SiouxSports.com Forum

Road Game Tickets

watchmaker49

Got our tickets in Section 121 above the benches today. It appears the tickets are going fast although there are quite a few still available. It is cheaper to go through the MAVS site than ticket master.

Hey! We're in Section 120, row 12! See ya there. Where are you staying? We'll be at the Holiday Inn.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Single game tickets go on sale Sept.1 for the SCSU series. https://tkt.xosn.com...GORIES_ID=89940

The Sioux shoot at the west end twice. Seating chart http://www.scsuhuski...146.aspx?&tab=2

We sat up in section 108 during the Mario vs. Marvin series a few years back. The seats were pretty good, or as good as you can expect in the concrete center. Also, we took the bus from the Mc Dugout, home of the Hairy Buffalo.

Single-game tickets for the series at Miami go on sale Sept. 11

http://m.muredhawks....DB_OEM_ID=26100

Tickets for the series at Western Michigan go on sale Sept. 10

NOTE:

Tickets for the Michigan State, North Dakota and Notre Dame games are available through the Pick 8 plan untill the Monday before the event

http://www.wmubronco...&ATCLID=3652582

• 2 weeks later...

Via GF Herald - Denver has new ticket policy for series against North Dakota

I believe Miami (OH) and Western Michigan will also have similar policies for the UND series.

On the NHL side, a handful of teams are implementing these types of policies for games against the Chicago Blackhawks in order to keep all the red out of their arenas.

I can see it backfiring...ND fans still buy tickets and fill the stands for the UND series but DU ends up with empty seats for 4 other games.

I can see it backfiring...ND fans still buy tickets and fill the stands for the UND series but DU ends up with empty seats for 4 other games.

These things are done for money, knowing they can captialize on a rabid fanbase that will buy these deals to see 2 UND games. I don't think the main thought process was to keep UND fans out of the rink. College athletics is all about money these days, not about what's good for rivalries/fans, etc... College hockey is no different unfortunately.

These things are done for money, knowing they can captialize on a rabid fanbase that will buy these deals to see 2 UND games. I don't think the main thought process was to keep UND fans out of the rink. College athletics is all about money these days, not about what's good for rivalries/fans, etc... College hockey is no different unfortunately.

Not trying to keep UND fans from buying tickets? Not according to Denver Captain Paul Phillips.

“They bring so many fans with them and their fans are so loud. It’s real important that we can’t let their fans get into the game. We have to throw the first punch.”

Via GF Herald - Denver has new ticket policy for series against North Dakota

I believe Miami (OH) and Western Michigan will also have similar policies for the UND series.

On the NHL side, a handful of teams are implementing these types of policies for games against the Chicago Blackhawks in order to keep all the red out of their arenas.

This is a joke. Just spoke to the DU ticket office. You have to buy matching amount of tickets to one of six "flex game." So to get 4 tickets to each night of UND/DU I have to buy another 4 tickets to two different "flex games." So one couldn't even go there and buy a three pack including UND to see DU play a good team on these "Flex games." I can see this working in the NHL because it is a NHL team and they play plenty of other decent teams.

Everyone is right UND fans are going to get into the game, but having to buy matching amount of extra tickets to two BS games, c'mon.

Sounds to me like DU doesn't like competititon and they are going to take their ball and go home, but not after charging their opponent to watch them play two other games.

Stub Hub has tickets to this series already and they start at $77 a ticket plus a $9 service fee to make it a grand total of $86 a ticket for a DU/ Sioux game. This is a newer rivalry but almost $90 for a ticket behind the goal. I guess that is what it will work out to having to buy 2 other "flex game" tickets.

Can someone please post how to get alumni tickets. Thanks.

There's a TON of Sioux alumni/fans in Colorado. I'd say start a thread in 'Tickets' (if there isn't one already) and get a bunch of people to get tickets as a group (thus bypassing the extra tickets rule). Better to put in a little extra effort organizing with other fans than to waste all that extra money paying to watch DU play crap games.

• Upvote 1

There's a TON of Sioux alumni/fans in Colorado. I'd say start a thread in 'Tickets' (if there isn't one already) and get a bunch of people to get tickets as a group (thus bypassing the extra tickets rule). Better to put in a little extra effort organizing with other fans than to waste all that extra money paying to watch DU play crap games.

Yep! I saw this on twitter:

"Our @UNDMHockey tickets are in hand for the @DU_Hockey series. Went the group route. 32 for Friday and 36 for Saturday!"

I have 8 people in my group. So I would be interested!

This is exactly the route that I would take. Need a few deeper pocket alums to buy up a bunch of blocks of 30, and sell to fellow Sioux fans.

Not trying to keep UND fans from buying tickets? Not according to Denver Captain Paul Phillips.

“They bring so many fans with them and their fans are so loud. It’s real important that we can’t let their fans get into the game. We have to throw the first punch.”

This makes me want to go and take a few hundred of my friends with me but, alas, I can't afford to do that. Azzhats.....

If I could afford it I would buy like 50 right now, then sell the rest at face value to other UND fans.

I have been in conversation with my group in Colorado and those who already plan to travel in from Nodak for that weekend trying to find a work-around because nobody, locals included are interested in buying tickets to other games.

How many count as a 'group'? I would also be interested.

Group tickets take a minimum of 20 tickets. So if I could get 12 more who are willing to pay right now, I would call the cry babies at DU and and set it up. I'd be willing to be the point person for a large group purchase, I just need a guarantee that I am going to get money for tickets and not get stuck with extra tickets. The best I can tell through the DU website group tickets are around $30 a ticket so for a total of $1200 for the series for 40 total tickets.

The next thing that is going to happen is the same thing DU does for their CC series and they don't allow group tickets to that series.

This is exactly the route that I would take. Need a few deeper pocket alums to buy up a bunch of blocks of 30, and sell to fellow Sioux fans.

I don't have 'deep pockets' but do have a credit card and would be willing to do this ONLY if I knew I could sell them all!

UNDhockey twitter has a opinion

@UNDMHockey: Minnesota doesn't want our team in their arena. Now DU doesn't want our fans in their arena. Did you guys not get hugged enough as children?

and Brad Miller, this is good stuff

@Bradm14: Hey, @DU_Hockey...you think making @UNDMHockey fans buy 30 tics at a time for your home games will stop #siouxnation?? Good luck

• Upvote 2

UNDhockey twitter has a opinion

@UNDMHockey: Minnesota doesn't want our team in their arena. Now DU doesn't want our fans in their arena. Did you guys not get hugged enough as children?

and Brad Miller, this is good stuff

@Bradm14: Hey, @DU_Hockey...you think making @UNDMHockey fans buy 30 tics at a time for your home games will stop #siouxnation?? Good luck

EPIC. Now, hopefully UND fans will put their money where their mouth is!