SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

The one qoute about not doing anything tll after the season I think will come back and bite them in the butt yet. Serious NCAA violations occured here and even if they do win this year the NCAA could say they played ineligible players and erase he record books like that (hear finger snapping).

That wouldn't recieve any attention on this site if it didn't involve NDSU. Your kidding youself if you think otherwise. Synthetic drugs are a legal problem that effect the entire state of ND and I haven't heard anyone discuss it on here. Why? Because you haven't moved on.

So you want your program to get attention when they are winning and things are going good, but when your coach and AD trip over thier dicks trying to sweep things under the rug and your president is left with the broom trying, unsuccessfully, to clean things up, you would rather have no attention on your team. I think I am following your logic.

Inferiority complex, often used to mean low self-esteem, is a feeling of intense insecurity. An inferiority complex can be seen in negative or "useless" reactions. These reactions only serve to guard one's self-esteem. It is often seen as comparing individuals or groups as one being superior to another, it more closely describes how one deals with a fear of failure.

- team wins national championship, player says "Sioux Suck" at national championship pep rally (ever heard an Alabama player do that?)

- fans cheer "Sioux Suck" at national champions pep rally (See above)

- fans cheer "Sioux Suck" at games not involving UND (never happened at UND)

- fans frequent UND chat rooms and continually try to point out how NDSU is better than UND (yawn...)

- fans frequent other teams chat rooms with intent to put down UND (it ain't just Lakes)

- fans constantly compare their school to UND, looking for any little statistic that will make their school look superior to UND (see annual attendance threads)

- fans can't wait to comment on perceived UND shortfallings (watch thise week and be amazed)

- school has a president that morgages the university's future and its integrity in an effort to build attendance, again because of comparisons to UND (then leaves for Colorado)

- fans feel the need to discount UND's hockey team accomplishments (perpetual)

- fans feel the need to revise history in an attempt to show superiority (It was UND that ended the rivalry, you folllowed us...)

Great post. Spot on.

Well folks, it's been good fishing.

I found out that nothing has changed in Sioux country. You have a first-class hockey program to be proud of, and you're envious as hell of North Dakota State's football dynasty. Because you can't have it, you would like to burn it down. It's been over 50 years of it now. The theme never changes. I thought that perhaps ya'll had evolved. I was wrong.

You've repeated this 3 or 4 times now yt you keep coming back on the board trying to brag up your program we don't care about. We aren't discussing the wins and losses of your program. We are discussing the lack of discipline within it. Maybe if NDSU could simplify the 4 stages a person goes through for punishment things would be easier. I mean, you would think the head coach of your football program could handle giving a punishment without having to get the ok from all the way across campus if he truely believed there should be punishment. He has done it before right?

Inferiority complex, often used to mean low self-esteem, is a feeling of intense insecurity. An inferiority complex can be seen in negative or "useless" reactions. These reactions only serve to guard one's self-esteem. It is often seen as comparing individuals or groups as one being superior to another, it more closely describes how one deals with a fear of failure.

- team wins national championship, player says "Sioux Suck" at national championship pep rally (ever heard an Alabama player do that?)

- fans frequent UND chat rooms and continually try to point out how NDSU is better than UND (yawn...)

- fans frequent other teams chat rooms with intent to put down UND (it ain't just Lakes)

- fans constantly compare their school to UND, looking for any little statistic that will make their school look superior to UND (see annual attendance threads)

- fans can't wait to comment on perceived UND shortfallings (watch thise week and be amazed)

- school has a president that morgages the university's future and its integrity in an effort to build attendance, again because of comparisons to UND (then leaves for Colorado)

- fans feel the need to revise history in an attempt to show superiority (It was UND that ended the rivalry, you folllowed us...)

NDSU=Jan Brady

UND=Marcia

All of these are legit points. I still don't think these kids really understood the ramifications though. They just thought they were scamming their employer. But they should be punished for what they did harshly. There is no way to defend their actions considering, as many here have pointed out so well, have affected all the citizens of North Dakota with their selfish actions. They should be kicked off the team and scholarships revoked. And yes if it had been hockey players I really do not think anyone here would defend them like NDSU has defended their players.

They may not have known the complete ramifications, but even grade school kids know that you aren't supposed to sign someone else's name. I can't believe that there is a college kid in the country that doesn't know it is illegal to sign someone else's name on a legal document. And their education really failed them if they didn't understand that these were legal documents, especially when they came from the state government and had to be notarized. If they didn't realize that they were doing something illegal they probably don't belong in college.

You've repeated this 3 or 4 times now yt you keep coming back on the board trying to brag up your program we don't care about. We aren't discussing the wins and losses of your program. We are discussing the lack of discipline within it. Maybe if NDSU could simplify the 4 stages a person goes through for punishment things would be easier. I mean, you would think the head coach of your football program could handle giving a punishment without having to get the ok from all the way across campus if he truely believed there should be punishment. He has done it before right?

It isn't really 4 stages of punishment, there are 4 different places they can be punished. The football team and athletic department have the right, and responsibility, to punish players that break team rules. They don't have to wait for anyone else to act or anyone else to approve. They have just chosen not to punish the players, at least not in a public way. The coach and AD don't believe this was a serious crime because it didn't involve sex, violence or alcohol. Everyone (associated with NDSU anyway) knows that those are the only serious crimes.

-one player said it.

-if you were there you'd know it was a small number of people.

-it is because we are better than you.

-comparing attendence is quite interesting considering the two schools are both growing right now. and I see a lot of UND-to-NDSU comparing on here, don't pretend you are innocent.

-just like UND fans are enjoying the NDSU troubles NDSU will enjoy watching while UND looks bad as well.

-School had a president who did great things for our school and also some things he probably shouldn't have. I am getting a great education here and so are 14,000 other students.

-hockey isn't American and is not a common sport in ND high schools. Irrelevant.

-UND followed after they saw how well NDSU was doing. This is true. UND did end the rivalry in a classless way. No history revision there buddy.

NDSU=Jan Brady

UND=Marcia

Did Jan win more titles in essentially every sport? Did Jan average higher attendencees in essentially every sport? Cause NDSU has done both of those things.

NDSU= Poster child for successful last 9 years.

UND= Poster child for failure and having some Godawful lady reviewing dining establishments.

-one player said it.

-if you were there you'd know it was a small number of people.

-it is because we are better than you.

-comparing attendence is quite interesting considering the two schools are both growing right now. and I see a lot of UND-to-NDSU comparing on here, don't pretend you are innocent.

-just like UND fans are enjoying the NDSU troubles NDSU will enjoy watching while UND looks bad as well.

-School had a president who did great things for our school and also some things he probably shouldn't have. I am getting a great education here and so are 14,000 other students.

-hockey isn't American and is not a common sport in ND high schools. Irrelevant.

-UND followed after they saw how well NDSU was doing. This is true. UND did end the rivalry in a classless way. No history revision there buddy.

Did Jan win more titles in essentially every sport? Did Jan average higher attendencees in essentially every sport? Cause NDSU has done both of those things.

NDSU= Poster child for successful last 9 years.

UND= Poster child for failure and having some Godawful lady reviewing dining establishments.

You have become quite a troll lately. You were actually trying to fit in for a while. But I guess your masters down at Bville finally won the battle and finished the brainwashing. You really add nothing but noise to this site.

You have become quite a troll lately. You were actually trying to fit in for a while. But I guess your masters down at Bville finally won the battle and finished the brainwashing. You really add nothing but noise to this site.

I can fit in just fine. If people on here are willing to quit trying to make NDSU out as this horrible place and how all of the fans clearly are worse than UND fans, etc etc. than I am willing to be an objective person as well. See my posts in the football threads.

Lets get one thing straight, I was brainwashed from the moment I was conceived in 1991.

The one qoute about not doing anything tll after the season I think will come back and bite them in the butt yet. Serious NCAA violations occured here and even if they do win this year the NCAA could say they played ineligible players and erase he record books like that (hear finger snapping).

If they go back-to-back, Bohl will be gone and it won't be his situation to deal with. Any yes, there will be a strong market for him, regardless of the petition mess.

If they go back-to-back, Bohl will be gone and it won't be his situation to deal with. Any yes, there will be a strong market for him, regardless of the petition mess.

Same guy from App's titles is still there. no guarantee that Bohl would be gone.

Again, what does this have to do with class A misdemeanor voter fraud charges filed against 10 current and 3 former NDSU football players?

This is serious stuff, even if leaders of NDSU’s athletics department don’t seem to think so.

I guess I'll take the hometown newspaper being famous for restaurant reviews instead of it having to point out the seriousness of crimes to local athletes and university leaders.

I can fit in just fine. If people on here are willing to quit trying to make NDSU out as this horrible place and how all of the fans clearly are worse than UND fans, etc etc. than I am willing to be an objective person as well. See my posts in the football threads.

Lets get one thing straight, I was brainwashed from the moment I was conceived in 1991.

Johnnyboy, question for you since your a student at NDSU. Since your coach, AD and president want all these players to be treated the same as students in this case. What do you think would happen to a NDSU student who has been kicked out of the dorms for _____ (I know you know), been in trouble for______ (I know you know), maybe had a couple other offenses and than had this on thier record?

No you just don't get it - you will never fit in here. You have already stated and through your posts proven that your only reason for being here is to serve as the resident troll. You can't be objective you have already shared that you wish the worst for UND. Why can't you get it that no one wants to hear what you have to say. But but but football...

You seem like one of those guys that doesn't like Notre Dame very much.

Johnnyboy, question for you since your a student at NDSU. Since your coach, AD and president want all these players to be treated the same as students in this case. What do you think would happen to a NDSU student who has been kicked out of the dorms for _____ (I know you know), been in trouble for______ (I know you know), maybe had a couple other offenses and than had this on thier record?

I don't know. I am sure nothing too terrible would happen. I wouldn't expect them to get kicked out of school or anything. We'll see what el Presidente does. I would assume whatever he does is what would happen to a normal student.

I don't know. I am sure nothing too terrible would happen. I wouldn't expect them to get kicked out of school or anything. We'll see what el Presidente does. I would assume whatever he does is what would happen to a normal student.

Fair enough. In my opinion if you fill in the blanks they would be boarderline kicked out but I respect your opinion.

Again, what does this have to do with class A misdemeanor voter fraud charges filed against 10 current and 3 former NDSU football players?

This is serious stuff, even if leaders of NDSU’s athletics department don’t seem to think so.

I guess I'll take the hometown newspaper being famous for restaurant reviews instead of it having to point out the seriousness of crimes to local athletes and university leaders.

UND fans on this message board have been fabricating this scandal, with the help of the AG and Secretary of State, to take down bizon football. The Minot Daily News, the Grand Forks Herald, the Bismarck Tribune, and the Fargo Forum have all given in to Siouxsports.com fan opinion, and remarkably made it their own editorial opinions at least twice. :xmas:

Taylor and Bresciani may be the most stone deaf leaders around, largely because they have a fan base that kisses their a**es every step they take. The bizon fan base made this scandal 100 times worse.

• Upvote 3

They may not have known the complete ramifications, but even grade school kids know that you aren't supposed to sign someone else's name. I can't believe that there is a college kid in the country that doesn't know it is illegal to sign someone else's name on a legal document. And their education really failed them if they didn't understand that these were legal documents, especially when they came from the state government and had to be notarized. If they didn't realize that they were doing something illegal they probably don't belong in college.

The reason I think they didn't is from experiance over the last 10 years with college kids. I think if you were in a classroom at UND today you would shake your head a lot in wonderment as to how did they get this far in life.

The reason I think they didn't is from experiance over the last 10 years with college kids. I think if you were in a classroom at UND today you would shake your head a lot in wonderment as to how did they get this far in life.

I had several interns from UND over the past decade and have known quite a few other students. That includes some football players and hockey players. All of the students that I've known have been bright enough to know what forgery is and that it's illegal. But I've only known a small percentage of the UND students during that period, and most of them were good students, so maybe I haven't seen the entire picture. In any case, there is no excuse for not knowing a pretty basic part of the law.

Boone has a lot more to offer than Fargo. Apples and oranges comparison.

Unless a BCS job opens up I doubt Bohl goes anywhere.

BCS level jobs don't usually hire FCS coaches, especially FCS coaches from North Dakota. Bohl probably could have had a number of lower level FBS jobs but I don't think he wants to deal with coaching at school that lacks the needed support to win at a high level.