SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 5 Already? vs Cal Poly

geaux_sioux

Quit bringing up Bison fans and I'll stop commenting. Deal?

How many times is the UND football team brought up on Bville? How many of us are over there having to defend everything that is said? You need to understand this is a UND board and like or not, posts are going to be slanted towards UND, just as posts are slanted towards NDSU on BVille. Learn to let things go once in awhile...

How many times is the UND football team brought up on Bville? How many of us are over there having to defend everything that is said? You need to understand this is a UND board and like or not, posts are going to be slanted towards UND, just as posts are slanted towards NDSU on BVille. Learn to let things go once in awhile...

Thats why I don't even sign up, what's the point. When you are on a rival board your argument will be dimissed even with facts to back it up. And like Bison06 said he doesn't mistreat UND fans and some are good eggs and throw humor in it. But you have some that are so drunk with the green and yellow kool-aid that whatever you say doesn't matter because you are a UND fan.

Soooo tomorrow is probably the biggest game in our short D1 history. Thoughts?

I wish I had the same confidence that the other geaux_sioux has, but I think UND will win. IF UND gets an early lead, they need to put the pedal to the metal and bury Poly. An early lead will really get the crowd into. A big win will send a message to the rest of the Big Sky that UND has arrived.

Go Sioux, I mean UND, errrrr.... GO DAKOTANS!!!

This:

How is it very different? You say Montana has dominated the conference. Yet they have the same amount of conference championships as UNI. How is that different? And whether Illinois State got screwed out of the playoffs, that would be one appearance since 2006 for them and none since 1984 for Indiana State. Almost making the playoffs last year doesn't make you a playoff quality team 3 or 4 weeks into the season. And because you think Indiana State is good doesn't make the playoff quality either.

Fair enough, but I make my observations based on watching teams play not on their records. I watched UNI play both FBS games and they looked damn good to me. I watched App St. vs. Montana on Espn 3 and was not impressed in the slightest with either team, obviously with Montana losing they looked worse than App.

If you want to wait until the end of the season to say one way or another that's fine, but I feel pretty confident in saying that Montana won't make the playoffs this year and it won't be because of an increased difficulty in scheduling.

Yeah, it won't have ANYTHING to do with the BSC having 5 teams in the top 25!

Get real.

I was told today that there are ~1100 student tickets remaining. Very surprising after the last two games, especially considering the opponent.

as far as the game goes, i think this is the one we drop at home. cal poly 38, UND 27

According to a facebook post by the "Nodak Nation" page, there are around 500 student tickets remaining. They are also giving out free "rally towels" to the students. Not sure if they will be available to the rest of the fans or not.

384171_454708884572917_854320319_n.jpg

I guess it's late enough in the week for a prediction.

UND >40

Poly <24

The seniors are bitter about the last two years and are going to take it our on Poly. Look for the D line to be very solid all day. UND rushes for 200 yards and throws for 300 yards. DBs don't blow a coverage or allow a long completion all day. Hardin always has a good day against Poly, also look for Golladay to have a nice game. Kennedy on defense is made to defend the run so he should be an impact player. The block party will continue. The hogs will pound them with their confidence that they regained last week. The crowd will be back for the first time in a while, the students are starting to have stars on a team to watch and be excited for for the first time since Dressler and Chappell played.

Alright...finally back on track after this thread went off track for a bit. I think that this game is going to be a close game. Cal Poly's triple option is gonna be tough for us. Need to make tackles. Our run game finally stepped it up so that definitely balances us out. I think that the home field advantage is gonna be the decider in this one.

UND - 34

Cal Poly - 27

I think we will win if... We go out and get a lead. triple option teams aren't necessarily designed to go rally from a couple of scores down. It tends to make them uncomfortable when they can't control the clock and call the game they want to. Conversely, if UND were to fall behind by a score, at least this years offense appears to this point to be diversified and balanced enough to put a rally together. I remember just inept we looked in this game last year offensively, and it amazes me how different we look this year.

Cal Poly has a lot of new faces on defense this year, but I think we are much more athletic and improved on that side of the ball. We have a new defensive coordinator and while we still run a 4-3 base defense, he has made a few changes in secondary coverages and blitz packages. So far our defensive numbers have improved quite a bit over last year, especially against the pass.

On offense we are only running out of the triple option set about half of the time. Our FB Umoh is not the bruiser that Romanelli was, but he has great speed and hands. He had a TD reception last year against UND (#47 last year and #8 this season) and a 57 TD run last week against UC Davis. At slot back we do not have a real burner like Mark Rodgers, but Deonte Williams is a more complete back and he is better between the tackles. He is third in the FCS in rushing yards per game at 161 yards. Broadous does not have huge numbers throwing, but can hurt a team that stacks he box.

I really think this will be a great game. 5dimes had this game as a"pick em" which I agree with.

Doesn't Indiana State have to actually accomplish something before you reference them as a "playoff caliber team"? They just lost at home to the bunnies in a game where Bell was out rushed by the bunnies' backup running back. Yes, very impressive indeed. Then again, the bunnies did beat a Big Sky team. Maybe that makes them "playoff caliber".

your realize that the bunnies 'backup' (huh?) running back leads all of d1 right? moron.

Did you also notice how bad Iowa and Wisconsin are this year? Not saying they are terrible but they are WAY DOWN from where they have been in previous years. A woeful Central Michigan team just beat Iowa in Iowa City. Since you base your opinion on watching games, I thought you would factor that in.

wisconsin is 3-1 with its only loss by 3 points to a team currently ranked #18, who also is something like third in the country in rush d. Clearly a terrible team. San diego state on the other hand....

Iowa is a dumpster fire by the looks of it, but they would still thrash most fcs teams

Student tickets for this game have been flying. Ticket office in the union say just over 300 tickets were left to sell in their office

I was told today that there are ~1100 student tickets remaining. Very surprising after the last two games, especially considering the opponent.

to be specific, i was told that slightly more that 800 tickets had been claimed, out of 1904, leaving ~1100 remaining.

Did 800 students give their tickets back?

no

According to a facebook post by the "Nodak Nation" page, there are around 500 student tickets remaining. They are also giving out free "rally towels" to the students. Not sure if they will be available to the rest of the fans or not.

NYsioux, it appears that someone was full of it when they made their post. 5-600 tickets yesterday is pretty consistent with the last few weeks, and my numbers come from a buddy in the athletics office. Someone was wrong and it sure as !@#$ wasn't me.

Can you please stop saying "we". You are not a UND fan whatsoever and its getting very old. Just say that you like NDSU more and get it over with.

seriously, !@#$ off. I've spent the last two seasons beating my head against the wall trying to get students to come to games, hyping it up to friends, customers, whoever i can. I dare post criticism of the continual groupthink (which unsurprising is also continuously wrong) around here and dare to not buy into a dead rivalry that only one side really cares about, and I get nothing but crap from people who probably haven't done a goddamn thing to help in any regard. People like you make me want to not like this team. Sorry for having an opinion, asshole.

to be specific, i was told that slightly more that 800 tickets had been claimed, out of 1904, leaving ~1100 remaining.

no

NYsioux, it appears that someone was full of it when they made their post. 5-600 tickets yesterday is pretty consistent with the last few weeks, and my numbers come from a buddy in the athletics office. Someone was wrong and it sure as !@#$ wasn't me.

mg, it appears your source was better on that issue. Hopefully, your prediction of the score is less accurate. :lol:

seriously, !@#$ off. I've spent the last two seasons beating my head against the wall trying to get students to come to games, hyping it up to friends, customers, whoever i can. I dare post criticism of the continual groupthink (which unsurprising is also continuously wrong) around here and dare to not buy into a dead rivalry that only one side really cares about, and I get nothing but crap from people who probably haven't done a goddamn thing to help in any regard. People like you make me want to not like this team. Sorry for having an opinion, asshole.

You're language is foul and your attitude is poisonous to any team environment. You proprly belong to the bison fan base.

You come on this board and claim that only older Sioux fans disrespect bison football, but all NDSU fans respect whay UND has done in other sports. How delusional can you possibly be?

your realize that the bunnies 'backup' (huh?) running back leads all of d1 right? moron.

wisconsin is 3-1 with its only loss by 3 points to a team currently ranked #18, who also is something like third in the country in rush d. Clearly a terrible team. San diego state on the other hand....

Iowa is a dumpster fire by the looks of it, but they would still thrash most fcs teams

First, Zach Zenner, the bunnies STARTING RUNNINGBACK, leads the nation in rushing with 895 yards on 107 carries.

In their home game vs the bunnies, Shakir Bell, the #2 rusher in the nation, rushed for 54 yards on 18 carries.

Zach Zenner, the bunnies STARTING RUNNINGBACK, rushed for 239 yards on 29 carries.

Reggie Gandy, the bunnies BACKUP RUNNINGBACK (Stieg himself referred to him as a backup on his coach's show), rushed for 58 yards on 10 carries.

Hence, the bunnies BACKUP RUNNINGBACK outrushed Bell, on the road.

Please, tell me again who is the moron?

I don't understand how Montana being down makes the Big Sky down. Eastern Washington and Montana State are both legit top 10 teams and there are 3 or 4 other teams that are ranked or very close. If Montana was ranked in the top 10 and EWU was not, nobody would be saying the Big Sky is down. To say that the strength of the entire conference depends on the strength of Montana alone is foolish and proves you are not paying attention.