SiouxSports.com Forum

CBS Sports Network releases 2012 college hockey schedule

nodak651

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but...

The complete 18-game schedule:

Nov. 15: Notre Dame at Michigan (7:30 p.m. ET)

Nov. 30: Vermont at Maine (8 p.m. ET)

Dec. 8: Maine at Boston University (8 p.m. ET)

Dec. 14: Western Michigan at Michigan (7:30 p.m. ET)

Jan. 4: Robert Morris at Army (7:30 p.m. ET)

Jan. 5: Merrimack at Vermont (7:30 p.m. ET)

Jan. 12: Army at Air Force (6 p.m. ET)

Jan. 19: Alaska at Notre Dame (7 p.m. ET)

Jan. 25: Ferris State at Notre Dame (7:30 p.m. ET)

Feb. 8: Michigan at Notre Dame (7:30 p.m. ET)

Feb. 10: Providence at New Hampshire (4 p.m. ET)

Feb. 15: Notre Dame at Miami (7:30 p.m. ET)

Feb. 22: Notre Dame at Western Michigan (7:30 p.m. ET)

Feb. 23: New Hampshire at Vermont (4 p.m. ET)

Feb. 24: Boston College at Merrimack (4 p.m. ET)

Mar. 1: Ferris State at Michigan (7 p.m. ET)

Mar. 3: UMass-Lowell at Merrimack (4 p.m. ET)

Mar. 8: Boston University at Northeastern (7:30 p.m. ET)

Pathetic.

I think everyone needs to start contacting CBSSports now and let them know we want UND and NCHC games? Does anyone have the contact information handy?

Here is the phone numbers and email addresses.

Contacts:

Dan Sabreen 212-975-5936 dsabreen@cbs.com

Mariel Brady 212-975-5373 mariel.brady@cbs.com

I am not sure if our current TV contract has anything to do with us not getting our league games on CBS or not?

Edited by Goon

Did i miss ssomething or when did cbs become notre dame sports network? I blame nchc for this crock of sheeet

Last I checked WMU and Miami will be members of the NCHC and they're on the schedule. The NCHC and CBS Sports already have a solid relationship based on the upcoming contract for 2013/14. If there is any blame to go around it may lie with the WCHA.

Multiple WCHA schools have TV contracts in place that make their games available on sports networks available all over the country. I would guess that 1 or more of them would have a problem with the WCHA putting games, especially their games, on a national outlet. CBS Sports has no relationship with the WCHA. They have relationships with other schools and conferences. They have a contract with the NCHC for next year. But that has nothing to do with the WCHA, which is where UND will be playing this year.

This thread is much ado about nothing. This isn't some big conspiracy. It is all about contracts. The WCHA doesn't have a national contract at least in part because several of the top schools already have a TV contract in place. It isn't often that you can have both available nationally. UND hockey games will be seen on Fox College Sports again this year. Minnesota, Denver and other games will also be available on sports networks. Enjoy all of the games that will be on TV.

Multiple WCHA schools have TV contracts in place that make their games available on sports networks available all over the country. I would guess that 1 or more of them would have a problem with the WCHA putting games, especially their games, on a national outlet. CBS Sports has no relationship with the WCHA. They have relationships with other schools and conferences. They have a contract with the NCHC for next year. But that has nothing to do with the WCHA, which is where UND will be playing this year.

This thread is much ado about nothing. This isn't some big conspiracy. It is all about contracts. The WCHA doesn't have a national contract at least in part because several of the top schools already have a TV contract in place. It isn't often that you can have both available nationally. UND hockey games will be seen on Fox College Sports again this year. Minnesota, Denver and other games will also be available on sports networks. Enjoy all of the games that will be on TV.

Where's your misplaced sense of false outrage? Shouldn't you be writing letters or screaming at your computer? :lol:

• Upvote 1

Do we have any ideas how much we will see UND on DirecTV this year compared to previous years given the new local TV contracts? This is one reason I got DirecTV. I know it was said the games will be available to be shown, it's just a matter if DirecTV will or not. Gotta decide if I am buying an online package for the games or not since they are on sale though Sunday! Thanks for any help!