SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

So what you are saying is, Craig Bohl would rather stick around at a lower level division than coach at the highest level possible?

I didn't say that, I said he would only leave if offered the right opportunity. I think jobs like NDSU, Montana, App State are better than a lot of the lower level FBS jobs and I also think that is something Bohl has realized.

A lot of FBS schools want squeaky clean backgrounds for their coaches: see Arkansas. NDSU had no problem hiring Bohl even with his past, whereas many lower FBS schools would look elsewhere.

Bohl has been at NDSU quite a while and his record has been good on and off the field(other than having a leadfoot)...I think when schools look at him as an option that is what they will look at. I agree though the NDSU job is a better gig than coaching a lower tier MAC or some other lower level team from a non BCS conference....remember it isn't the winning teams in those conferences that are looking for Coaches.

Unless a BCS job opens up I doubt Bohl goes anywhere.

BCS level jobs don't usually hire FCS coaches, especially FCS coaches from North Dakota. Bohl probably could have had a number of lower level FBS jobs but I don't think he wants to deal with coaching at school that lacks the needed support to win at a high level.

Things seemed to work out ok for Brian Kelly jumping to a lower end FCS to start with. He's an exception I know.

It looks like the subject needs to return to the 10 NDSU football players that have been charged with voter fraud. This thread really isn't about whether Bohl's treatment of these 10 will affect his move to the next level. Or whether UND students might commit voter fraud. This thread is talking about the 10 current players and 3 former players at NDSU that did commit voter fraud, and how they are being treated. Will the President of NDSU be releasing any more clarifications this week?

I had several interns from UND over the past decade and have known quite a few other students. That includes some football players and hockey players. All of the students that I've known have been bright enough to know what forgery is and that it's illegal. But I've only known a small percentage of the UND students during that period, and most of them were good students, so maybe I haven't seen the entire picture. In any case, there is no excuse for not knowing a pretty basic part of the law.

You were seeing more of the cream of the crop. I would almost say from my experiance a third of the students at UND would not know how wrong forging signatures is.

Things seemed to work out ok for Brian Kelly jumping to a lower end FCS to start with. He's an exception I know.

Brian Kelly is also only 50 years old. He got his first FBS coaching job when he was 42. Bohl is already 54 years old. By the time Bohl would be at a BCS-type school, he would be getting old.

This just in...the "C" and the 3 "A"s suspended for the season hockey opener by Faison for a party incident that took place on 9/15. Least we know one AD in this state has a pair!

In any situation, accountablility starts at the top and trickles down...the AC might won't to make note of this at some point.

This just in...the "C" and the 3 "A"s suspended for the season hockey opener by Faison for a party incident that took place on 9/15. Least we know one AD in this state has a pair!

In any situation, accountablility starts at the top and trickles down...the AC might won't to make note of this at some point.

I bet a lot of people will really start pressuring NDSU to suspend their players after seeing what happened at UND.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/245236/

“The behavior in this situation was unacceptable,” athletic director Brian Faison said. “Measures taken by the athletics department do not preclude possible additional measures by the department, or actions by the University, local or state authorities.”

But its no big deal right Gene Taylor. :whistling: At least Faison cares about the character of their sports teams unlike at another ND school.

Well at least they weren't out getting petition signatures :lol: Are there any legal charges pending?

Nope, no citations given out, either. They didn't break the law from the sounds of it. They just did something stupid that goes against what UND Hockey stands for, and they're paying the price.

Nope, no citations given out, either. They didn't break the law from the sounds of it. They just did something stupid that goes against what UND Hockey stands for, and they're paying the price.

THIS IS ALL JUST A CONSPIRACY!!! UND staffers knew that we'd smoke Alaska, and it'd be an easy game to have these guys sit out. Further, there probably wasn't even a party in the first place. UND is just trying to make the NDSU administration look bad by going overboard with these suspensions, and trying to kiss up to the North Dakota general public.. Once again, the north school is keeping the south school down.

;):silly::whistling:

• Upvote 2

A lot of Bison fans pissed I put this up on AGS. Boy they defend their coach/AD's decision all the way. How dare I insult the loyal brotherhood of NDSU football, its so sacred. :silly:

At NDSU, boys stay boys until they become good ole' boys.

At UND, boys become men, otherwise they don't stay.

Bison fans have always had more than their share of loud mouths and bullies. That fan base is like the FCS version of jihadists: come anywhere close to insulting their prophets (Bohl, Taylor, and Chapman), or their God, bizon football, and you face the wrath of their violence on message boards.

• Upvote 1

Bison fans have always had more than their share of loud mouths and bullies. That fan base is like the FCS version of jihadists: come anywhere close to insulting their prophets (Bohl, Taylor, and Chapman), or their God, bizon football, and you face the wrath of their violence on message boards.

Yes, don't mess with teh bizon footballs progrum

See what I did there bisonvillers?

They got pissed I brought up about Sioux hockey, too bad their Bison buddies did that about 100 posts earlier and not one Bison fan complained about it. Hmm so its okay if they bring up UND hockey but we can't. Just like I have to check in with them when I post something about UND on a message board designated to the college football world. Boy they win a NC and they think they can take over the world.