

11. BSU

3. Sioux

10. Tech

4. Wiscy

9. Duluth

5. Denver

8. CC

6. Mankato

7. Omaha

I think you are right about this. Not sure why I had it going Kato-Bucky-Denver. Thank you.

Edit* Denver-CC in the first round.....yes!

I think you are right about this. Not sure why I had it going Kato-Bucky-Denver. Thank you.

Edit* Denver-CC in the first round.....yes!

Denver-CC should be a very entertaining series and CC has played very well against Denver this season and then you factor in their big rivalry too. Also with Omaha headed to Mankato you will have Troy Jutting returning to Mankato for I believe the first time since being fired.

Easy. Not all of those Twin Citians (including me) are Gopher fans.

Where are the bouncy-ball fans today? I was chastised after the Indiana game...nice follow-up last night, Goldy. :lol:

The twin cities comment was referring to the general condescending attitude towards Grand Forks and other cities/states in region.

Congratulations to the UMass-Lowell River Hawks for becoming the first team NOT named Boston University, Boston College, Maine, or New Hampshire to win the Hockey East regular season title. Just two years ago, this team didn't even make the HE playoffs. Wow.

I was being facetious by trying to point out how difficult it is to win an NCAA hockey title.

By comparison, Coach K at Duke has 4 NCAA basketball titles in 32 years. Would you fire him too?

Yes. It would please many people if Coach K was no longer at Duke.

Yes. It would please many people if Coach K was no longer at Duke.

Hey, I hate Duke as much as the next person, but there's no question that Coach K is a winner. The job he did this past Olympics was incredible.

I also respect Jack Parker too. Boston U has some coach-searching to do. I wonder if UMass-Lowell is sweating bullets...

I was being facetious by trying to point out how difficult it is to win an NCAA hockey title.

By comparison, Coach K at Duke has 4 NCAA basketball titles in 32 years. Would you fire him too?

Coach K just won his 4th in 2010 and has won at least one NC in 3 different decades. Nice comparison. The difference is he has actually won one. When Coach K has one of the best rosters in the country, he has shown he can win it.

• Upvote 1

Man how I wish we could be in a conference with such well known national universities like Duluth, St. Cloud, Western Michigan, and Nebraska Omaha!

All the UMN is to the Big 10 is a record padder. Even the other crappy Big 10 teams count on playing MN to get their only league wins. If hockey is so BIG in Minnesota then why are there always so many empty seats in the Mariucci week in and week out?
  • Upvote 1

I was also being facetious. It is difficult and we will get one soon. I don't watch basketball, so yes I would.

I don't believe the tournament is reseeded. So SCSU would get the Kato-Bucky winner, and Minnesota the Denver-UND winner.

You are right, the tourney is not reseeded after the thursday games. If these are the final five teams....SCSU will play the winner of Denver and Wisconsin and Minnesota will play the winner of UND and Mankato.

1 vs. 4/5

2 vs. 3/6