SiouxSports.com Forum

captains suspended

theisdog

As you said "in the past" which is not the present.

I still don't foresee Hak changing right now. What happened was a total shame but the team is already on probation and suspensions have been handed out for the reason of not dragging this out any longer. I think Hak will do some internal discipline to these three minors and it will be over with.

All I can say is please please drop the puck so we can put this crap behind us. I for one am definitely sick of reading about it. It's certainly not the ideal way to start a season but hopefully once the puck drops people will finally start forgetting about as there will be hockey to talk about.

• Upvote 1

I still don't foresee Hak changing right now. What happened was a total shame but the team is already on probation and suspensions have been handed out for the reason of not dragging this out any longer. I think Hak will do some internal discipline to these three minors and it will be over with.

Wasn't the Suspension of the captains a response to this already? I guess that's how I read it.

Wasn't the Suspension of the captains a response to this already? I guess that's how I read it.

Maybe the suspension to the captains was the punishment. Watchmaker thought that there might be more suspensions, I simply stated that I didn't think so. Could I be wrong? Maybe but I don't think the kids who received minors will get any suspensions, maybe a few "Around the World" conditioning drills but that's it.

Maybe the suspension to the captains was the punishment. Watchmaker thought that there might be more suspensions, I simply stated that I didn't think so. Could I be wrong? Maybe but I don't think the kids who received minors will get any suspensions, maybe a few "Around the World" conditioning drills but that's it.

Normally Hak would handle the minors with internal punishment. But if he is trying to really make a point with this team, especially with this situation, he may give additional punishment this time. That is even more true if he gave them a warning before the party. But only time will tell whether he will do more or not.

And. Here. We. Go.

Via Grand Forks Herald - Details of UND hockey party emerge

Tuesday, Grand Forks County prosecutors released the names of four freshmen players cited for underage drinking, a Class B misdemeanor: Jordan Schmaltz, 18; Bryn Chyzyk, 19; Zane Gothberg, 20 and Drake Caggiula, 18. All four are scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 30.

Gothberg was passed out face down on the floor and Chyzyk, 19, was lying on the futon. Gothberg, who had a strong odor of alcohol, responded to a shake from Sevigny.

But Chyzyk did not, even though she “shook him, tapped his face and spoke to him,” Sevigny said. He had vomit on the front of his shirt.

“While I was trying to wake Chyzyk, someone mentioned that he had taken a lot of shots that night. I then used a pressure point behind his right ear, Chyzyk started to move and I asked Chyzyk to speak with me. Chyzyk then mumbled he’s sleeping and swung his arm at me.”

Caggiula meanwhile, was transported to Altru Hospital for possible alcohol poisoning, Sevigny said.

Sevigny said by now she found Schmaltz passed out in his bed when she got back to his room. She shook him, tried to wake him, but “Schmaltz had his eyes partially open and was unable to answer my questions.”

and sounds like what we have herd all along, some nerd RA had to get involved to get his name in the paper....

I love forborts line about calling faison. Commodore has been saying the same thing on twitter and FOrbort said it drunk lol.

I disagree. The "nerd" RA could have saved the kids life, we don't know.

• Upvote 4

I am not condoning the actions here at all but why would Brian Faison be the first call the officer on the scene would make?

what if the students in question were non athletes? Would they call their academic advisor?

I guess that my first call may have been to the paramedics , or a parent or something . just curious as to why the athletic director .

and holy crap I guess things did get out of hand. all of this at 830 p m ???

I am not condoning the actions here at all but why would Brian Faison be the first call the officer on the scene would make?

I wondered that also, but I'm guessing that must be UPD policy (because we know cops love following policy).

what if the students in question were non athletes? Would they call their academic advisor?

I'd guess some VP wonk for student affairs or such from Twamley.

I guess that my first call may have been to the paramedics , or a parent or something . just curious as to why the athletic director .

I read it as the paramedics were already on scene.

and holy crap I guess things did get out of hand. all of this at 830 p m ???

You noticed that too ...

and sounds like what we have herd all along, some nerd RA had to get involved to get his name in the paper....

You and watchmaker49 really need to get together more often - perfect match. Just don't drink and drive, unless it is off a cliff.

So you didn't get a DUI driving home from Bonzer's after the Aztec game? Or do you drive anyway?

I love forborts line about calling faison. Commodore has been saying the same thing on twitter and FOrbort said it drunk lol.

You can't be serious. Like a few other posters already said the guy could of saved his life.Binge drinking can cause death,we all know that. Hopefully this all soaks in and the young guys know that this is not appropriate behavior down the road when they are the older guys partying with a new group of freshman. Be responsible.

Call me dumb but i throught there was a law out there that if a person needed medical assistant, no charges would be assesed. Like if a person needed their stomach pumped and everyone was under 21, they bring them in to the er with out any punishment....

I am guessing that the Medical Amnesty Act is what you are referring too? The text of that is below.

"An individual under twenty-one years of age is immune from criminal prosecution under [the North Dakota Century Code] if that individual contacted law enforcement or emergency medical services and reported that another individual under twenty-one years of age was in need of medical assistance due to alcohol consumption, provided assistance to the individual in need of medical assistance until assistance arrived and remained on the scene, or was the individual in need of medical assistance and cooperated with medical assistance and law enforcement personnel on the scene. The maximum number of individuals that may be immune for any one occurrence is five individuals.” (N.D.C.C. § 5-01-08).

I take this to mean if a person calls for someone else, then the first person can't be charged...and the second one still could be. I am checking for other details, but I believe that is how it was written.