SiouxSports.com Forum

Road Game Tickets

watchmaker49

Via GF Herald - Denver has new ticket policy for series against North Dakota

I believe Miami (OH) and Western Michigan will also have similar policies for the UND series.

On the NHL side, a handful of teams are implementing these types of policies for games against the Chicago Blackhawks in order to keep all the red out of their arenas.

Unless you've heard something second hand I don't believe there has been any public indication from Miami that they are planning on doing this. In the past our "marquee games" (Notre Dame, Michigan, OSU) have just been handled with a higher ticket price, but we do have a new AD who may be looking to shake things up.

All told, any given home game usually has less than 500 seats that ever make it to the public for purchase. I'm guessing by merit of the opponent, and it being the NCHC opener on Friday, not many seats to the series are going to even be available after the donor pre-sale.

I wonder if this couldn't be a conference topic - Trying to limit a certain team's fans is certainly not what this new conference should stand for. I was very happy when the conference was formed, but now every decision seems to bite the Sioux. I think our AD needs to be more vocal and an advocate for fans.

http://www.denverpio...TCLID=205242712

When you check out, in the promo code area type in: NORTHDAKOTAALUMNI and you will not have to purchase the extra tickets to the other games. My family just did it.

Just bought 8 seats for both nights using this code, $32 a piece. Section 7 upper end, row 20. Sioux attack zone twice. Not the best seats like I usually get by buying from the ticket window, but my group is in the building and will be louder than ever. Gotta love the DU cry babies. Like Brad Miller said #Siouxnation!

• Upvote 2

Not trying to keep UND fans from buying tickets? Not according to Denver Captain Paul Phillips.

“They bring so many fans with them and their fans are so loud. It’s real important that we can’t let their fans get into the game. We have to throw the first punch.”

Yeah it's common knowledge UND fans pack Magness every year so it's a great opportunity to capitalize on them. DU is doing it to sell tickets to other games that would normally go unsold. They know the demand for UND is so great that they're forcing people to buy games that normally wouldn't sell very well. again, it's all about money, not shutting out the fans. That's why you don't see that deal with UNO or RPI for instance.

Just bought 8 seats for both nights using this code, $32 a piece. Section 7 upper end, row 20. Sioux attack zone twice. Not the best seats like I usually get by buying from the ticket window, but my group is in the building and will be louder than ever. Gotta love the DU cry babies. Like Brad Miller said #Siouxnation!

I have family here in Denver as well and they are DU fans. Since we purchased through the Alumni code together, they will be surrounded by UND fans! I am genuinely excited to know they will be razzed all game long!

hahaaa. just went to buy some and now the UND games are not on sale. kudos to those that were able to use the code before they shut it down.

It's still there. Just follow the link above and click the enter promo code box. use the "northdakotaalumni" code and it should give you the two UND Denver games. You can also put both games on a single order to minimize your extra fees.

It's still there. Just follow the link above and click the enter promo code box. use the "northdakotaalumni" code and it should give you the two UND Denver games. You can also put both games on a single order to minimize your extra fees.

thanks. didn't work for me earlier but just did now.

• Upvote 1

This will just make more Fighting Sioux fans try to scrounge up tickets!!!! Geez DU.......what a bunch of panzies!!!!

What the local CO fans should do (and there are a ton of them) is to buy that three game pack, FIll the arena with Green for the UND/DU series, and then go to those other games DU is making people buy wearing their green and cheer for whoever they're playing. NOTHING would tick them off more.

What are the on-site ticket resale laws in Colorado?

It'd be tempting to buy the "group" pack and stand outside the arena selling to UND fans walking up. :D

Just stay off the property and you will be fine. The sidewalk is public and they can't do jack about you selling a ticket or two.

What the local CO fans should do (and there are a ton of them) is to buy that three game pack, FIll the arena with Green for the UND/DU series, and then go to those other games DU is making people buy wearing their green and cheer for whoever they're playing. NOTHING would tick them off more.

If I wouldn't miss the internet feed for the Sioux Game playing somewhere else in the USA I would do this. Since the new TV contract all of us fans from Colorado will get to watch via the internet. So no TiVO, no pausing live television and no HD feed. But hey, hopefully the internet feed is better than no Sioux Hockey.