SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Beck wasn't convicted of the resisting arrest charge last year. However, the fact that he had to do community service for his first minor tells me that they cleared his record of the resisting charge in exchange for community service. Well played by Beck/his attorney on that one. This is his second time being charged with resisting arrest, let's see if it sticks this time.

Also, watching the video it's obvious Beck and the other individual (aanenson? don't remember name and don't feel like looking it up) went straight from the bar to the alley for a reason. Later it looks like Beck tries to get away before being "herded" back in to finish the fight, but it's obvious he knew what he was doing when he first walked into that alley.

This poor guy has been vilified hasn't he?

This is his second resisting arrest charge and he's lucky to get off with only that. He admitted to punching the guy until he went down unconscious. What would have happened if the guy he was punching was killed?

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread there's a real culture problem for the footballs players down at the at college. Seriously wouldn't surprise me if Taylor and bohl decide not to punish beck and the problem only grows.

Nice that you feel so sorry for Aanenson who's 6'6" and over 250 - It's a fight that Aannson started and lost. When 2 guys square off someone loses plus it was actually 2 against 1 as one of Anenson's friends as in there also fighting. Beck put himself in a poor situation but he does have the right to defend himself.

Check out the police car video on the link below. His parents must be so proud.

http://mobile.inforu...ticle/id/402976

Reflections on the squad car video:

1. This guys is wasting talent he belongs on the debate team.

2. He admits to the officer that the consequences of getting his second resisting arrest charges will probably mean he's done with football (guess he should have thought of that earlier in the evening).

2. Just wondering about this guy's judgement - being being drunk in downtown Fargo at 3 in the morning, choosing to go get into a fight in an alley and he already has alcohol and police issues in his past. This guy's team captain material.

3. NDSU is setting this guy up as a role model for area youth according to Travis's comments - wow - he's the best they have?

Despite my enjoyment of watching the AC twist in the wind during all of this, I have to say that I have some empathy for Beck's position in this.

Exactly when will Aanenson get to experience the joy of going through a perp walk, having the media contact you and your family for public comment on your behavior, or just generally be held accountable for your illegal drunken actions? The public embarrassment of getting your ass kicked (particularly with your considerable size/reach advantage) notwithstanding, he seems to be feeling none of the legal accountability one would expect for his role in a violent act in public.

2. He admits to the officer that the consequences of getting his second resisting arrest charges will probably mean he's done with football (guess he should have thought of that earlier in the evening).

2. Just wondering about this guy's judgement - being being drunk in downtown Fargo at 3 in the morning, choosing to go get into a fight in an alley and he already has alcohol and police issues in his past. This guy's team captain material.

3. NDSU is setting this guy up as a role model for area youth according to Travis's comments - wow - he's the best they have?

There is so much interesting stuff in this video I don't even know where to begin. Man, does this look bad being he is an NDSU athlete.

He even says himself he should be done playing football after two resisting arrest charges. Obviously, Bohl said something to him in the past for him to have that idea.

i've clicked on that link and i have yet to see the "squad car" video.....All I see is the press conference and the street video

No doubt the aggravated assault charges should have been dropped. But I think it is a pretty big stretch that Beck has all of the sudden become the victim. He didn't leave the restaurant to escape the situation. He wasn't followed into the alley and jumped like some of the faithful are claiming. The other guy said let's take it outside and Beck said OK. That is straight from his mouth. Seems like he was a willing participant in the fight to me. Again, no grounds for aggravated assault charges but he was no "victim" in the indicident.

• Upvote 2

No doubt the aggravated assault charges should have been dropped. But I think it is a pretty big stretch that Beck has all of the sudden become the victim. He didn't leave the restaurant to escape the situation. He wasn't followed into the alley and jumped like some of the faithful are claiming. The other guy said let's take it outside and Beck said OK. That is straight from his mouth. Seems like he was a willing participant in the fight to me. Again, no grounds for aggravated assault charges but he was no "victim" in the indicident.

Agreed. Pretty accurate take.

Agreed. Pretty accurate take.

He also seems to understand that being charged with resisting arrest for the second time (or "going around the corner for some air" as he called it) isn't going to go over well.

Nice that you feel so sorry for Aanenson who's 6'6" and over 250 - It's a fight that Aannson started and lost. When 2 guys square off someone loses plus it was actually 2 against 1 as one of Anenson's friends as in there also fighting. Beck put himself in a poor situation but he does have the right to defend himself.

Truly I feel sorry for both of them since they both feel a need to deal with eachother by fighting. And how can you say heck was defending himself when he went outside clearly to fight. What was he defending? His fu honor?

How about everyone on here stops vilifying Beck. He got himself into a shity situation with some jackasses and then got railroaded by the media and by people looking to pile on. There is a reason the charges were dropped. If this were a situation where some juiced up bizun football player went on a rampage then the charges would not have been dropped but that wasn't the case. I'm sure ndsu has players on their team with questionable character but Beck isn't one of them.

• Upvote 3

How about everyone on here stops vilifying Beck. He got himself into a shity situation with some jackasses and then got railroaded by the media and by people looking to pile on. There is a reason the charges were dropped. If this were a situation where some juiced up bizun football player went on a rampage then the charges would not have been dropped but that wasn't the case. I'm sure ndsu has players on their team with questionable character but Beck isn't one of them.

It seems to me that most people have now agreed that the charges should be dropped. The talk now has moved onto how anyone can justify it as self defense. He put himself in this situation by heading out the door and down the alley.

Now it is just something to talk about because of all the videos and articles that have been released.

It seems to me that most people have now agreed that the charges should be dropped. The talk now has moved onto how anyone can justify it as self defense. He put himself in this situation by heading out the door and down the alley.

Now it is just something to talk about because of all the videos and articles that have been released.

I think that's what a lot of us are getting at. This guy put himself in this situation, he's “not” a victim that the fans in Bisonville are making him out to be. Why is it that most of the law abiding public can abide by the rules and not get into fights and trouble? The kid needs to go to an anger management class, before someone bigger, meaner and tougher kills him in a bar fight and he becomes a name on a grave marker and a statistic. That's not a favorable outcome by any means.

If he hadn't been downtown at three in the morning getting into a fight, he wouldn't be in this situation. If he was downtown, there’s no reason for him stepping outside and getting into a fight in the first place. It’s time to grow up; it’s time to realize you cannot get yourself in these situations. The problem is Bohl should suspend him but he won’t, it’s about putting wining above everything else, like he did with the Voter Registration Fraud case. I guarantee if this was a UND hockey player it would be in the media as well.

Beck wasn't convicted of the resisting arrest charge last year. However, the fact that he had to do community service for his first minor tells me that they cleared his record of the resisting charge in exchange for community service. Well played by Beck/his attorney on that one. This is his second time being charged with resisting arrest, let's see if it sticks this time.

Also, watching the video it's obvious Beck and the other individual (aanenson? don't remember name and don't feel like looking it up) went straight from the bar to the alley for a reason. Later it looks like Beck tries to get away before being "herded" back in to finish the fight, but it's obvious he knew what he was doing when he first walked into that alley.

Everyone in Fargo gets community service for minors. Also, if I recall, his first resisting was just for running away from a party or something like that. Hell, I ran from the cops when I got a minor and didn't get in any extra trouble for that....literally within a month of Travis.

So if Beck has second thoughts or wants to go elsewhere and tries to leave, and is essentially prevented from doing so. At some point he has the right to defend himself.

Everyone in Fargo gets community service for minors. Also, if I recall, his first resisting was just for running away from a party or something like that. Hell, I ran from the cops when I got a minor and didn't get in any extra trouble for that....literally within a month of Travis.

So if Beck has second thoughts or wants to go elsewhere and tries to leave, and is essentially prevented from doing so. At some point he has the right to defend himself.

Actually he had stolen a street sign and ran from the cops into an apartment building. The cops knew who he was and were able to get one of his friends to convince him to come out. As to your statement about second thoughts regarding the fight, he still put himself in that situation. Not saying he deserves to be charged with assault, but he's certainly not an innocent victim in this.

I am sure that Beck wasn't running his mouth at all. Right?

Actually he had stolen a street sign and ran from the cops into an apartment building. The cops knew who he was and were able to get one of his friends to convince him to come out. As to your statement about second thoughts regarding the fight, he still put himself in that situation. Not saying he deserves to be charged with assault, but he's certainly not an innocent victim in this.

Thanks for clarifying that detail. It seems like most people have came to an agreement that he shouldn't be charged now.

Wouldn't be surprised one way or the other. From what I have heard he is a pretty quiet guy. I have never talked to him though so I can't vouch for that or anything.

Completely unimportant side point: What was Beck doing at the Drunken Noodle at 2:45am by himself? Kind of strange to be running by himself after a night of drinking. Probably would have helped to have some buddies with to stick up for him or talk it down.

Completely unimportant side point: What was Beck doing at the Drunken Noodle at 2:45am by himself? Kind of strange to be running by himself after a night of drinking. Probably would have helped to have some buddies with to stick up for him or talk it down.

Could be people he was drinking with had caught a ride home already or lived on the opposite side of town. Maybe he was just waiting for a cap, God knows it is a nightmare to get a cab home if you decide to stay til bar close. Definitely couldn't have hurt to have some friends with.

Ya, and thaaa'ts a Felony, deserving at least a couple of days in jail, right?

Typical response from the college fan base that's football team all-American’s only are surpassed by it's teams' number of FBI numbers.