SiouxSports.com Forum

captains suspended

theisdog

At risk of repeating myself ...

The media is on this. The reports are with the proper authorities. How about we wait for the ugly truth from those sources. Thank you.

If there were minors at this alleged party, then I think we will know sooner rather than later. I'm guessing citations were issued, correct?

Things have sure changed since I went to college. Any minors were always cited, so I have to question what is going on in this situation.

I was at a party or (two) at UND back in the day where everyone was given an order to leave IMMEDIATELY. We chose to obey, and were not issued citations. Not once did I receive an mip. They don't cite everyone every time.

From what I understand... this wasn't a case of a party being busted by authorities. It was a case of something bad happening that alerted the coaching staff that this took place and punishments were dealt accordingly. I could be wrong. That's just how I've read into it.

It was reported that police have stated they did not respond to any calls about this party.

I vote that people stop speculating. ;)

That's no fun. My idea makes sense though. Rookie party and no one was arrested but something happened? How many freshmen or sophmores for that matter see the er for alcohol poisoning every year? A lot to the point where if you bring your friend in or call for help you do not even get in trouble. If a rookie had to go to the hospital for this the captains will be the ones that are held to account for it.

According to the Star Tribune, University of Minnesota freshman Conner Reilly will be out for the season due to a torn ligament in his right knee. Its says that he fell awkwardly at a TEAM PARTY last Saturday! I wonder if the goofs will punish their captains too? If you dont believe this, read it here. http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/170600996.html

According to the Star Tribune, University of Minnesota freshman Conner Reilly will be out for the season due to a torn ligament in his right knee. Its says that he fell awkwardly at a TEAM PARTY last Saturday! I wonder if the goofs will punish their captains too? If you dont believe this, read it here. http://www.startribu.../170600996.html

Punish the captains because a teammate slipped and fell? I have little doubt alcochol was involved of course but nothing we've heard so far indicates anything that would warrant a suspension.

Punish the captains because a teammate slipped and fell? I have little doubt alcochol was involved of course but nothing we've heard so far indicates anything that would warrant a suspension.

Feel for the kid. I read on another site now that it could be his MCL also and he could be done for good. Lets hope that isn't the case.

It was both. Football injury occured during the playoffs (junior year) of high school (was out entire senior season), moped injury occured his sophomore year at UM

http://www.mndaily.c...-moped-accident

And then you have former Gopher Erik Johnson that injured his knee getting out of a golf cart

Don't forget Jon Waibel punching the glass in celebration after scoring against the Sioux and breaking his hand or wrist. I don't know why gopher fans complain so much about the big, bad Sioux when most of their injuries are self inflicted.