SiouxSports.com Forum

captains suspended

theisdog

So what did Kristo and O'Donnell do "unrelated to the team party"?

I can't imagine these guys are doing anything outside the norm- this crackdown is ridiculous.

Since there were 2 minors right after school started, my guess is that Hakstol had a team meeting and warned them. 2 weeks later they have a team party that results in 4 more minors. That is outside the norm. Then you throw in whatever Kristo and O'Donnell did to break team rules. With all of the added attention due to previous issues at UND and the 10 football players in Fargo, Hak and Faison are making a point in a big way to get the team's attention.

Since there were 2 minors right after school started, my guess is that Hakstol had a team meeting and warned them. 2 weeks later they have a team party that results in 4 more minors. That is outside the norm. Then you throw in whatever Kristo and O'Donnell did to break team rules. With all of the added attention due to previous issues at UND and the 10 football players in Fargo, Hak and Faison are making a point in a big way to get the team's attention.

certainly that is paramount for Hak and Faison. I agree that Hak probably said- look guys keep it on the DL- they didn't

I am curious what the heck Kristo and O'Donnell did?? I bet they got busted skipping class

So more suspensions to come...

This whole situation is truly embarrading for the program. Obviously Danny kristo is more interested in partying than becoming a pro hockey player. If I was Montreal i would drop him like a bad habit. Do these guys not realize they are under the microscope kinda like a pro athlete in a major sports town? Way to start the season guys! Hak must be really pissed or maybe he just can't control these guys. Wouldn't be surprised to see Grimaldi go major junior...and can't blame him. At least he has his head on straight and is pursuing his goals.

• Upvote 3

The whole situation is a total embarassment to the program...I am as big a Sioux fan as anyone and have spent thousands of dollars over the years following the team. This really pisses me off...a team that is supposed to be getting ready to play the season to pull this....wow

These guys are not pros yet- in fact, the official start of the season has yet to begin.

Remember that a Johnny Toews and a Zach Parise also got busted while at UND.

GF police have very little to worry about compared to many major college towns i.e. Mpls, Boston- this is a joke.

If you think these kids focus on nothing but hockey you are nuts. If you think pros focus on nothing but hockey all the time, you are nuts. You need to unwind, and you need to be part of the team.

These incidents have happened for at least 30 years. This is a police department and an AD that are grandstanding.

If you think that Danny Kristo having a sixer on a Saturday night in September impacts out chances of winning a title, you need your head examined

These guys are not pros yet- in fact, the official start of the season has yet to begin.

GF police have very little to worry about compared to many major college towns i.e. Mpls, Boston- this is a joke.

If you think these kids focus on nothing but hockey you are nuts. If you think pros focus on nothing but hockey all the time, you are nuts. You need to unwind, and you need to be part of the team.

These incidents have happened for at least 30 years. This is a police department and an AD that are grandstanding.

If you think that Danny Kristo having a sixer on a Saturday night in September impacts out chances of winning a title, you need your head examined

The police department and AD are doing their job. Laws were broken, the kids got caught. The coach and the AD have more responsibilities than just putting the teams on ice, court, field, etc. Part of their jobs are to teach the players life lessons. And part of their jobs are to protect the University. Hakstol and Faison appear like they are trying to do their jobs properly. And you are sounding a little like the Bison fans that want to protect their players.

I am someone who remembers drinking beer underage in college and high school. It is against the law, yes, but it is not an immoral act or even a let down to the team. NDSU is not even on my radar- it is an irrelevant University that people who went to real schools don't even consider.

Should athletes be held to a ridiculously high standard? I don't think so. If all they were doing is drinking, and initiatiing, and being 18-23 year old college kids, who cares???

I get the brand spin and the University spin- they have to do wha tthey have to do, but if all this is is drinking during the pre-season, on a weekend, then I don't care at all.

I am someone who remembers drinking beer underage in college and high school. It is against the law, yes, but it is not an amoral act or even a let down to the team. NDSU is not even on my radar- it is an irrelevant University that people who went to real schools don't even consider.

Should athletes be held to a ridiculously high standard? I don't think so. If all they were doing is drinking, and initiatiing, and being 18-23 year old college kids, who cares???

I get the brand spin and the University spin- they have to do wha tthey have to do, but if all this is is drinking during the pre-season, on a weekend, then I don't care at all.

I remember drinking under age also. And I remember some students getting caught and being suspended. If you get caught, you pay the price. If your coach gives you explicit instructions and you don't follow them, you're going to have to pay the price. The team was stupid and they are going to pay the price. It is as simple as that.

Zach Parise never was busted for any underage drinking...check your facts dude...he was in a bar as a minor but was not drinking......him and Smaby

I am someone who remembers drinking beer underage in college and high school. It is against the law, yes, but it is not an amoral act or even a let down to the team. NDSU is not even on my radar- it is an irrelevant University that people who went to real schools don't even consider.

Well alot of people apparently do...who cares what you think. It is an embarassment to the University and the hockey program. Period!

• Upvote 2

I remember drinking under age also. And I remember some students getting caught and being suspended. If you get caught, you pay the price. If your coach gives you explicit instructions and you don't follow them, you're going to have to pay the price. The team was stupid and they are going to pay the price. It is as simple as that.

Doesnt mean we have to have an attitude about it or be judgemental about it. Its kinda like when you get a speeding ticket and the cop acts all serious about how you were breaking the LAW. You are all about that aren't u 82siouxguy?

Always telln us about the rules like we don't get it. Tell us all again why we had to throw our name away mr. rules professor..

BTW, I have all the respect in the world for Kristo. He stayed for his senior year. I think back to the NCAA West regional final game against Minnesota and I can say he was the best player on the ice and it wasnt even close.

I say that cause he played his hart out. He played his ass off. He never gave up. Which is more than your boy Faison has ever done.

So I say go SIOUX! ,and Kristo, have a beer for me!!

Well alot of people apparently do...who cares what you think. It is an embarassment to the University and the hockey program. Period!

Whoo cares what you think??

People going on about 20 year olds drinking alcohol is an embarassment to a society that hires them to get their brains splattered all over some desert sand in a pointless endeavor half way around the Earth.

Most of us think the 21 year old drinking age is retarded law. South Dakota sued the feds over it.

But as 82siouxguy will surely tell us all- ITS THE LAW. Aw so refreshing to have his insights in our obey the word world.

Hey everyone, here is a question from 82siouxguy to you all, Are your papers in order?

Wow...in the real world people pay me for what I think...in cyberspace I am told what to think. I disagree with you. I do not find this embarrassing. I guarantee you that a party like this happens every year at every hockey program in the country. I find the overreaction, vitriol, and grandstanding embarrassing.

As for Parise, he was cited for being in a bar underage- and I am sure he was there having a gatorade :silly:

• Upvote 1

This Sioux fan is sick and tired of Kristos act. Obviously to get a second game he was involved a bit more than the other captains. Hak takes his A away for the entire season it will be just fine with me. Grow up already.

Kristo's extra game and O'Donnell"s are for an unrelated violation of team rules. I have speculated that they skipped class or a mandatory study session.

All anyone has on Kristo is speculation- why the hate?